• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Graffiti on the Camino- this is how I handled it

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I'm not saying I love the sight of graffiti...I'm not on the forum much these days but got an email of top threads this past week
and one was titled Graffiti or had the word in its subject line. It made me think maybe I should share...

FIVE points to whoever can say where this graffiti came from...
I took the image and had it put on canvas...its a focal point in our home...

We then stalked the graffiti artist on line and found another piece she did in what appeared to be an alter
of an old abandoned church, I copied that, put it on canvas and sprayed it with a product to keep it safe from rain etc...
It is a focal point in our garden. I am not certain if it is on the Camino, but the first picture is one I took on it.
TEN points to whoever can share where the location of this one (as I don't know).

b_graffiti2.JPG

mary2.JPG

Attachments

• b_graffiti1.JPG
    b_graffiti1.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 62
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I wouldn’t think of this ‘art’ as ‘graffiti’, which I’d normally reserve for tags, scribbles and crude drawings. Maybe it’s like the definition of ‘weeds’, which I understand to be context-specific.

I'm not saying I love the sight of graffiti...I'm not on the forum much these days but got an email of top threads this past week
and one was titled Graffiti or had the word in its subject line. It made me think maybe I should share...

FIVE points to whoever can say where this graffiti came from...
I took the image and had it put on canvas...its a focal point in our home...

We then stalked the graffiti artist on line and found another piece she did in what appeared to be an alter
of an old abandoned church, I copied that, put it on canvas and sprayed it with a product to keep it safe from rain etc...
It is a focal point in our garden. I am not certain if it is on the Camino, but the first picture is one I took on it.
TEN points to whoever can share where the location of this one (as I don't know).

View attachment 48406

View attachment 48407
Hola

It is not graffiti but may be classified as street art. Think of Banksy as the premiere contemporary street artist at present time.
The image itself reminds me of little My from Mumitrollet.. although the drawing is far from the original. Maybe it is something about the posture of the small girl. Or maybe I am just trying to connect dots very very far from each other..

Grafitti has been around for... a long time.. but in its contemporary form it is often Taki183 which is stated as its originator.
Taki183 began scribiling the tag deriving from his name and his address in subways in New York City in late 60'.
From there it spread to.. everywhere..

Regardless... I cannot help you identifiying the place you are seeking, and just felt like replying with some thoughts that your post made me remember.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I enjoyed seeing the photos of your lovely home, but the "art" on the canvases, although not in line of my personal taste, is not what I would call graffiti.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Perhaps a definition of graffiti is warranted.

I think the two pictures taken out of context appear to be art. However if the pictures were covering the art on the wall of an 800 yr old church wouldnt that be different? There is also a self serving context. For example if I write my name on a rock and place it in the pile at the iron cross is different than writing it on the cross itself.
I seem to recall a guy named Marshal McCluhan writing “the medium is the message” and I think this is a simplified example.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back