• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Granada - Convent of Santiago nuns need your help

• Thread starter Deleted member 73526
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73526

Perhaps you've noticed that there"s an appeal for help from the Convent of Santiago in the "Help a Camino Business in these Covid-19 times" forum:

I thought I'd open a thread in the Mozarabe forum to share my memory of staying at the convent, and give this appeal a bit of a boost among the people who are most interested in this rather less famous route.

October 2017 - On my way into Granada - surely one of the most beautiful stages of any Camino, I called to the Convent and was disappointed that they were fully booked for my first two nights in Granada, but since I had ambitious sightseeing plans for the city, I checked into a hotel for two nights and the nuns had a room for me on my last night in Granada.

I regret that I didn't join the nuns for mass, but my memories are of the beautiful garden, the tranquil atmosphere and the generous breakfast that I had in the morning before continuing on my Camino. The 200km marker stone is in the yard at the entrance to the convent. When I set off from Almeria, I had so little confidence about the Camino, but when I saw this stone, I gave myself permission to believe that I might make it to Santiago.

Does anyone else have memories of the convent to share?

Attachments

• F516E178-85F8-44FA-A259-465B0EE0EA08.jpeg
    F516E178-85F8-44FA-A259-465B0EE0EA08.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • B528C53E-415D-46C6-A29D-94E95ACFF548.jpeg
    B528C53E-415D-46C6-A29D-94E95ACFF548.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 1FF1D35A-CBAA-4DAF-93E1-C7B8DA0A42DE.jpeg
    1FF1D35A-CBAA-4DAF-93E1-C7B8DA0A42DE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back