• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Granada-Merida-Seville-Salamanca

• Thread starter Deleted member 397
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 397

Off again in july..planning to leave Granada 8th july walking to Merida then train to Seville then walk from there to Salamanca. Guessing it won't be too busy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,
I walked Alméria to Merida in Oct. -Nov. 2018. Temperature was often in mid 20s centigrade even then. There is little or no shade and some every long stages. I met very few peregrinos as it is a very solitary Camino. The heat will be your main problem during your walk-hope you enjoy high temperatures!

Hi,
I walked Alméria to Merida in Oct. -Nov. 2018. Temperature was often in mid 20s centigrade even then. There is little or no shade and some every long stages. I met very few peregrinos as it is a very solitary Camino. The heat will be your main problem during your walk-hope you enjoy high temperatures!
Thanks for the reply. I have walked from granada twice before..always in summer. I much prefer solitary routes,none of the tsunami of people found on others

I much prefer solitary routes,none of the tsunami of people found on others

For solitary walking have you considered the Camino Torres? Pilgrim numbers are pretty low – probably around 20 per year so you are very likely to have the camino to yourself, as I did. Great walking, sometimes in quite remote areas, and some interesting and historic towns (Almeida, Trancoso, Lamego, Amarante, Guimaraes, Braga). I loved it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For solitary walking have you considered the Camino Torres? Pilgrim numbers are pretty low – probably around 20 per year so you are very likely to have the camino to yourself, as I did. Great walking, sometimes in quite remote areas, and some interesting and historic towns (Almeida, Trancoso, Lamego, Amarante, Guimaraes, Braga). I loved it.
20 per year sounds ideal!...I hadn't heard of this one but just looked it up and noticed it joins the Portuguese but the earlier part from Salamanca looks great. Already made arrangements for this year but will certainly bear it in mind...thanks again

For solitary walking the Mozarabe is just as fine. I walked it for 12 days in March up to Baena and never met anybody on the road (There was this elderly Dutch couple I would bump into in the albergues later on the trek three or four times, though)

For solitary walking the Mozarabe is just as fine. I walked it for 12 days in March up to Baena and never met anybody on the road (There was this elderly Dutch couple I would bump into in the albergues later on the trek three or four times, though)
Thanks for that...not looking forward to the last stretch into moclin...first time i did it it was not well marked and pouring with rain

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
………….just looked it up and noticed it joins the Portuguese but the earlier part from Salamanca looks great.

I, too, thought it might be a bit crowded after the junction at Ponte de Lima, so I caught a bus to Porto and followed the Senda Litoral and Camino Espiritual from there. I enjoyed both. Numbers on these caminos were rather like my experience on the VDLP a few years ago – very few pilgrims on the trail, but occasionally up to about 30 in albergues.

I, too, thought it might be a bit crowded after the junction at Ponte de Lima, so I caught a bus to Porto and followed the Senda Litoral and Camino Espiritual from there. I enjoyed both. Numbers on these caminos were rather like my experience on the VDLP a few years ago – very few pilgrims on the trail, but occasionally up to about 30 in albergues.
you seem like a kindred spirit wanting to avoid the crowds. Last time I did the Portuguese I noticed an appreciable increase of pilgrims from Porto and much more from Tui. Thanks for the input

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A bit/lot apprehensive about my up coming composite camino due to this damn plantas fasciitis....I've tried it all over the last 18months..anti inflammatories, exercises, injections,physio,orthotics and finally an operation to cut the fascia. It's ok but a few kms then makes itself known. I'm off to UK then Italy with my friend then I fly to Granada early july. The first day is 19kms and the second 16kms so I should know by the second day. Looking back when I first did this I walked both sections in a day!
My point in writing this is to stress that you never know what's around the corner..if you are able don't procrastinate to do your camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back