• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Granada

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
My darling and I will be starting again on the Camino Mozárabe from Almería in April this year. We had to cut short our pilgrimage last year because of a death in the family.

We have planned two nights in Granada, mainly because my darling deserves rest days from carrying a backpack, also because we love this city.

We would love to hear about hidden gems to be discovered in Granada.

These are the places we have already enjoyed in Granada: la Alhambra and el Generalife (we spent a whole day there), la Catedral, la Capilla Real, el Barrio del Albaicín (we stayed there twice), el Sacromonte, the Mirador de San Nicolás, the Palace of la Madraza, el Corral del Carbón, the Dar-al-Horra Palace, el Bañuelo, the area around La Puerta de Elvira, the Carmen de los Mártires, La Alcaicería, la Casa de Horno del Oro, along the Darro, the Paseo de los Tristes.

We look forward to hearing your suggestions!

¡Gracias!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Wow, Andrew - you and Rachel have already enjoyed some wonderful sights in Granada and surrounds. I can't think of any others - I'm sure someone will come along with more gems. How wonderful that you can return to the Mozarabe - and to have so many delights in store - including both Cordoba and Merida, two of my favourite Spanish towns - though I have many favourites!

Buen camino! I have nothing to add about Granada unfortunately, and we have changed plans from the Mozárabe after all, so we won’t have another chance to visit Granada this year. But at least Melbourne is still on!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We went to the Palacios de los Olvidados - which had a gruesome exhibition about the Inquisition. When we went it also had an exhibition about the history of Jewish people in Granada and the expulsion. This was what we went for and it was fascinating. It helps if you have a bit of Spanish.

One place we enjoyed was the house of Manuel de Falla. He was a Spanish composer. His house is set up exactly as he lived in it. We had a very interesting visit.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back