• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great Albergue in Navarette

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I'm staying in a sweet little new Albergue in Navarette today. The owner is sad today because the mayor has told him he must take down his signs, even though two other albergues are advertising. Some sort if local politics. Maybe the other Albergue (Cantaro) is a relative or something. But it stinks because this really is a nice homey little place.

Dorms beds are 8 euros (10 in May) and 25 for a double private.

Please stop in here if you are on the Camino and pass the word.
As you come into the village, take the first SHaRP right and you will see the La Casa del Peregrinos. Hot showers, clean beds, nice kitchen, free wi-fi, computer for 1 euro no time limit. Just a very nice place!

Tell Angel Annie sent you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, I must say the Cantaro is OK too, esp the "overflow" part down the road: 5 single beds in one room, a good kitchen and the most swish bathroom ever seen on the camino! For 10 euros.

Yes, but I started this thread to encourage a little competition for what seems to be some crappy local politics. Cantaro advertises their single habitacciones for 15 uros, but when I called to reserve they had upped the price by 10 euros to 25. Some competition might be good. :twisted:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Anniesantiago said:
Yes, but I started this thread to encourage a little competition for what seems to be some crappy local politics. Cantaro advertises their single habitacciones for 15 uros, but when I called to reserve they had upped the price by 10 euros to 25. Some competition might be good. :twisted:
Agreed - nothing wrong with a bit of competition.
However, without deeper knowledge, you may be somewhat judgmental about the apparent reasons given for the prohibition on displaying albergue signs...... :mrgreen:

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Mmmh - interesting prices.
Casa del Peregrino charged 10€ from me on May 4th ... And it was not full, thus no apparent reason for higher price.

I liked it, but it was on the expensive side and no extras included. No or little recreational area for instance.

Mmmh - interesting prices.
Casa del Peregrino charged 10€ from me on May 4th ... And it was not full, thus no apparent reason for higher price.

I liked it, but it was on the expensive side and no extras included. No or little recreational area for instance.

Like I stated in my original post, it has always been 10 Euros in May.
Many albergues up their price starting in May.

I'm not sure what type of recreational area you are looking for?
At 10 Euros I would not call it (a private albergue) expensive at all.
It remains one of my favorites and the village is lovely.

But to each his/her own :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back