• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great Bustards on CdM

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For those on the Camino de Madrid I saw Great Bustards near, and between, Santervás de Campos and Grajal de Campos April 15 & 16. Magnificent birds.
I am green with envy! Hope the rest of your journey has surprises like that. Ultreia!

Amazing luck for you! My wife and I were just in Portugal's Alentejo region last week and failed to see any. They tend to hide in the wheat fields and are hard to detect.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Fabulous!
Listening to the call of the great bustard should be prescribed for good health 😂

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Any chance of seeing Bustards along the Camino Frances ?
Yes. I was told by folks at the Sahagún tourism office they can be found between Sahagún and Bericanos del Real Camino with a high likelihood of active leks. The distance between the two towns is 10km. So, tomorrow I’ll have a short day of walking but a long day of birding🤗

For those on the Camino de Madrid I saw Great Bustards near, and between, Santervás de Campos and Grajal de Campos April 15 & 16. Magnificent birds.
Wow. How wonderful! One more tick in the plus column for the Madrid.
(And on the Frances too??)
😮

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.