• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great Joy and Thanks

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
It is with a great joy that after weeks of suspense that I find my mother recovered enough from her ailments for me to be able to leave and her in just the capable hands of others. Yippee!!!!! Prayers have been answered!!! Thanks to all who helped me with them. My eternal gratitude to you. So now it's off to give thanks and seek a blessing at the church before travelling to Liverpool for a flight to Madrid. Hopefully I will meet our Mikel Olivares from Cizur Mayor near Pamploma at Madrid airport as he is flying in from Sicily. So we can chill out before catching the 1:15 bus to Pamplona and walk out together. I'm a very happy bunny right now. :):):):):):):):):)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That is fantastic Al, Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is with a great joy that after weeks of suspense that I find my mother recovered enough from her ailments for me to be able to leave and her in just the capable hands of others. Yippee!!!!! Prayers have been answered!!! Thanks to all who helped me with them. My eternal gratitude to you. So now it's off to give thanks and seek a blessing at the church before travelling to Liverpool for a flight to Madrid. Hopefully I will meet our Mikel Olivares from Cizur Mayor near Pamploma at Madrid airport as he is flying in from Sicily. So we can chill out before catching the 1:15 bus to Pamplona and walk out together. I'm a very happy bunny right now. :):):):):):):):):)
Wonderful news, wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Al,have a great walk. I'll say one for your mom
Joe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So happy for you Happy Bunny!!! Will pray for your mum daily and you too that your camino is everything you hope it will be.
Buen camino Al
Sarah :D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Al.......this news is wonderful excellent, superb, fantastic, terrific, grand...and obviously a GREAT joy.
We all know how much you have gone through, and how much you long to walk. And it's really touching to see the collective sigh of relief. ('Like' every single one of these posts!)
Heartfelt good wishes and Buen Camino!!!

How wonderful! May you enjoy good weather, rude health and have a great time. Yes I will add my prayers that your mother will continue to be well.

Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Blessings to your mother and Buen Camino to you....I made it to Leon, no problems thanks to all the tips on this Forum, back in September to finish to Finisterre.........cant wait, but I can tell you now....the pack will be trimmed.......

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Al, I'm so happy for you AND your mother. Hope to see you on the Camino.

Buen Camino.

Great news! Savour every step of your Camino now that you've the opportunity to do it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have a wonderful walk!! I knew you were getting ready to go, and am so happy that all worked out well with your mom. Buen Camino to you!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello everyone.
Al, it was a pleasure to meet you and walk with you part of the Camino.
Eres un gran tipo. Estoy encantado de haber compartido este día contigo.
Buen Camino.

Go well Al....Buen Camino and safe travels.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
May each step be as if you have feathers on your ankles......Buen Camino.

Great news. Now waiting for the stories from your pilgrimage.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.