Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

Great lightweight slide sandals for albergues at Dollar Tree

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I found some great, super lightweight slides perfect for albergues at the Dollar Tree Store today!
The pair that I bought in women's size large (40-41) only weighs 4.7 ounces/131 grams! As a comparison, I have some knockoff Birkenstock EVA sandals which weigh 7.5 ounces/212 grams for the pair.
I actually like these Dollar Tree slides better. They are more cushiony, and they don't make an embarrassing sound when I walk in them.
😉

I bought myself a couple of pairs.

I didn't see any specifically for men, but they did have a size XL (42-43) that should fit many men.

20210604_130520.jpg 20210604_130603.jpg

Last edited:
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I found some great, super lightweight slides perfect for albergues at the Dollar Tree Store today!
The pair that I bought in women's size large (40-41) only weighs 4.7 ounces/131 grams! As a comparison, I have some knockoff Birkenstock EVA sandals which weigh 7.5 ounces/212 grams for the pair.
I actually like these Dollar Tree slides better. They are more cushiony, and they don't make an embarrassing sound when I walk in them.
😉

I didn't see any specifically for men, but they did have a size XL (42-43) that should fit many men.

View attachment 101760 View attachment 101761
They look great for the low weight. I have looked at Dollar General sandals often over the last few years, but the cheapie slides have always been very heavy plastic. I will check out Dollar Tree.🙂

Last edited:

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Have you tried they wet on a slippery surface? If so how did they hold up. Stability (slip/slide) is a huge concern for me.

thanks
Not yet, I just bought them, but they do have a textured sole, and the material that they are made out of isn't slick and smooth.
20210604_175605.jpg

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
I should also mention that not all Dollar Tree stores have them. After I bought mine I went to another Dollar Tree that was on my way home, and they didn't have them in stock. Fortunately, (I guess 😄) there's no shortage of Dollar Tree stores.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I should also mention that not all Dollar Tree stores have them. After I bought mine I went to another Dollar Tree that was on my way home, and they didn't have them in stock. Fortunately, (I guess 😄) there's no shortage of Dollar Tree stores.
🤞

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
Different product, but I discovered the discount Korean store that has come to Canada: MINISO, and they had the most mAH and more ports in their selection of backup battery packs for mobile devices: https://shop.miniso.ca/products/min...-portable-charger?_pos=3&_sid=448acfad3&_ss=r

I was able to pick up a double USB port 20000 mAH power bank on sale for about $20 before my 2019 camino. With a watch, a phone and an iPad to charge, it was indispensable, allowing me to use only one outlet port in an Albergue and charge 2 devices from the bank while it was charging.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Also, I have seen these shampoo bars in Dollar Tree. Again, it's hit or miss which stores have them. I have used this brand and liked it.

42d236c5-b40a-4a8c-89e6-452c46d098a0_1.8e15e3eafe2ed537b3c62db084643cf0.jpeg

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Past OR future Camino
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
😉

I picked up a pair similar and almost air like weight wise and use them for shower, nighttime bathroom trips and to rest and air my feet end of day. But I do use a also very lightweight Sketchers sandals with nice cushy soles for walking (weather and path condition dependent) in the afternoon.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
😉

I could probably get a few toes in that shoe at 43!!! Que lastima

Henriettagal

Henriettagal
Past OR future Camino
April 18, 2017
😉

When I walked the Camino in 2017 I took a pair of flip flops that i bought at Old Navy $1.50. Light weight. Useful for "evening wear" as well as in the albergue. HIGHLY recommend them.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads