• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great weather so far on the Norte

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great, I see the same weather conditions as in April 2014. The magnificent views along the entire north west coast never bore. Now after 8 years still regularly nostalgic for this beautiful route

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Our second day on the Norte.
Started out of San Sebastián at 7:15. Cool but no wind and the sun finally appeared around noon.
About a dozen pilgrims along the way.
Made a stop at Orio for tortilla and coffee and into Zarautz at 1:30.View attachment 124617
Right behind you by a day and an hour and a quarter

I had hard times until Gernika. It’s rain and muddy downhills, so I slipped three times.
From Bilbao, weather has been good; sometimes had cloudy, but mostly sunny. I am headed to Villaviciosa today. It’s little cloudy, and weather report showed will be 70% rain around 11:00. Will see how it will be.
The municipal alb at La Isla is wonderful. They located next to the beach, receptionists are excellent. They open at 3:00 pm, and their 22 beds are filled out around 4:00pm yesterday. So, several people had returned to other areas. Need to make reservations ahead of time.
As I mentioned previously, most of albergues are nice and clean. They all privide blankets.
One thing I want to report that alb. at Pineres de Pria does not provide meals as shown on app. There’s no bar, no market available close to the alb. You need to go about 2 kms to Nueva. If you plan to stay that alb. stop by market at Nueva and bring some stuff for meals and snacks for the day. One good thing is they do free of charge laundry for us.

I had hard times until Gernika. It’s rain and muddy downhills, so I slipped three times.
From Bilbao, weather has been good; sometimes had cloudy, but mostly sunny. I am headed to Villaviciosa today. It’s little cloudy, and weather report showed will be 70% rain around 11:00. Will see how it will be.
The municipal alb at La Isla is wonderful. They located next to the beach, receptionists are excellent. They open at 3:00 pm, and their 22 beds are filled out around 4:00pm yesterday. So, several people had returned to other areas. Need to make reservations ahead of time.
As I mentioned previously, most of albergues are nice and clean. They all privide blankets.
One thing I want to report that alb. at Pineres de Pria does not provide meals as shown on app. There’s no bar, no market available close to the alb. You need to go about 2 kms to Nueva. If you plan to stay that alb. stop by market at Nueva and bring some stuff for meals and snacks for the day. One good thing is they do free of charge laundry for us.
Thanks for your info @Little Flower . Curious, which albergue in Piñares de Pría are you talking about? Albergue Casa Rectoral or Albergue Lallosa de Cosme?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed at Alb. LdC.
Similar situation at alb Casa Rectoral. It’s about 1kms ahead of LdC. They do not provide free charge of laundry, but they have a great view on the top. I visited up there, and I felt like to have a good retreat with in a nature. Anyone plans to stay at the area, I’d like to recommend Casa Rectoral.
I went down to stayed at LdC due to having delivery of my backpack.
My friends stayed at Casa Rectoral, and they liked it. They said, have more space in the bedroom.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.