• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great Youtube Guy - Efren Gonzalez

stevepjq

Time of past OR future Camino
CF - 2013, 2017, 2022. Next is Sept 2024
I have been watching several of Efren's Youtube videos. They detail his stages on several Caminos. He also has great detailed summaries describing topography, timings, rest stops and ATMs. The guy is great. I attach one that I just watched as an example.

I think you will like this guy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I find him very generous, and his camera work can't be beat. His videos sometimes show a traveller as imperfect and human as the rest of us, but I and my husband both find his work mostly very calming and joyful. I just finished watching his entire series on the Podiensis/Le Puy route.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll second that. I've been a paying member of his channel for a while. His drone footage and irrepressibly upbeat persona, together with his gift of being able to capture the essence of the Camino on camera, makes his Youtube channel my "downtime" in the evenings after work. He has kept the Camino flame burning bright for me throughout the pandemic. I'm busy watching his Camino del Norte playlist. I would absolutely recommend becoming a member of his channel to support his content and travels. He's either in, or about to depart for Nepal where he's doing the Everest Base Camp and Annapurna base camp treks.

I find him very generous, and his camera work can't be beat. His videos sometimes show a traveller as imperfect and human as the rest of us, but I and my husband both find his work mostly very calming and joyful. I just finished watching his entire series on the Podiensis/Le Puy route.

I absolutely loved and enjoyed watching this series - I've got to SJPP and have had the YT notifications for his new videos up to Pamplona. His drone footage of Conques at dusk were absolutely magical.

I absolutely loved and enjoyed watching this series - I've got to SJPP and have had the YT notifications for his new videos up to Pamplona. His drone footage of Conques at dusk were absolutely magical.
It's true. And he has a soft-spot for the animals... cats, dogs... and an eye for the beauty of the world as it is. A simple tractor tilling a field in the early morning...
I watched all of his videos from the AT... and I just felt so *bad* for him...
I'm very curious about his coming trek to Anapurna basecamp. Or is it Everest basecamp? I forget...
I have no desire to make that walk... but on my first camino I made a very good friend who had trekked to Anapurna and then travelled from there and completed 2 weeks of volunteer work in Kathmandu. Just curious to see what Efrén will see...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It's true. And he has a soft-spot for the animals... cats, dogs... and an eye for the beauty of the world as it is. A simple tractor tilling a field in the early morning...
I watched all of his videos from the AT... and I just felt so *bad* for him...
I'm very curious about his coming trek to Anapurna basecamp. Or is it Everest basecamp? I forget...
I have no desire to make that walk... but on my first camino I made a very good friend who had trekked to Anapurna and then travelled from there and completed 2 weeks of volunteer work in Kathmandu. Just curious to see what Efrén will see...
I think he's doing both Everest and Annapurna. I've watched a few Everest BC videos on YT and the landscape is spectacular, as you can imagine. There are some seriously high suspension footbridges to cross which counts me out of that hike as I can't do heights. The yaks walk across those footbridges merrily enough....

I felt sorry for Efren on the AT as well - you could tell he was missing the Camino.

Yes love this guy. Support him as a channel member and as a trail angel. He brings me such joy. My sanity during the pandemic for sure. I have done two Camino’s and planning my third for this June. I’m using his Norte series to help me plan my itinerary for that Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes love this guy. Support him as a channel member and as a trail angel. He brings me such joy. My sanity during the pandemic for sure. I have done two Camino’s and planning my third for this June. I’m using his Norte series to help me plan my itinerary for that Camino.
I am also using his Norte series as a "rough guide" -- not least of all because he also travelled during the Holy Week.
That series has convinced me to take a poncho on this trip... a big one from Decathlon that covers my pack. I expect it could be similarly rainy as my CP in 2019, November.

I watched Efrén’s videos and a few others when my April 2020 post-retirement Camino had to be canceled due to COVID. It was the next best thing to being there myself. I was finally able to go this past September, and Efrén arrived in SJPP on the Podiensis a week after after I departed on the CF. His videography and editing skills are next level, and you can tell he has professional experience. I can’t believe he only has 13.8k YT subscribers! If you speak Spanish, check out the Univision piece about him that he posted earlier this week. The lady who interviewed him walked the last 100k or so of the CF with him last summer.

I used to really look forward to his daily one minute videos, they were clear, informative and concise. Now that he has presumably become a professional YouTube I've stopped watching as they're just too long. And I miss his videos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Efren is among the best at sharing his adventures and including the very best video. Also check out his google earth gps tracks that are awesome (linked in all his videos for free.)

I think he's doing both Everest and Annapurna. I've watched a few Everest BC videos on YT and the landscape is spectacular, as you can imagine. There are some seriously high suspension footbridges to cross which counts me out of that hike as I can't do heights. The yaks walk across those footbridges merrily enough....

I felt sorry for Efren on the AT as well - you could tell he was missing the Camino.
Am 18 stages into the Camino Norte with Efren and he definitely has a soft spot for snails!! No one better at this and will be often thinking of how inadequate my pictures and videos will be in 3 weeks when we start our 3rd Camino Portuguese!

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back