• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from Los Arcos!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Tonight, the birds are singing beautifully in the town square. I church service is at 8 PM, and I am comfortably resting in the Alberge Austria, having just returned from a lovely trip for dinner at a small café right on the town square. The sun is shining, and many people of different nationalities were enjoying drinks in the beautiful sunshine. There are many Americans and Australians, also many Koreans.

Today's walk was hard for me, but the beauty of it kept my pain at bay! The 21 kilometers in the gorgeous October sun delivered stunning views. Had a taste at the wine fountain and shared conversation with good friends!

I'm supposed to elevate the feet and drink water tonight, as my feet are swelling and I hiked the 2nd half in Crocs!

Off tempranillo for the night (sniff). Alberta girl is just up the road!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Tonight, the birds are singing beautifully in the town square. I church service is at 8 PM, and I am comfortably resting in the Alberge Austria, having just returned from a lovely trip for dinner at a small café right on the town square. The sun is shining, and many people of different nationalities were enjoying drinks in the beautiful sunshine. There are many Americans and Australians, also many Koreans.

Today's walk was hard for me, but the beauty of it kept my pain at bay! The 21 kilometers in the gorgeous October sun delivered stunning views. Had a taste at the wine fountain and shared conversation with good friends!

I'm supposed to elevate the feet and drink water tonight, as my feet are swelling and I hiked the 2nd half in Crocs!

Hi, Deb,
No tempranillo in Los Arcos? Is that allowed? So happy to read your account, the joy is singing through every word! Buen camino, Laurie

Envious,wish I was there.Buen Camino

I actually had a really strange experience tonight. A couple of days ago, I was leaving Lorca and had stopped into a bar for a coffee and something to snack on. The owner there had several various pastries and cookies of Richie was quite proud, and told me that he baked them himself but at a different place. I tried a cookie that had four Walnut bits on top, rather neatly arranged if I do say so myself. So tonight, on The advice of the pharmacist, I decided to stop in at a little store and buy a couple liters of water to sit tonight in lieu of my typical wine. The store was also A panederia and they're right in front of me was the same walnut cookie!

My mouth dropped in amazement and I looked back toward the baking area and there he was! My same friend the Baker with whom I had a long conversation just a few days previous. It was really weird.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino. The walk from Monjardin into Los Arcos was one of the most beautiful experiences I had on the Camino.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am really enjoying it. Unfortunately, leaving to see Ma in a couple of days and I'll be off line for a while. I'll miss your updates, but look forward to returning to catch up.

I actually had a really strange experience tonight. A couple of days ago, I was leaving Lorca and had stopped into a bar for a coffee and something to snack on. The owner there had several various pastries and cookies of Richie was quite proud, and told me that he baked them himself but at a different place. I tried a cookie that had four Walnut bits on top, rather neatly arranged if I do say so myself. So tonight, on The advice of the pharmacist, I decided to stop in at a little store and buy a couple liters of water to sit tonight in lieu of my typical wine. The store was also A panederia and they're right in front of me was the same walnut cookie!

My mouth dropped in amazement and I looked back toward the baking area and there he was! My same friend the Baker with whom I had a long conversation just a few days previous. It was really weird.
I think it would be good to live in Spain on the Camino for at least 3 months my preference a small community. As the walk is for us independent of the communities we pass thru. I would like to just observe & see the effects If any the pilgrims bring

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
o_Oo_OHappy rest, happy hydrating, and happy walk tomorrow!
Love these little towns and all the wonderful people who make bread and walnut cookies and cafe con leches! Not to mention the people who tend the tiendas and run the bars and albergues and and and............
Oh, that bakery was the best (I remember those cookies...)! And it is funny when people can jump into their cars and zip off to where we walked from in a matter of minutes. Huh?!?
In Castrojerez a Korean peregrina discovered she had left her passport at the previous albergue in Hornillos. Tears, panic, what to do?!? After confirming that it was indeed there, the very kind angel of a hospitalero jumped in his car and was back in less than 30 minutes, passport in hand. We had obviously forgotten about cars.
(Edited for spelling...not pearegrina'!:oops::))

Last edited:

I am so so happy for you. It sounds wonderful and los Argos is a lovely place. Please please forgive me for saying this -- shameful--- but I am green with envy as I wish I was there listening to the birds.albergue Austria is a wonderful place to stay too. So beam me over Scotty!!

Have a good rest in lovely Los Arcos! I remember that panaderia, and the beautiful church. Hope the feet feel a bit easier tomorrow. Viana is a nice overnight stop if you don't want to do the long stage to Logrono all in one. Hope the cold is better now too.

Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have to take a water pill daily. I would tell people that I took it to drain my ankles at night. I don't think walking in the crocs will make a difference. Rest, elevate, and stay off the feet for a day or two if you can. Keep them elevated every night. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Buen Camino, Debrita! I am glad you are there walking. Take good care and enjoy! enjoy! enjoy! I, too, am envious after walking my first camino earlier this year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Debrita I stayed in the Albergue Austria and really enjoyed my nigh in Los Arcos. They even provided "off street parking" for my cycle. Buen Camio for your walk to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back