• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino greetings from Pamplona

rioja routard

Hola

Ive been resting in Pamplona for a day with my German friend Ilka.
I struggled from SJPP to Roncesvalles, recommend taking supplies to keep energy levels up as the last leg I nearly ran out of water and had eat all food. Take a can of red bull and have some fruit handy. I was totally exhausted, I lay down in the snow surrounded by forests and mountains and wondered how I could continue. Then I watched a tiny field mouse hopping around me, it seemed almost tame and just looked at me and I at it. I thought if this creature can survive so will I. I carried on and got to the summit and then down to Roncesvalles.

Next day I managed to get all the way to Pamplona. I set off in a snow blizzard and the afternoon was quite spring like. The Camino, though was a qaugmire of rivers and mud, incredible to behold and almost unpassable. Quite a challenge. Had a relaxing day today and went for a lovely lunch at a village called Ujué.

Setting off towards Puente de la Reina tomorrow and just taking it easy. I end at Logroño which is where I started from last October. It must be said it is a lot more pleasent walking in the cool than the heat.

Buen Camino to all

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow! Did you cram it in or what! Loved your field mouse story - he/she may have saved your life you know .....
thanks for the sharing - really enjoyed it, safe route and happy return

Bless.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The field mouse may well have saved your life as Br.David stated.
Maybe himself/herself and all their ancestors had seen many a pilgrim pass by, many in a similar condition to yourself.

I wonder what a little mouse would think of such a sight. Maybe they are there to will you on, as that little mouse did to you rioja routard.

Stay safe and buen voyage spirituel

I am in Lorca

Hola

I went to set off from Pamplona on Monday and could not set out due to endless heavy rain. I ended up staying another night at my friends. I even got soaked just walking around Pamplona.

Left yesterday and got to puente la reina, and it seems much of the Camino had been closed by the police with alternative diversions. The mud and slurry is just horrendous. Just when it seems it can not get worse it does! Never mind, it is part of the fun, I guess?

Leaving Puente today was the worst, just unbelievable. Holding onto fences, having a stick helps. It took me over an hour and a half to get to Maneru which is only 5km!

Cirauqui looks a really nice village to stop and indeed this place at Lorca is nice, free internet and a bocadilla and a cerveza 3 euros.

Ok I am off, where I don´t know, just follow those yellow arrows and stop when my feet and soul call it a day!

buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi James. Pretty horrid - but think how you can lord it over people who had easy weather in future years!!
I'm parked 10 km west of Carrion, along the Roman road - the Via Trajana. See you there in a little while. Do stop and say hello. Wind was so suddenly fierce there this avo that it destroyed my canopy and I had to go and buy another - the frame completely spaghettied before I could get it down ... what can you do..

Have met some wonderful people out there - is life not good?

Enjoy! - Vaya Con Dias.

Kind - many thanks. Though - I felt sorry for the pilgrims walking against that wind. Met a Polish guy carrying over 20 kilos - he was tired!. It is good out here ... some people really have some snow stories too! Lots of Spanish out there, it being Easter week.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Viana

Hola

Very tired but got here from Vilamayor, around 30km. Weather better but it was snowing last night.

When I got to Los Arcos I read with sadness in a newspaper in a bar about the British Pilgrim. I just about worked out the jist of it. It brought home to me how it is a serious walk in that area especially in poor weather conditions

I loved the church at Los Arcos and noticed all the procession floats being prepared in the cloisters.

Seems a really good atmostphere here with Good Friday tomorrow.

Actually feels spring like with lots of frogs croaking and wild birds singing.

Thats it, back home tomorrow once I get to Logrono.

It has been really hard with the bad weather and the way just a slippery river of slurry at times.

Good luck to everyone I met, especially the English couple with their Tibetan Terrier, Toby!

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back