• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from Roncesvalles

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
View attachment 33590
Just checking in from the 3rd day out of SJPdP. All of the planning , training, and anticipation is already worth it. Highly recommend Orisson as a way to kickoff your Frances.
Beun Camino
-jgp
Hello , wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

View attachment 33590
Just checking in from the 3rd day out of SJPdP. All of the planning , training, and anticipation is already worth it. Highly recommend Orisson as a way to kickoff your Frances.
Beun Camino
-jgp
Great to hear as I am booked at Orisson for the 23 September. Any problems with a bed in Roncevalles?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great to hear as I am booked at Orisson for the 23 September. Any problems with a bed in Roncevalles?
If you are worried about whether you'll get a bed in Roncesvalles or not you can always book in advance on their website.

If you are worried about whether you'll get a bed in Roncesvalles or not you can always book in advance on their website.

Easier said than done. I've been trying for over a week. Can't get trough on the website nor a personal email with them. I told them I was having difficulty on the website and would they please help me. The answered in Spanish (which I translated with Google translate) that they don't have a reservation for me and won't until I pay. I tell them I can't find an option for paying... once again "please help". Soooo, I've decided this is the Camino giving me an early lesson in "go with the flow", which I am happy to do. I only wanted to make the reservation there because this being my first Camino, I wasn't sure how I would feel after crossing the Pyrenees. Not going to worry about it anymore. If I get a room at the albergue, so be it. If not, I will either walk on or pay the higher price for a different place. My Camino is not about stressing... it's about de-stressing. Crowded or not, touristy or not, I don't care. God - and the Camino - will provide. :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
View attachment 33590
Beun Camino
-jgp
Hi! I am leaving in 5 days, 4 hours from Canada to start the CF from SJPDP.
Very excited!!
My daughter and I are staying in Orrison for the first night. After reading your note I am so happy to have booked!
I am a wee bit concerned about getting beds along the way after reading the numbers out of SJPDP. Oh well.... I will pray the Camino provides!! like the saying goes...." Life is like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you will get!"
I hope you are enjoying life's chocolates!
Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Easier said than done. I've been trying for over a week. Can't get trough on the website nor a personal email with them. I told them I was having difficulty on the website and would they please help me. The answered in Spanish (which I translated with Google translate) that they don't have a reservation for me and won't until I pay. I tell them I can't find an option for paying... once again "please help". Soooo, I've decided this is the Camino giving me an early lesson in "go with the flow", which I am happy to do. I only wanted to make the reservation there because this being my first Camino, I wasn't sure how I would feel after crossing the Pyrenees. Not going to worry about it anymore. If I get a room at the albergue, so be it. If not, I will either walk on or pay the higher price for a different place. My Camino is not about stressing... it's about de-stressing. Crowded or not, touristy or not, I don't care. God - and the Camino - will provide. :)
That seems odd...took me about 5 minutes to book through the website

I had trouble booking at Roncesvalles, too. After entering the credit card data and security code, the bank always gave the message that everything was fine, but Roncesvalles said that the transaction could not be finished. After several tries we suspected, the bank was trying to pay 22 Mexican Pesos (I live in Mexico) instead of the 22 Euros due for dinner+bed, and that obviously wasn't enough for the albergue. A few minutes ago I booked successfully with the help of my son in Germany, who has a bank account in Euros. No problem at all, instant confirmation. So I guess it must have been a currency problem. First time this happened to me. I have made lots of reservations in Euros or US-Dollars before. I have no way of knowing, however, whose fault it was (Roncesvalles' or my bank's). Good luck to you!

Can you use PayPal to pay? I know that I had trouble making payment with my credit card on the Renfe site (despite the fact that I had registered and used the same card the year before). But it was quick and easy to use PayPal.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino JGPryde!

Hi! I am leaving in 5 days, 4 hours from Canada to start the CF from SJPDP.
Very excited!!
My daughter and I are staying in Orrison for the first night. After reading your note I am so happy to have booked!
I am a wee bit concerned about getting beds along the way after reading the numbers out of SJPDP. Oh well.... I will pray the Camino provides!! like the saying goes...." Life is like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you will get!"
I hope you are enjoying life's chocolates!
Buen Camino!
My daughter and i start june 29 , and have considered breaking day one and stipping at orisson. Will look forward to posts about your decision. I too am worried about finding beds. But i feel booking too much ahead will spoil somewhat the true trip. .

Buen camino!

My daughter and i start june 29 , and have considered breaking day one and stipping at orisson. Will look forward to posts about your decision. I too am worried about finding beds. But i feel booking too much ahead will spoil somewhat the true trip. .

Buen camino!

If you wish to stay at orrison you must book and it gets booked up quickly in advance ..... there is always chance of cancellation but I wouldn't count on it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I also tried booking at various times over the past few months and had no luck. My daughter and I will be needing beds there for this coming week and last tried their website a few days ago. Each time I tried paying I got a message sent back saying that the card was declined. I called my bank and they said the error is not on this end but on the Alberge. I also didn't receive any assistance after contacting them via email. We've come to terms with the fact that we may just have to keep walking until we find a bed.

I also tried booking at various times over the past few months and had no luck. My daughter and I will be needing beds there for this coming week and last tried their website a few days ago. Each time I tried paying I got a message sent back saying that the card was declined. I called my bank and they said the error is not on this end but on the Alberge. I also didn't receive any assistance after contacting them via email. We've come to terms with the fact that we may just have to keep walking until we find a bed.

Hopefully you will find beds. Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I had trouble booking at Roncesvalles, too. After entering the credit card data and security code, the bank always gave the message that everything was fine, but Roncesvalles said that the transaction could not be finished. After several tries we suspected, the bank was trying to pay 22 Mexican Pesos (I live in Mexico) instead of the 22 Euros due for dinner+bed, and that obviously wasn't enough for the albergue. A few minutes ago I booked successfully with the help of my son in Germany, who has a bank account in Euros. No problem at all, instant confirmation. So I guess it must have been a currency problem. First time this happened to me. I have made lots of reservations in Euros or US-Dollars before. I have no way of knowing, however, whose fault it was (Roncesvalles' or my bank's). Good luck to you!

Happy for you. I couldn't even get a chance to pay. I filled out a request form, hit the submit button, and I get nothing in return. I just must be doing something wrong... that's why I asked them for help via email. I still haven't heard back from them (the second time). But, I have given up worrying. I will be walking from Orisson, having successfully booked and paid for my night there. I'll just see what happens once I get to Roncesvalles.

Buen Camino

Happy for you. I couldn't even get a chance to pay. I filled out a request form, hit the submit button, and I get nothing in return. I just must be doing something wrong... that's why I asked them for help via email. I still haven't heard back from them (the second time). But, I have given up worrying. I will be walking from Orisson, having successfully booked and paid for my night there. I'll just see what happens once I get to Roncesvalles.

Buen Camino
In which case you'll have an 8 click start on all the poor schlubs starting from St Jean, so hopefully there should be space for you at Roncesvalles.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't worry, start early. We left Orrison May 8 at 7:30 after breakfast and arrived Roncesvalles at 12:15 and were almost first in line at 2:00 pm when they open. The main crowd seems to pour in from St. Jean later in the pm. Now, Ziberi is quite busy so get there early or book ahead.

Don't worry, start early. We left Orrison May 8 at 7:30 after breakfast and arrived Roncesvalles at 12:15 and were almost first in line at 2:00 pm when they open. The main crowd seems to pour in from St. Jean later in the pm. Now, Ziberi is quite busy so get there early or book ahead.
Although its months away, I decided to book since this was one day I really didnt want to be hunting for a bed. Now I'm taking great delight in reminding myself I have a date in Roncesvalles on 24th September for dinner at 7pm! A boost on a hard day at work.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
it took me just a few minutes as well.

they have different accommodations that do require reservations
Differnet accomodations in ronceilles? From web site i assumes it. Is one big blding with differnt floors? I did get a booking for june, can you exolain furhter which accomodations i might have booked?

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back