• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Grenwich meridian

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Google Maps provides the latitude/longitude of any point you pick - just drop a flag and then scroll down on the information listed for that spot.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can see a sign indicating the meridian in a field towards the latter part of the Le Puy route. I believe it is near the town of Nogaro. I have a photo, but I am getting a message that the file is too large to send. That always seems to happen to me.
Re/Down-size the photo, mark it differently as the original (so you'll know which is which) and attach it to the post.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You can see a sign indicating the meridian in a field towards the latter part of the Le Puy route. I believe it is near the town of Nogaro. I have a photo, but I am getting a message that the file is too large to send. That always seems to happen to me.

It's between Manciet and Nogaro:
Chemin  June 2015 099.JPG

You could view it and then take a screenshot and then send the screenshot. The screenshot will likely be a much smaller file (in bytes) but will be large enough (in pixels) to display fine.

It is interesting to note that:

1. Portugal remains in the same time zone as London (GMT).
2. Geographically and logically, Spain ought to be in that time zone, and it was...
3. In 1940 (IIRC) Gen. Franco (then the dictatorial ruler of Spain) decided to align his country's time zone with that of his friends and partial allies (Germany & Italy). So, he unilaterally moved Spain from the GMT time zone (London and Lisbon) to the CET time zone (GMT + 1) (Paris, Berlin, and Rome).

Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Spain

This is also why, when you walk the Camino Portugues from Valenca to Tui and cross the Eiffel-designed girder bridge, you must change your watch one-hour ahead (losing one hour).

I love to learn new facts.

Hope this helps.

This almost aggressively bland sculpture marks the Greenwich meridian at a place called El Verger, a day or so from Xàbia on the Camino del Alba. IMG_20180411_110826.jpg

Attachments

• _20181127_164740.JPG
    _20181127_164740.JPG
    506.9 KB · Views: 1
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you ever come to London do try and visit Greenwich which, apart from a fantastic maritime museum, delightful park and wondrous international food market has this as a tourist land mark:

1543333451797.png

It's a green ;) laser beam that points north - best seen on a cloudy night - visible for about 30 miles

1543333732638.png

At one time it shone directly over the top of the Meridian Clock on the forecourt of Stratford station

1543334027955.png

but had to be taken down to build the entrance to a shopping mall :mad:

IMG_0075.JPG

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So, he unilaterally moved Spain from the GMT time zone (London and Lisbon) to the CET time zone (GMT + 1) (Paris, Berlin, and Rome).

My grandmother told me people were a bit confused in 1940, in France, with summer time/winter time/German time... :confused:

In the early 1970s (and before) if you worked in travel and particularly airlines it was a nightmare when the hour / clock changes happened in different countries and onb different days.

ABC Airways guides used then before computers took over.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My grandmother told me people were a bit confused in 1940, in France, with summer time/winter time/German time... :confused:
In all fairness the French population were under a lot of stress in the summer of '40 so confusion is understandable! What I can't understand is why they didn't change the clocks back after Liberation.

What I can't understand is why they didn't change the clocks back after Liberation.

In modern (post-)industrial societies, choosing a legal time with Sun culmination around 1 pm, or even 2 pm, is supposed to be more pleasant for the majority of the population. While it dit not make sense in more rural eras.

As far as Galicia and the Camino are concerned, it means that, on the beginning of October, at 8h15, you are still waiting for the sunrise :(

P2.JPG

Last edited:
In all fairness the French population were under a lot of stress in the summer of '40 so confusion is understandable! What I can't understand is why they didn't change the clocks back after Liberation.

Most likely we'll finally be getting rid of this whole winter time/summer time malarkey ...

Seems though that some countries will decide to keep their summer time all year 'round, whilst others will keep the winter time instead.

Legal time in Spain is still about 2 hours off the mark though -- it was far better back in the 1970s and 80s when it was just 1 hour, but then the EU imperiously decided that Spain needed to be more closely aligned with the CET ... they did the same in France, but because France is significantly eastward of Spain, it's just 1 hour off for the time being (French natural midday is at about 1 PM in winter, 2PM in the summer ; in Spain, that's 2 PM and 3 PM, which BTW is a major reason why those starting their daily hikes at 5 AM really are disrupting the natural flow of things ; in real terms, they're basically starting their hiking at 3 AM, following their watches that are giving them the wrong time, instead of following the natural course of the Aster in the Heavens ... a lot of which, I would suspect, is from people never making even the slightest attempt to get over their jet lag :p ) (but the Germans seem to imagine that all European clocks should be aligned around Berlin, rather than being more sensibly centred upon Greenwich)

Last edited:
Most likely we'll finally be getting rid of this whole winter time/summer time malarkey ...

Seems though that some countries will decide to keep their summer time all year 'round, whilst others will keep the winter time instead.

Legal time in Spain is still about 2 hours off the mark though -- it was far better back in the 1970s and 80s when it was just 1 hour, but then the EU imperiously decided that Spain needed to be more closely aligned with the CET ... they did the same in France, but because France is significantly eastward of Spain, it's just 1 hour off for the time being (French natural midday is at about 1 PM in winter, 2PM in the summer ; in Spain, that's 2 PM and 3 PM, which BTW is a major reason why those starting their daily hikes at 5 AM really are disrupting the natural flow of things ; in real terms, they're basically starting their hiking at 3 AM, following their watches that are giving them the wrong time, instead of following the natural course of the Aster in the Heavens ... a lot of which, I would suspect, is from people never making even the slightest attempt to get over their jet lag :p ) (but the Germans seem to imagine that all European clocks should be aligned around Berlin, rather than being more sensibly centred upon Greenwich)

but the Germans seem to imagine that all European clocks should be aligned around Berlin, rather than being more sensibly centred upon Greenwich)
That was the whole point of the change in 1940 - they needed the railway system to run to a unified timetable (for obvious reasons) - I don't think they were too much bothered with the effect on the average working man. Something similar occurred in the UK when trains were first invented. Bristol (solar) Time was about 15 minutes later than London Time and caused confusion. I live just outside of Canterbury where the first commercial railway system was created and there was actually a "Canterbury Meridian" which if 4 minutes before London. Strangely enough it was mentioned on the local BBC news last night.

That was the whole point of the change in 1940
I think he referred to today's (EU) Germans ... well, this thread brought also some interesting new information. I had no idea that an imaginary line like the Greenwich Meridian aka Prime Meridian is marked on the ground anywhere else than at the observatory in Greenwich. Who hasn't visited and did not stand with their feet on each side of the line? And to think of the many many times I must have crossed the Prime Meridian without even being aware of it!!! Does something miraculous happen when you cross it?

And then there is of course also the Paris Meridian and the Madrid Meridian ... not to mention the Toledo Meridian, the Salamanca Meridian and the Cadiz Meridian.

But thank you to those who posted these images, I particularly liked the one on the motorway between Barcelona and Zaragoza although it could be aesthetically more pleasing in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think he referred to today's (EU) Germans ... well, this thread brought also some interesting new information. I had no idea that an imaginary line like the Greenwich Meridian aka Prime Meridian is marked on the ground anywhere else than at the observatory in Greenwich. Who hasn't visited and did not stand with their feet on each side of the line? And to think of the many many times I must have crossed the Prime Meridian without even being aware of it!!! Does something miraculous happen when you cross it?

And then there is of course also the Paris Meridian and the Madrid Meridian ... not to mention the Toledo Meridian, the Salamanca Meridian and the Cadiz Meridian.

But thank you to those who posted these images, I particularly liked the one on the motorway between Barcelona and Zaragoza although it could be aesthetically more pleasing in my humble opinion.

Does something miraculous happen when you cross it?

Not especially miraculous but imagine you're in Greenwich and standing astride the Greenwich Meridian dead on 12 noon. If you turn east and take two paces you should be thinking about where to have lunch (not a problem, lots to choose from) but if you turn west and take two paces then you might be ruing the fact that it's far too late for breakfast! ;)

For information and fun there is the website https:www.timeanddate.com
Just from two pages for Santiago de Compostela I've found:
  • The latitude and longitude
  • The current time
  • The time zone
  • The dates for daylight saving
  • The time difference between it and my location
  • Time of sunrise, sunset, moon rise, moon set and the length of the day
  • The direction to look to see the rises and settings
  • Weather
  • The time of solar noon (for SdC today it is/was 1:22 PM)
  • And more

See:

I'm betting that @Kathar1na is really going to love this site.

For information and fun there is the website https:www.timeanddate.com
Just from two pages for Santiago de Compostela I've found:
  • The latitude and longitude
  • The current time
  • The time zone
  • The dates for daylight saving
  • The time difference between it and my location
  • Time of sunrise, sunset, moon rise, moon set and the length of the day
  • The direction to look to see the rises and settings
  • Weather
  • The time of solar noon (for SdC today it is/was 1:22 PM)
  • And more

See:

"Oh my ears and whiskers! I'm late!"

Never enough time

emoji_u1f430.png

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm currently into The Greenwich Meridian site. It has two interactive maps with locations and photos of all the Greenwich Meridian markers known to man and woman that you can find on the ground in the UK, in France and in Spain. There are LOTS of them.

Greenwich Meridian markers.jpg

And now I can't remember whether I walked past the one on the South Downs Way without noticing it or whether I actually registered seeing it 🤔. The marker is even marked by a huge pile of stones in front of it, hard to overlook ... It says Western Hemisphere and Eastern Hemisphere on the two arms and they tried to make it look unobtrusive.

SDW meridian marker.jpeg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
And there's a Greenwich Meridian Trail, "a long-distance walk that follows the line of the Prime Meridian. Inaugurated in 2009, to coincide with the 125th anniversary of the Greenwich Meridian, the walk begins at the splendid monument to King George V at Peacehaven in East Sussex and ends, 273 miles later, on the coast at Sand le Mere in East Yorkshire. The walk is divided into four parts, each covered by a separate guidebook". Why not a scientific pilgrimage for a change. ;)

I'm currently into The Greenwich Meridian site. It has two interactive maps with locations and photos of all the Greenwich Meridian markers known to man and woman that you can find on the ground in the UK, in France and in Spain. There are LOTS of them.

View attachment 49395

... It says Western Hemisphere and Eastern Hemisphere on the two arms and they tried to make it look unobtrusive.

View attachment 49396
It would have been unobtrusive if the stones weren't there. I bet the stones came later. ☹️☹️☹️

I'm going out now, in our everlasting rain, to rake leaves. 🍁🍂🌧💦

Time flows down the drain clockwise on one side of the meridian and counter-clockwise on the other.

Time flows down the drain clockwise on one side of the meridian and counter-clockwise on the other.
When that southern hemisphere drain thing comes up I say "And not only that but the sun rises in west!"

I haven't fooled anyone yet though.

By the way, in theory, in the northern hemisphere water should go down the drain counter-clockwise. Friction and other forces are much stronger than the Coriolis effect.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Probably through the geography section....
1543586262559.png

Note the absence of flags! Not sure which side is which.

There are more situations like this than you'd expect - bits of Germany inside Austria, a veritable jigsaw on the Belgian/Netherlands border. Baarle-Nassau/Baarle-Hertog is a great example of an "enclave" as these places are called:

1543586630780.png
If you look on the left hand side you see there's a little bit of the Netherlands surrounded by a little bit of Belgium surrounded by the Netherlands!
Which country you live in depends on your front door. If it opens onto a Belgian street you live in Belgium, if it's a Dutch street you live in the Netherlands. There is, of course, a house with two front doors: one in Belgium, the other in the Netherlands

See the Wiki

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Of course water can drain in BOTH directions down the same plughole (if you ask it politely - it's something to do with the space-time continuum and good manners or some such).

A very learned hydraulics engineer (who liked a bet) had a party trick where he'd fill the bathroom hand basin up to the overflow, leave the left hand tap running and pull out the plug and invite you to watch to see in which direction the water would circulate and then do the same with the right. In my case (yes, I've just checked it) water from the left hand, hot water tap spins anti-clockwise while that from the right hand, cold water tap spins clockwise.

The first time I saw him do it I asked if the head of water or the temperature caused the change.

He looked at me over the top of his specs and said "Call yourself an engineer? It's the shape of the basin and location of the taps dear boy!"

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Fellows at MIT with nothing better to do filled huge vats and let the water settle a long time before draining. After many trials they got the water going down clockwise more often than not but with not statistical significance.

The Gulf Stream flows clockwise because the Sargasso Sea is a "hump" of water above mean sea level (due to winds, air pressure, salinity, etc.) So the water flows "downhill" in all directions from the center. The Coriolis effect acts to change the direction to the right and thus a clockwise flow. When draining a sink at the same place the water flows toward the center drain and the Coriolis effect again acts to change the direction to the right so in this case theory says the water would whirl in a counterclockwise direction.

Wow just came back to my post today and realized that it had really taken off. Thanks for all the imformative and amusing content. Really enjoyed reading through it. Glad to see that I am not the only one curious about it....

but the Germans seem to imagine that all European clocks should be aligned around Berlin, rather than being more sensibly centred upon Greenwich)
That was the whole point of the change in 1940 - they needed the railway system to run to a unified timetable (for obvious reasons) - I don't think they were too much bothered with the effect on the average working man. Something similar occurred in the UK when trains were first invented. Bristol (solar) Time was about 15 minutes later than London Time and caused confusion. I live just outside of Canterbury where the first commercial railway system was created and there was actually a "Canterbury Meridian" which if 4 minutes before London. Strangely enough it was mentioned on the local BBC news last night.

IIRC, the former Soviet Union decided the same thing, placing all 8 or so time zones on Moscow time... I could be wrong on this... But, the factoid is lurking in the dustbin of my brain...

IIRC, the former Soviet Union decided the same thing, placing all 8 or so time zones on Moscow time... I could be wrong on this... But, the factoid is lurking in the dustbin of my brain...
This is something different again. From https://www.seat61.com/Russia-trains.htm: Trains used to run to Moscow time in Russia, even where local time was 7 hours ahead of Moscow, and Russian rail timetables used to show Moscow time for all stops. However, after over a century Russian Railways ended this practice in August 2018, and you should now find online booking systems and station timetables showing local time at each stop. It makes things a lot easier to understand!

Also on Euronews: All change: Russia's odd train time custom finally hits the buffers

Last edited:
Really enjoyed reading through it. Glad to see that I am not the only one curious about it....
The longitude/latitude system is apparently a fascinating topic and many people, me included, know little about its importance throughout the centuries and the long quest to develop and establish it. As I indicated before, it's not primarily about when the train comes but about where the ship is. Today, most of us have a tiny device that can tell us immediately where we are on the surface of the earth. So easy. :cool:

The longitude/latitude system is apparently a fascinating topic and many people, me included, know little about its importance throughout the centuries and the long quest to develop and establish it. As I indicated before, it's not primarily about when the train comes but about where the ship is. Today, most of us have a tiny device that can tell us immediately where we are on the surface of the earth. So easy. :cool:
Try and find a copy of Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time by Dana Sobel - I think you'll enjoy it.

Nice to hear that Russian Trains is now on time zone time, as 4 years ago when my wife and I took the TSR to Beijing it was very confusing especially as my Ipod would change with the time zones.
Then a year later I joined our son on a trip to Lhasa from Beijing, where he was working for the Canadian government, and guess what ? Official time in China is based on Beijing time so he was calling the office at some very odd times of the day, especially when we got to the far western part of the country.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

2. Geographically and logically, Spain ought to be in that time zone, and it was...
3. In 1940 (IIRC) Gen. Franco (then the dictatorial ruler of Spain) decided to align his country's time zone with that of his friends and partial allies (Germany & Italy). So, he unilaterally moved Spain from the GMT time zone (London and Lisbon) to the CET time zone (GMT + 1) (Paris, Berlin, and Rome).

This is also why, when you walk the Camino Portugues from Valenca to Tui and cross the Eiffel-designed girder bridge, you must change your watch one-hour ahead (losing one hour).

Hope this helps.
Weird fact and totally nothing to do with the Camino. Spain changed from GMT to European GMT+1 after Franco was an hour late for an appointment with Chancellor Adolf Hitler at Canfranc station on the French / Spanish border. The late arrival at the meeting was put down to a misunderstanding about which timezone the appointment was in.

I knew that Franco irritated Hitler by being late for that meeting. Previously, most folks (including me) just marked it up to the relaxed Spanish sense of punctuality... I am well over it.

Some historians have written that this tardiness so irritated Hitler that he decided to not press Franco to join the Axis, as he perceived him to be "undisciplined." Whew! That was close...

I note in passing that, in doing this, albeit accidentally, Franco prevented his country from suffering as the other Western European countries suffered during the war. Lord knows they had enough rebuilding to do from the recent Civil War... but I digress...

Your explanation seems far more likely and reasonable. The fellow running the Spanish train was on HIS local time...one hour BEHIND or slower than the French rail system, now running on German time. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Spain changed from GMT to European GMT+1 after Franco was an hour late for an appointment with Chancellor Adolf Hitler at Canfranc station on the French / Spanish border. The late arrival at the meeting was put down to a misunderstanding about which timezone the appointment was in.
I'm not that fascinated with Hitler and Franco minutiae but read a thing or two about the whole timezone issue, both historical and contemporary and a lot of it even in Spanish 🙃, and just now I did a very quick Google search about the meeting in Hendaye (not Canfranc) in October 1940 since this added a totally new element to this saga for me, and, frankly, I think it just takes the whole Nazi time zone myth to a new level :).

I wouldn't call it a fact. Only on the internet perhaps. :)

Last edited:
I thought it was Canfranc, since this was the main railway hub for interconnecting Standard gauge SNCF railways to the Broad gauge Spanish railways. However memory is fickle and I stand corrected.
Canfranc had massive platforms designed to allow two trains to halt opposite each other and allow direct trans-shipment of goods and passengers between the two incompatible systems. Spain provided large amounts of raw materials to France and Germany through Canfranc. In return Franco received hard currency and gold that allowed him to start rebuilding a shattered Spanish economy after the Civil war

Canfranc had massive platforms
Coming back to time: In the many news articles and TV reports about the case of Spain that are floating around in the internet, you alternatively read that they changed hours either in 1940 or in 1942 to supposedly please Hitler.

Spain did change hours in March 1940 and in May 1942 but it's difficult to see what it had to do with a train being late for 8 or 9 minutes in October 1940 - the change of official Spanish time took place either before the event in Hendaye or else years later. Franco's daughter Carmen told authors of a more recent biography about her father that the train had to go slower than planned because of the bad state the tracks were in.

So no shrewd planning to show off, no eagerness to please, just a banal and boring reality. :cool:

Last edited:
I visited Canfranc some years ago. SNCF discontinued traffic on the French side in 1970 but RENFE still sends 2 trains a day from Zaragoza on the tortuous 4-hour journey to what was the second largest station in Europe when it opened in 1928. It lay derelict for many years, but there are now plans to refurbish it. SNCF send a coach (I was its only passenger) which connects to Oloron St-Marie and a train to Pau.

The longitude/latitude system is apparently a fascinating topic and many people, me included, know little about its importance throughout the centuries and the long quest to develop and establish it.

There is a new approach to get positioning; three words can define a 3m by 3m square anywhere. This was developed by the people at https://www.what3words.com

For example, km 0 of the camino can be seen at
https://map.what3words.com/keener.spot.receive

The following webpage describes how this location method is useful:
https://what3words.com/2018/11/every-airbnb-is-now-easy-to-find-with-a-3-word-address/

Try and find a copy of Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time by Dana Sobel - I think you'll enjoy it.
Thank you for telling us about this book, Jeff. I bought and just finished reading Illustrated Longitude: The True Story ........., with lots of pictures of original drawings and notes, and of course the time pieces, and found the book absolutely fascinating. Having grown up in the West Indies, naturally I've been aware that ships sailed those waters for centuries and I've always wondered how they managed - or didn't manage - to do so, so I found it particularly interesting that some of the time pieces mentioned in the book were tested in our waters. The book was a really good read.

Hope this helps.

Hola @t2andreo
Its also the reason if you walk the Frances from mid-to-late September (til the last weekend in Oct that is) you will be walking in semi-dark especially from Leon westwardif you start out before 7.30 am.
I recall when I left Rabanal in late Sept 2015 I had to wait about 10-15 mins (say just after 8.30) to see where I was going on my bike. I departed later the next day (from Ponferrada, but forgot when I rode out of Villafranca and rode the first 20 mins in the dark, thankfully there were not too many cars or trucks on the back roads. Its even darker in Santiago with a sunrise of 8.45/09.00 through most of October. Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is a new approach to get positioning; three words can define a 3m by 3m square anywhere. This was developed by the people at https://www.what3words.com

For example, km 0 of the camino can be seen at
https://map.what3words.com/keener.spot.receive

The following webpage describes how this location method is useful:
https://what3words.com/2018/11/every-airbnb-is-now-easy-to-find-with-a-3-word-address/
Quite a good system for locating a spot without a postal address - I'd noticed them on a site I frequently used to locate addresses but could never be bothered to look and see what they mean! I think that's the only draw back - you need to know what it's all about before you can use it but they are gaining ground all the time (Mercedes Benz use them for in-car navigation!) and now Google are trying to play catch up with their Plus Codes:

Find and share places using plus codes
Plus codes work just like street addresses. When an address isn’t available, you can use a plus code to find or share a place on Google Maps, like your home or business.
A plus code includes:
  • 6 or 7 letters and numbers
  • A town or city
Here’s an example of a plus code: X4HM+3C, Cairo, Egypt.

but keener.spot.receive is probably easier to remember than VFJ3+6P Santiago de Compostela, Spain ;)

Last edited:
Maybe if you can remember the correct spelling of receive.

Not dealing with the Prime Meridian but with the International Date Line I just learned that there can be three calendar days on Earth at the same time, not just two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Date_Line#Facts_dependent_on_the_IDL
?? How else would you spell receive?? You can always go with Spanish: dudar.emisora.platos or even Zulu amalambu.ixukuze.ziyazana ;)

Happy New Year to you both!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back