A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

gronze.com, how to change to English?

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
FRANCES, St. Jean to Santiago, 2016
Camino Frances #2 Pamplona to Leon 2017
Hi all, I just joined the gronze.com site today and I can’t get the English translation to come up. Does anyone know how to switch it to English while in the site?

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Hi all, I just joined the gronze.com site today and I can’t get the English translation to come up. Does anyone know how to switch it to English while in the site?
As far as I know there is no English language option in the site itself. But you can try what I do. Use Google Chrome as your web browser and make sure you turn on the automatic translation function. It will then translate from Spanish and many other languages for you. Works very well with Spanish websites. And in both the desktop and mobile versions of Google Chrome.

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
FRANCES, St. Jean to Santiago, 2016
Camino Frances #2 Pamplona to Leon 2017
As far as I know there is no English language option in the site itself. But you can try what I do. Use Google Chrome as your web browser and make sure you turn on the automatic translation function. It will then translate from Spanish and many other languages for you. Works very well with Spanish websites. And in both the desktop and mobile versions of Google Chrome.
Thanks!! I’ll give that a go

dfox

Camino(s) past & future
CF (4/2017)
CP (5/2019)
CF (5/2021)
It is how I did it when using Google Chrome;

1. In the site, e.g., www.gronze.com, move the mouse (pointer) to anywhere in the page.
2. Right mouse click, a drop-down menu is popped up.
3. The last third entry is "translate to English".
4. Google will ask you if you also want to translate this site in English in future.

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
It is how I did it when using Google Chrome;

1. In the site, e.g., www.gronze.com, move the mouse (pointer) to anywhere in the page.
2. Right mouse click, a drop-down menu is popped up.
3. The last third entry is "translate to English".
4. Google will ask you if you also want to translate this site in English in future.
That certainly works. The advantage of changing the Language option in the Advanced settings is that you need only do that once and you will be offered a translation automatically in future whenever Google Chrome recognises any website is in a language other than your default system one (in this case English). Particularly useful if you do a Google search for news items for example when it will have a go at translating all the brief first line excerpts that Google displays in the results. A big timesaver. If you wish to revert to the original language version of a translated page you can do that very easily by clicking on a small icon in the address bar.
translate.jpg

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I use Chrome for this forum because of the many links made here to non-English websites but most of my browsing is done in Firefox. This helps keep Google from knowing everything about me.

Mycroft

I use Chrome for this forum because of the many links made here to non-English websites but most of my browsing is done in Firefox. This helps keep Google from knowing everything about me.
My concern as well, Rick. But hadn't thought of using chrome solely when I connect to pilgrim sites that need translation--thanks!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
My concern as well, Rick. But hadn't thought of using chrome solely when I connect to pilgrim sites that need translation--thanks!
Oops. I forgot to mention that I also now use Chrome for sites where I have to enter a lot of information or Captcha confirmation. A number of times I've wasted much time filling these out and have the submit end up failing for some reason because the site was designed with only Chrome in mind.

Camino(s) past & future
I live next to the Grand Châtenet section
With an Android device Google can auto translate or a simple copy and a translation bubble will pop up.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%