• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

gronze.com, how to change to English?

Thomas V

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 & 2017 FRANCES, 2018 Portuguese, 2019 Norte Irún to Santiago
Hi all, I just joined the gronze.com site today and I can’t get the English translation to come up. Does anyone know how to switch it to English while in the site?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all, I just joined the gronze.com site today and I can’t get the English translation to come up. Does anyone know how to switch it to English while in the site?
As far as I know there is no English language option in the site itself. But you can try what I do. Use Google Chrome as your web browser and make sure you turn on the automatic translation function. It will then translate from Spanish and many other languages for you. Works very well with Spanish websites. And in both the desktop and mobile versions of Google Chrome.

As far as I know there is no English language option in the site itself. But you can try what I do. Use Google Chrome as your web browser and make sure you turn on the automatic translation function. It will then translate from Spanish and many other languages for you. Works very well with Spanish websites. And in both the desktop and mobile versions of Google Chrome.
Thanks!! I’ll give that a go

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It is how I did it when using Google Chrome;

1. In the site, e.g., www.gronze.com, move the mouse (pointer) to anywhere in the page.
2. Right mouse click, a drop-down menu is popped up.
3. The last third entry is "translate to English".
4. Google will ask you if you also want to translate this site in English in future.

It is how I did it when using Google Chrome;

1. In the site, e.g., www.gronze.com, move the mouse (pointer) to anywhere in the page.
2. Right mouse click, a drop-down menu is popped up.
3. The last third entry is "translate to English".
4. Google will ask you if you also want to translate this site in English in future.

That certainly works. The advantage of changing the Language option in the Advanced settings is that you need only do that once and you will be offered a translation automatically in future whenever Google Chrome recognises any website is in a language other than your default system one (in this case English). Particularly useful if you do a Google search for news items for example when it will have a go at translating all the brief first line excerpts that Google displays in the results. A big timesaver. If you wish to revert to the original language version of a translated page you can do that very easily by clicking on a small icon in the address bar.
translate.jpg

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I use Chrome for this forum because of the many links made here to non-English websites but most of my browsing is done in Firefox. This helps keep Google from knowing everything about me.
My concern as well, Rick. But hadn't thought of using chrome solely when I connect to pilgrim sites that need translation--thanks!

My concern as well, Rick. But hadn't thought of using chrome solely when I connect to pilgrim sites that need translation--thanks!
Oops. I forgot to mention that I also now use Chrome for sites where I have to enter a lot of information or Captcha confirmation. A number of times I've wasted much time filling these out and have the submit end up failing for some reason because the site was designed with only Chrome in mind.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
With an Android device Google can auto translate or a simple copy and a translation bubble will pop up.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Like you I’m struggling too find Gronze.com ( APP) anywhere in English,

Like you I’m struggling too find Gronze.com ( APP) anywhere in English,
There is no App. Just use Chrome or adjust your browser settings as advised above. If you’re using a phone rather than any other IT resource learn a little Spanish 😉 the phrases and descriptors used on Gronze are simple and endlessly repeated

There is no App. Just use Chrome or adjust your browser settings as advised above. If you’re using a phone rather than any other IT resource learn a little Spanish 😉 the phrases and descriptors used on Gronze are simple and endlessly repeated
Thanks, .. i got it in English ,.. working on to learn more Spanish. But retaining the words are different matter all together. 😂 Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm Italian and understand Spanish, but I prefer English. I'm Firefox browser fan, also on mobile devices. If you use this link, at top there a bar and you can choise which language you want. English translate is good, Italian not so good. Only problem are the images, on the translate bar are 3 dots, then go to the original url
Ciao

Thanks all.. I got it!!👏👏
Alternatively to Google Translate, I recommend that you read Gronze.com "as is"! It is so condensed and easy to understand without knowledge of Spanish. The Gronze is very simple and straightforward, a great way to learn useful expressions while walking and repeating them in conversations. Pity that many English speakers are phobic to try, which others sometimes perceive as arrogance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I recommend that you read Gronze.com "as is"! It is so condensed and easy to understand without knowledge of Spanish.
I agree that for the basic stages, distances, accommodations listing, you are much better off to leave it in Spanish. As @trecile tells us, Google Chrome will translate the names of places, and also, I assume, names of hotels, albergues, etc. That is decidedly unhelpful to pilgrims but unavoidable with a computer translation program.

But… there is a wealth of information on gronze that very few English speakers ever use — I particularly like the “al loro” entries for each stage - click down on the bottom. It’s a compilation of all sorts of kind of random observatrions and bits and pieces of recommendations, interesting things to visit, etc. The “recorrido“ tab gives a nice summary of the towns you will pass through, too.

As @trecile tells us, Google Chrome will translate the names of places, and also, I assume, names of hotels, albergues, etc.
A few years ago a peregrina on the Camigas FB page was complaining because her luggage didn't get delivered to the "Boarding House" that she had specified on the tag that she attached to her backpack. She was using the Buen Camino app which translates pensión to boarding house.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.