• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Growth of The Forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Most users ever online was 865 on 28 May 2012, 07:48
Either there was a demand-for-service attack, or Memorial Day in the U.S. had a lot of people on their computers! Over 800 members joined in May 2012.

The number of members reached 10,000 on November 13, 2011. Since that date, another 3,500 have joined, about a 70% annual growth rate.

Is it a coincidence that "The Way" was released in November, 2011?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Almost 13000 topics totally!
The Forum is on fire!

The Forum had its first member on October 12, 2004. It reached 5,000 on September 18, 2009. Today there will be 13,500. Well done, Ivar. That is a lot of people meeting, a lot of posts, and a lot of information being shared, all because of YOU. :mrgreen:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, Ivar we all LOVE you!
The Forum has been very busy lately with so many new and old topics and encounters. So much information!
Thanks falcon to keeping up the Calender!
annie

It was this forum that helped me understand that the Camino was more than just another long distance hike. I've done plenty of them; arduous, spectacular, pretty, long, dull, hot or wet. It became clear as I browsed here that the Camino had another dimension. That that was what was drawing me, not just another landscape to hike through and document and park in the been there, done that part of memory.

And that too is down to Ivar, but also to the myriad contributors, debators, goads and down to earth good guys who have added their hopes, fears, knowledge and belief. And the occasional terrible joke :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am continually referring people to the forum for its combination of practical information, difference of perspectives, and lively debate. It is one of the best-run fora I have ever seen and Ivar and the volunteers deserve our appreciation for a solid achievement in keeping it going and keeping it golden.

It was this forum that helped me understand that the Camino was more than just another long distance hike. I've done plenty of them; arduous, spectacular, pretty, long, dull, hot or wet. It became clear as I browsed here that the Camino had another dimension. That that was what was drawing me, not just another landscape to hike through and document and park in the been there, done that part of memory.

And that too is down to Ivar, but also to the myriad contributors, debators, goads and down to earth good guys who have added their hopes, fears, knowledge and belief. And the occasional terrible joke
"The World is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." St Augustin

Couldn't agree more!

Thank you one and all.
From a grateful pelegrina,
LT

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!

What makes this forum great are all the people contributing. My job (and the moderators) is to create a good atmosphere, the rest can be attributed to all of you! Thanks!

The reason for the spike on may 28th was that both Bing (Microsoft search engine) and Yahoo decided to index our posts into their search engine all at once.

I did notice that we passed 13.000 members, but did not know that we had 800 new members in May. Wow... :D

Buen Camino!
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just for fun... this is how we have grown since 2006 (when I started to collect these statistics).

...scroll right to see 2012!

:shock:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 10.34.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 10.34.29 PM.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 857
Hi Ivar, I have been reading the forum religiously since I started planning my camino in December.. Now I'm here!.. On day 3, and loving every minute so far, but i can't thank you and everyone on this forum enough for all the practical information I received which helped me get ready for this amazing experience.. Buen camino!!.

This forum is invaluable to someone like myself who is traveling the Camino alone and for the first time. It encourages me and helps me prepare with confidence. I feel I can trust the advice of many pilgrims and look forward to taking my first steps onto the road in St. Jean!! :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
falcon269 said:
The number of members reached 10,000 on November 13, 2011. Since that date, another 3,500 have joined, about a 17% annual growth rate. Is it a coincidence that "The Way" was released in November, 2011?
The problem with the Forum members' file is, that it never gets cleaned.
As moderator of a different, 10 years old Forum with over 6.000 members I know that more than half have become "inactive". Trimming members takes quite some stamina, with the risk of removing the odd "read only" person. And as long as there is no storage space problem (yet?), why bother.

A great forum and a credit to Ivar. As I live in the great south land it keeps me in touch with what it is like north of the equator (cold!) during my planning/training. The courtesy and helpfulness of the contributors is also an important factor in the forum 'feel'. One of the best forums that I use
Rob - Melbourne

A great job Ivar on this very informative Forum, and thank you too to all who contribute and make it the great on-line community it is. :D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back