• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide book for Camino De Madrid

Cheryland don

Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid north
hi all you helpful walkers
I hope I am on the right thread here!
I'm wanting to know if we will need a guide book to walk the Madrid route. I have printed info from the official web site, but when I tried to order a guide book, it said they were out of stock.
Can I buy one in Madrid if I need one?
Thanks everyone.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm wanting to know if we will need a guide book to walk the Madrid route. I have printed info from the official web site, but when I tried to order a guide book, it said they were out of stock.
Thanks everyone.
Hi, Cheryland don,

If you've already found official CdM web site I'd say you don't really need a guide book. I've walked this route in 2014 and it was fairly well marked then and as I read nowadays it is marked even better now. But if you think you really need some sort of guide book you can download it here:
http://www.csj.org.uk/planning-your-pilgrimage/csj-guides-and-updates/

Many more useful info in Madrid section of this forum:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/ (one of two "sticky" threads is my actually day-by-day journal with added photos and GPS tracks)

Also here:
http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos.cfm?ruta=40

If there's anything more you would want to know don't hesitate to ask because here is a group of devoted CdM afficionados on this forum which will gladly answer your questions ;)

Ultreia!

Holla,

is there a 'Way" from Madrid to Zamora ? I walked from Seville to Zamora last year. I would like to complete the VDLP . I will be arriving in Madrid just wondering if I could walk to Zamora from Madrid.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Gracias,
Cliff

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks everyone.

I walked the Caminos de Madrid, Salvador and Primitivo this year. I posted to my blog each day with info about accommodation and landscape. You are welcome to take a look. I really enjoyed the walk - very laid back, not too much company, plenty of signage. Can be cold so take warm gloves and head gear. Here is a spreadsheet I made of my stages, with contact info for albergues. It may be useful to you. I also wrote a post camino review.

I'm sure you will enjoy this camino. Have fun and keep warm.

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back