• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide book "Guía Camino Sur Huelva-Zafra"

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
Next spring I hope to walk from eighter Cadiz or Huelva. My problem is guide books. The guide for the route from Cadiz can be bought with the Caminoassociation in Sevilla. I tried this spring, but nobody was there because of Feria de Abril. I see that I can buy this guide from Mundicamino.

The Confraternity og Saint James says that the guide for Camino Sur Huelva-Zafra can be bought from Mundicamino too. This summer I think the picture of it was there, but the text said it was not available. No there is nothing. Can anybody help me? Where can I get this guidebook before leaving Norway in spring? Bjørg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Bjorg -

We are walking that route in the spring as well. I've been in contact with the authors of the guide and have just ordered a copy yesterday after much communication. The cost is 3 Euro plus shipping and it's 28 pages. (almost worthwhile to fax or email it but not an option).

The website/blog is: http://www.caminosantiagohuelva.blogspot.com/

Here is the address:

ASOCIACION DE AMIGOS DEL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO DE HUELVA
AVENIDA DE ALEMANIA,26-BAJO
21002 HUELVA ESPANA

Tfno-Fax 959241829- Móvil 630250255

The president is Fernando Quintero Dominguez at ferquindo@hotmail.com.

You may have better luck than I did in depositing payment directly into the association's bank account (his preference) - I wasn't able do it so sent him a bank draft along with a donativo for the association.

Good luck!

lynne

Thank you. I was afraid I had to do it that way. My experiences from trying to pay when you buy thing that way, are not good eighter. It really is a problem. But my husband speaks spanish, and that helps a lot. At least I now know that it is possible to get a guide from the assosiation. That is a good start.

Nice to hear that others are planning to walk from Huelva too. My first plan was to walk from Cadiz, but now I think I will take that route in 2012, when I hope to walk a really long distance. When I got aware of the route from Huelva, I think from what I have read, that this is a much more varied and interesting route. Bjørg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Bjorgts

the Mundicamino site describes this route as the 'C del Sur (Huelva- Zafra)

http://www.mundicamino.com/

but it seems not all details have been uploaded re the (seven) 'etappas'

The Zafra albergue very much looks the part tho'

buen camino

Peter

am stilling looking and have had no luck in getting and info on a guide book for the Via de la Plata in English have sent an email to Confraternity of St. James and no reply and suggestion. Thanks
n+

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.