A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Guide Daytrips to Finisterre

Santiago Photo Book

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
I am looking for recommendations for companies that do 1 day guided daytrips from Santiago to the coast including Finisterre. Anyone had any experience of these that they enjoyed and can remember the name of the tour company?

martyseville

Camino(s) past & future
a/a
There is a company that does such a day trip. Covers Finisterre as well as other places to see along the coast.
Buy tickets close to the cathedral. Catch bus few blocks away. Left early morning and returned about 5 or 6 pm
Yes can catch the regular bus and return same day. But this does not go to all the interesting towns and places to see.
If you search on line (or when in Santiago, easy to find the company.
The office for tickets is close, very close, to the Post Office in Santiago.

martyseville

Camino(s) past & future
a/a
There is a company that does such a day trip. Covers Finisterre as well as other places to see along the coast.
Buy tickets close to the cathedral. Catch bus few blocks away. Left early morning and returned about 5 or 6 pm
Yes can catch the regular bus and return same day. But this does not go to all the interesting towns and places to see.
If you search on line (or when in Santiago, easy to find the company.
The office for tickets is close, very close, to the Post Office in Santiago.

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route.
I am looking for recommendations for companies that do 1 day guided daytrips from Santiago to the coast including Finisterre. Anyone had any experience of these that they enjoyed and can remember the name of the tour company?
One thing you might consider is hiring a private taxi.
For around 100 euros you can get a taxi to take you to Finisterre, wait while you see the lighthouse and whatever else you want to see, then take you to Muxia (more beautiful to me) and wait while you have lunch there, then bring you back to Santiago. Share with another 2-3 pilgrims and it's less expensive than the bus that goes back and forth. In Spain you pay per taxi, not per person.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The Galician Tourist Office is situated in Rua do Vilar, here's their website:

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés
Hi, I walked to Finisterre the first time, took the public bus there and back the second time, and I did an organized day tour the third time, for which I can highly recommend this company:

http://discovergalicia.es/en/finisterre-costa-da-morte/

We included the lunch option which was really good.
Jill

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I know that's not the answer to the OP, but for me personally taking a bus to either Fisterra or Muxia is a "crime" on the senses. Such a delightful walk...

Mike Molloy

Wizened old step-taker
Camino(s) past & future
English Camino 2017
Finisterre/Muxia 2018
Portuguese Senda Litoral 2019
Camino del Norte (2020)
I did it with Tour Galicia, we went to Finisterre, Muxia and lots more on a day trip for only 35 euro.The guide was excellent. I had a really good day out. It probably costs a bit more now!
Their address is
Rúa do Franco, 53, 15702 Santiago de Compostela

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
The bus tour is wonderful because they have someone who knows all about the area. They stop in Muxia and Finesterre for lunch and allow time to look around and visit the lighthouse area. There are young ladies all around the Cathedral handing out fliers.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
We have used Tour Galicia as well and I've booked them for a half-day tour on 23 September.

The cost for 6 people is €300 and includes:

An English speaker Private guide and Transport, as well local snacks, water, insurances and transportation.
Departing from Santiago at 9.00.

1. Pontemaceira ( nice roman bridge 15 min from Santiago)
2. Muxia (Visit to the Sanctuary)
3. Finisterre Lighthouse
4. Ezaros Waterfall
5. Return To Santiago

Jodean

Camino(s) past & future
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
Have done the day bus tour twice, and for 39€ it is a bargain and you learn so much history of Gallicia. Plus you get to go to a beautiful waterfall.

Mike Molloy

Wizened old step-taker
Camino(s) past & future
English Camino 2017
Finisterre/Muxia 2018
Portuguese Senda Litoral 2019
Camino del Norte (2020)
I was told that the waterfall at Ezaros is the only one in Europe that drops directly into the sea. It's certainly worth visiting on route.

John A Richard

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017), Portuguese (2019)
If you don't have the time (or legs) to walk to Finisterre, a guided bus tour is an excellent day trip. My wife and I did this in April.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%