• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide Daytrips to Finisterre

Mark McCarthy

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
I am looking for recommendations for companies that do 1 day guided daytrips from Santiago to the coast including Finisterre. Anyone had any experience of these that they enjoyed and can remember the name of the tour company?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is a company that does such a day trip. Covers Finisterre as well as other places to see along the coast.
Buy tickets close to the cathedral. Catch bus few blocks away. Left early morning and returned about 5 or 6 pm
Yes can catch the regular bus and return same day. But this does not go to all the interesting towns and places to see.
If you search on line (or when in Santiago, easy to find the company.
The office for tickets is close, very close, to the Post Office in Santiago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a company that does such a day trip. Covers Finisterre as well as other places to see along the coast.
Buy tickets close to the cathedral. Catch bus few blocks away. Left early morning and returned about 5 or 6 pm
Yes can catch the regular bus and return same day. But this does not go to all the interesting towns and places to see.
If you search on line (or when in Santiago, easy to find the company.
The office for tickets is close, very close, to the Post Office in Santiago.

I am looking for recommendations for companies that do 1 day guided daytrips from Santiago to the coast including Finisterre. Anyone had any experience of these that they enjoyed and can remember the name of the tour company?

One thing you might consider is hiring a private taxi.
For around 100 euros you can get a taxi to take you to Finisterre, wait while you see the lighthouse and whatever else you want to see, then take you to Muxia (more beautiful to me) and wait while you have lunch there, then bring you back to Santiago. Share with another 2-3 pilgrims and it's less expensive than the bus that goes back and forth. In Spain you pay per taxi, not per person.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Galician Tourist Office is situated in Rua do Vilar, here's their website:

Hi, I walked to Finisterre the first time, took the public bus there and back the second time, and I did an organized day tour the third time, for which I can highly recommend this company:

http://discovergalicia.es/en/finisterre-costa-da-morte/

We included the lunch option which was really good.
Jill

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did it with Tour Galicia, we went to Finisterre, Muxia and lots more on a day trip for only 35 euro.The guide was excellent. I had a really good day out. It probably costs a bit more now!
Their address is
Rúa do Franco, 53, 15702 Santiago de Compostela

The bus tour is wonderful because they have someone who knows all about the area. They stop in Muxia and Finesterre for lunch and allow time to look around and visit the lighthouse area. There are young ladies all around the Cathedral handing out fliers.

We have used Tour Galicia as well and I've booked them for a half-day tour on 23 September.

The cost for 6 people is €300 and includes:

An English speaker Private guide and Transport, as well local snacks, water, insurances and transportation.
Departing from Santiago at 9.00.

1. Pontemaceira ( nice roman bridge 15 min from Santiago)
2. Muxia (Visit to the Sanctuary)
3. Finisterre Lighthouse
4. Ezaros Waterfall
5. Return To Santiago

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have done the day bus tour twice, and for 39€ it is a bargain and you learn so much history of Gallicia. Plus you get to go to a beautiful waterfall.

I was told that the waterfall at Ezaros is the only one in Europe that drops directly into the sea. It's certainly worth visiting on route.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We booked a day tour from Santiago. We arranged to stay in Finisterre when the bus left and got back on the bus two or three days later when it cam back through. No extra cost. Both of the main tour companies allow this.

We booked a day tour from Santiago. We arranged to stay in Finisterre when the bus left and got back on the bus two or three days later when it cam back through. No extra cost. Both of the main tour companies allow this.
I did something similar. I started the CP with a friend, who unfortunately tore a muscle early on and had to stop walking after only four days. While I continued on foot, she took the train to Santiago and spent five days there resting until arrived. At that point she was still not able to walk very far - certainly not to the lighthouse in Finisterre. We then took the tour bus, which was definitely more interesting than the public bus, and I got to see the enormous hórreo on Carnota, and the water falls. We stayed on the bus until the lighthouse and took a taxi back to town, where we had booked a pensión for the night. That night we took the two hour sunset cruise for only 15€, which took us out to the lighthouse point. The next day I walked to Lires, then Muxía, while my friend took the final legs on the tour bus back to Santiago.

Sure, it cost me more than the public bus, but I got to see some sights that I haven't seen when I walked to Finisterre, it gave my friend the opportunity to visit "the end of the world" , and most importantly, we were able to do it together.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I used the company of the flyer shown in post #15. I called the night before and reserved a seat. Enjoyed the trip immensely. There was enough time to see all the places the bus stopped. I loved the ladies making lace from bobbins in Muxia and at the waterfall. Lunch was in Finesterra at a restaurant of your choice and very good. I felt it was money well spent and would do it again.

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back