• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide for Camino ingles

wendy busch

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's 2012
Camino de Santiago and camino Finesterre 2013
Camino Frances and camino Portuguese 2014
(2016 Camino de Santiago and camino Ingles and Camino Primitivo.)
Can anyone tell me where I find the "johnny walker guide to the Camino ingles" . I understand I can download this.
I will do this Camino nest April.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Can anyone tell me where I find the "johnny walker guide to the Camino ingles" . I understand I can download this.

Go to Camino Resources section on the Forum and you will see the guide available for download.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is an other ( but heavy ) solution-the Cicerone guide "the Northern Caminos"
The camino Ingles is only a small part of this guide so you carry unused information printed on paper with you unless you scan the pages of what you need and save it on a kindle,ipad or phone as we did.
There is no need to use a guide by the way on the camino Ingles. It is very well waymarked.
Although we downloaded Johnny Walker's guide and the Cicerone part we hardly used it.

Buen camino

You can get it on the CSJ website (Confraternity of St James). It's very good!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We had the paper copy of the CSJ guide and then wrote in any additional notes from the Cicerone and Gronze this year. Our guide was then used to write notes in as we walked. If it is easier to download (for a donation) then you can print out the pages and carry those you need. We actually cut out the directions we did not need and only carried the ones from Ferrol to Santiago, then put them back in when we got home. We don't like cutting books but were 'weight challenged' and every page counted this time. If walking next year the download might be best as Johnnie puts the updates in and there is going to be a major change around Casa Julia for next year. I think the download might be ready before the paper copy, but no doubt @JohnnieWalker will advise when it is ready.

Hi Wendy,

Although this excellent guide is a free download, a donation to the CSJ is suggested.

Nuala
hi thanks for the info. CSJ website down at the moment but i will donate when it lets me.
Hi Wendy,

Although this excellent guide is a free download, a donation to the CSJ is suggested.

Nuala

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi, thanks i will donate when CSJ website up again.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.