• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide or map for Portugese routes

brynderwyn

Hello,
Can someone please tell me where to purchase a guide or map that shows all the Portugese routes?
Is one any better than the others?
Do the guides also show where the albergues are, and have contact details?
We are planning on walking in September 2013, anyone else thinking about that time as well?
Any suggestions on best places to stay between Porto and Santiago de Compostella, and also things not to be missed?
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Julie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked last October and fall is a great time of the year to go...I did a "different" route so I can't be of much help as my maps were PDF files I found online and downloaded and printed to carry with me...all in Portuguese! Talk about fun.

The only recommendation of places to stay I have is Albergue San Clemente in Tui. The hospitalero there is a doll and the place is great! They have bunks for a reasonable price and also private rooms if you want to splurge. It's a place for pilgrims with lots of space to relax. Their backyard is awesome!

If you go to my FB page: RenegadePilgrim and like it, you can go back in my timeline to find my posts on the CP. It was lots of fun but also very challenging because of the route I chose to walk.

Portugal has captured my heart...maybe even more so than Spain. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ola Julie
My wife and I are starting from Lisbon, 6th of May. Walking all up to Porto.
From Porto we will take the coastal route all along the ocean to Vigo in Spain and from there we head on to Redondela and continue the interior route to Santiago.
Our caminho will not be so facilitated with albergues. More with hotels,hostals and sometimes a place on the ground at a firestation. :D
Albergues are more found at the interior route from Porto to Santiago.

I found all my information on this forum and linked websites.
If you send me a personal mail I can give you a lot of information.
I am using an Ipad mini for all my information next to John Brierly's guide All stored in PDF files

Bom caminho

Ola Julie
My wife and I are starting from Lisbon, 6th of May. Walking all up to Porto.
From Porto we will take the coastal route all along the ocean to Vigo in Spain and from there we head on to Redondela and continue the interior route to Santiago.
Our caminho will not be so facilitated with albergues. More with hotels,hostals and sometimes a place on the ground at a firestation. :D
Albergues are more found at the interior route from Porto to Santiago.

I found all my information on this forum and linked websites.
If you send me a personal mail I can give you a lot of information.
I am using an Ipad mini for all my information next to John Brierly's guide All stored in PDF files

Hi!
My friend and I are doing the Portuguese Camino now! We have managed to cut distances down to 20 oddsome kms per day. We would appreciate any help in getting from Santarem to Porto!
Thank you!

Bom caminho

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back