• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide to Camino Inglés - download or print - new maps

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola!

The Guide to this route is available in the resources section. With a great deal of help from our Moderator Miguel there are now new and very clear maps.

You can print the guide if you wish - but it is perfect when downloaded onto a smartphone. I'd be grateful for some volunteers to try this and report back.

To my knowledge this is the only donativo, downloadable guide with maps and elevation profiles which is constantly kept up to date!

Enjoy

John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wonderful! Thank you both for your efforts in keeping this excellent resource up to date and so useful!

Hola!

The Guide to this route is available in the resources section. With a great deal of help from our Moderator Miguel there are now new and very clear maps.

You can print the guide if you wish - but it is perfect when downloaded onto a smartphone. I'd be grateful for some volunteers to try this and report back.

To my knowledge this is the only donativo, downloadable guide with maps and elevation profiles which is constantly kept up to date!

Enjoy

John
Fantastic :D, thanks to you both! I did try to download it to my phone but couldn't make it happen. Maybe my phone is too old. I got it easily on my kindle but I'm not taking that because it's too heavy!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola!

The Guide to this route is available in the resources section. With a great deal of help from our former Moderator Miguel there are now new and very clear maps.

To my knowledge this is the only donativo, downloadable guide with maps andelevation profiles which is constantly kept up to date!

Enjoy

John

Hola John,
Downloaded and tried. It looks very good on the smartphone, even though it is a fairly small screen on mine. The maps are very easy to read and place names are clear to see. Thanks to you and @miguel_gp :)
A tip for others, like me, who do not usually use their smartphone to log-in to the web. Log-in on your computer/tablet and save the file, then copy it across to the phone with its usb lead.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Many thanks again John for a brilliant guide.

On a slightly different issue I note that La Vuelta (Tour of Spain) Cycle race is coming through Bentanzos, Mino and Pontedeume on Tuesday August 23rd.

Hope they stay off the Camino !!!

P.

John
many thanks for your guide book.....it is simple and excellent
I did both the A Coruña and Ferrol arms in late Aug '16....and while the waymarks on the Ferrol arm are comparable to that on the CF, the waymarks on the 1st ~ 6km out of A Coruña are infrequent, but are fine from the the point along the promenade and esp from Burgo..same as CF.
So thank you....I wasted no time coming out of A Coruña with your guide....met 2 lads in the Alberque in Sergude who lost alot of time to get to the promenade....
Plety of public transport options to get back to Ferrol - all via A Coruña - from Meson do Vento (bus or train from station a few km away)

Quick summary
Watch your drections out of A Coruña..or use John's guide to the letter
The new Alberque in Sergude on the A Coruña arm is great...clean, great facilities...and the lcoal bar/cafe down the rd was lovely & helpful for dinner
Having some spainish is almost needed .... as it is a way less travelled. And of course, also for courtesy
Last wk in Aug had about 30 or so on the rd from Ferrol..so accomodation was tight in Alberques, but plenty of other options to stay also, so no panic
The usaul comraderie and help was there from others on the road & in the evening - , and having some spainish helps
1st few days out of Ferrol - great views of sea & inlets ...and with a blue sky, just magic
Plenty of paths & old laneways through holm oak woods.....places to loose yourself
Pontedeume & Betabzos are places to linger and enjoy......old towns, plazas, cafes....
Bruma - great spot. The cafe/bar down the rd from the Albergue will make sandwitches for the next day & 1st lunch if you wish
Plenty of Fuente's along the way
Plenty of cafes with the finest con lece to give you the kick to keep going
Holy door opens at 7am in Sandiago....no queues
Get John's guide & the http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos.cfm site also good

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What is the terrain on this camino, thinking of doing it in late September, Will be busy or quiet? Thanks

What is the terrain on this camino, thinking of doing it in late September, Will be busy or quiet? Thanks
On terrain, the paths are good and directions clear. If you download the Johnny Walker Guide, it gives the profiles & maps, so you get a sense of the route - whether road side or paths.
Some walking on sides of local streets & roads a bit out of Ferrol, but the sections through parks are very enjoyable. Lovely walk along the bay through Xuvia to Neda. Leave Ferrol early & you'll get time at the beach on the way into Ponedeume. From Pontedueme mix of paths and very quite country roads - same for the next 2 stages to Bruma & to Sigueiro. Some of the paths are through arched trees & branches - places to get lost & find yourself. From Sigueiro to Santiago, allot of side of road walking - like the Frances final section.
I was there in early Sept '16 & no issue with accomodation. Stayed in Alberques as much as we could. We booked ahead for Sigueiro only.
It is very quiet compared to the Camino Frances...but easy & sociable. From memory it felt like 20 to 40 people walking each stage per day. Most of the folks we met were Spanish, so having even a few words will help. Met only a few English speakers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That's correct for the moment. If there is demand that may well change.

Hello JohnnieWalker,

I will be doing the Camino Ingles in the beginning of May (it'll be my first Camino)
I would really like to have your guidebook, especially since you have just updated it again!
But because I live in Germany there is no way I can buy it over Amazon, all I can get is a sampler of the first 5 pages.
Is there any chance to get it as a pdf?

Greetings,
Sophie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for your replies.
I got my friend in England to download it and then share it with me via kindle.

Hola!

Enjoy

John
Hi I cannot seem to find your guide to download to my phone? When I go to resources section there appears to be only 1 download able guide which is not yours. Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On terrain, the paths are good and directions clear. If you download the Johnny Walker Guide, it gives the profiles & maps, so you get a sense of the route - whether road side or paths.
Some walking on sides of local streets & roads a bit out of Ferrol, but the sections through parks are very enjoyable. Lovely walk along the bay through Xuvia to Neda. Leave Ferrol early & you'll get time at the beach on the way into Ponedeume. From Pontedueme mix of paths and very quite country roads - same for the next 2 stages to Bruma & to Sigueiro. Some of the paths are through arched trees & branches - places to get lost & find yourself. From Sigueiro to Santiago, allot of side of road walking - like the Frances final section.
I was there in early Sept '16 & no issue with accomodation. Stayed in Alberques as much as we could. We booked ahead for Sigueiro only.
It is very quiet compared to the Camino Frances...but easy & sociable. From memory it felt like 20 to 40 people walking each stage per day. Most of the folks we met were Spanish, so having even a few words will help. Met only a few English speakers

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola!

Enjoy

John
May be I am lost, but I can not find the link to the download

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The page has moved. If following the link use the drop down menu and go to shop. Then type Ingles into the search box on that page.
I cannot see how to copy and paste the new link as not doing this on my computer.

The page has moved. If following the link use the drop down menu and go to shop. Then type Ingles into the search box on that page.
I cannot see how to copy and paste the new link as not doing this on my computer.
Thank you, I have eventually found it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola!

Enjoy

John
Is this download still available. If I search forus the result is not found

Is this download still available. If I search forus the result is not found
I don't think there is a pdf version now.
For the printed copy follow the links above at post #34.
Otherwise for a 'download' style copy you need to buy the kindle version.
If you are still having problems then you could start a conversation with @JohnnieWalker

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back