Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Guide to various Camino accommodations

mikebet

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP to Pamplona (2016); Baiona to Santiago (2018); Sarria to Santiago (2018)
This showed up in my inbox the other day: https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/accommodations

It appears to be published by Correos, and from the few towns I sampled seems to be pretty comprehensive. If it is as good as it seems to be it will be a very useful tool for planning. I'd welcome some reviews from fellow peregrinos.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
Seems to be no mention of Parroquial; Donativo and other non-commercial Albergues. Perhaps not surprising as most will not accept pack-transfer deliveries. I noted the assumption that the Camino Frances starts in Sarria - though to be fair if you search say "Burgos" you get a fine list of hotels.

I think I'll stick with Brierley; Wise Pilgrim; Gronze; and, Berking.com in desperation.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
There are quite a few organizations/companies/individuals, etc. that maintain lists of albergues as guidebooks, phone apps, or stand-alone lists. The real question now is which of these can update the information efficiently post-pandemic!

I just randomly looked at the Camino Con Correos information for the VDLP. The accommodations do include albergues parroquial, but they all seem to be listed in random order, so it is very hard to use. The Albergue de Peregrinos de Alija del Infantado is included, but I thought it had closed even before Covid.

Seems to be no mention of Parroquial; Donativo and other non-commercial Albergues.
The Correos listing does include many of these, but they are all called "hostels" in the English version. So, it is sometimes hard to know what is meant. For Roncesvalles, it didn't include the albergue, which is a major omission!

For planning stages and looking at options on my phone or computer, I find that Gronze provides a very simple overview of the stages and lodging options. I also like the Brierley maps, if available for the route. For less popular routes, the local camino association combined with a hotel booking app is often the best source.

mikebet

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP to Pamplona (2016); Baiona to Santiago (2018); Sarria to Santiago (2018)
There are quite a few organizations/companies/individuals, etc. that maintain lists of albergues as guidebooks, phone apps, or stand-alone lists. The real question now is which of these can update the information efficiently post-pandemic!

I just randomly looked at the Camino Con Correos information for the VDLP. The accommodations do include albergues parroquial, but they all seem to be listed in random order, so it is very hard to use. The Albergue de Peregrinos de Alija del Infantado is included, but I thought it had closed even before Covid.

The Correos listing does include many of these, but they are all called "hostels" in the English version. So, it is sometimes hard to know what is meant. For Roncesvalles, it didn't include the albergue, which is a major omission!

For planning stages and looking at options on my phone or computer, I find that Gronze provides a very simple overview of the stages and lodging options. I also like the Brierley maps, if available for the route. For less popular routes, the local camino association combined with a hotel booking app is often the best source.
No question that Gronze is the best resource because it lists bars and coffee shops along the way as well. But I like the fact that the Correos site has pix and info on accommodations for quick reference.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads