• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guidebook needed?

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I have the Camino Madrid route on maps.me and a self-compiled spreadsheet of distances, elevation profiles, accommodations, phone numbers, prices, supermercados, opening hours of castles and notes about when there is no food in which place or when to take the road to avoid a pine forest etc
Do I need a guide?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have the Camino Madrid route on maps.me and a self-compiled spreadsheet of distances, elevation profiles, accommodations, phone numbers, prices, supermercados, opening hours of castles and notes about when there is no food in which place or when to take the road to avoid a pine forest etc
Do I need a guide?

No. :)

I have the latest CSJ guide and have added notes from blogs etc.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Kiwi-family
I agree with @jsalt
I walked last year. I had the CSJ guide on Kindle on my phone, and it has been updated since, just before Christmas. That certainly has enough to get you there and helpful in finding albergues. You often have to find the albergue under your own steam, and then find the key holder, and sometimes phone the keyholder. CSJ guide has these useful details. The route is EXTREMELY well waymarked. I don't think you would ever get lost. And the infrastructure in terms of albergues is excellent - as long as there are not too many of you in a group.
Along the entire way, in May and November, I met one Italian man and a group of five Belgian ladies. No one else.

Do I need a guide?
Hi. That sounds super organised. I wonder if you would mind sharing your spreadsheet with me? I would invite you for coffee in the village? You could pm me or call me, if you still have my number. Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi. That sounds super organised. I wonder if you would mind sharing your spreadsheet with me? I would invite you for coffee in the village? You could pm me or call me, if you still have my number. Thank you!
It would be my pleasure! I’ll be in touch.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back