• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gy to Besancon

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
Got off to a dark and early start in Gy, knowing today's temperature was going into the 80's and I didn't want to be walking all day in the hot sun.
Walked a majority of the day through the hilly forest roads with little to no cell coverage, this inconvenience was made up with adequate directional signage along the way.
After 19 miles I made it into Besancon , enjoyed great views and a celebratory sushi dinner.

Attachments

• 20230530_073726.jpg
    20230530_073726.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,327
  • 20230530_153304.jpg
    20230530_153304.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20230530_153448.jpg
    20230530_153448.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230530_193813.jpg
    20230530_193813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Switzerland soon. Have you planned your accommodation as it’s pricey over there?

@Cornedbeef - Yes, I have booked everything all way to Rome months in advance.
Even here in Besancon, getting close to the Swiss border I can see prices for many things are higher than just days in the passed.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Bob

If you are staying in Montreux have a beer on the outside terrace at the Montreux Jazz Cafe. Watch the guests traipsing across to the gardens across the road with the hotel doorman walking into the middle of the road to stop the traffic.

Saw an Indian wedding party go across to get pics as the backdrop is spectacular.

At the same time you can look at the high end cars the doorman has stopped to let the guests cross.

Wouldn’t be out of place in Rodeo Drive - except the backdrop is better.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Bob

If you need to get around Montreux, the buses are free as long as you pick up one of the "Riviera" cards from the accommodation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey thank you for the tip.
Being on that tight 90 day schedule I won't have much time other than walking, laundry, a few beers, good meal then off to bed.
I do appreciate the information though and have logged it into my itinerary.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.