• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Haikus for our Postponed Caminos

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy F.

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, CF from Lourdes 2015, CP Porto 2022
Ok, everyone. Since we all now have alot more time on our hands, let's get creative with our texting. A haiku generally has a 5-7-5 syllable format, if I remember correctly from high school back in ancient times. Here's my first attempt (drum roll, please):

Mist
Bless'ed Way of life
The early wine-y mist yearns,
Betrayed by a cough.

OK. Stop laughing. I challenge you to do better :p

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ok, everyone. Since we all now have alot more time on our hands, let's get creative with our texting. A haiku generally has a 5-7-5 syllable format, if I remember correctly from high school back in ancient times. Here's my first attempt (drum roll, please):

Mist
Bless'ed Way of life
The early wine-y mist yearns,
Betrayed by a cough.

OK. Stop laughing. I challenge you to do better :p
Covid go away
Camino virus please stay
Covid go away

I'll play, knowing I began my Camino preparations in July of 2018 for a May of 2019 journey on the Frances only to be disrupted, in a good way, by our oldest daughter's August 2018 engagement and subsequent wedding in May of 2019 setting me back to May-June 2020 then:

Camino Retrasado!

First bump the Wedding
A viral outbreak Second
Camino onward

Keep laughing!

"Worry is interest on borrowed trouble."

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I cycled the Norte solo in June 2018 and composed Haiku's to pass the time - rereading them brings back the memory of each particular time. Not good verse however:

Hard rain in my face
Wind very strong must walk downhill
Cheese and fish omelette

Arrived mid-day ish at a little bay - soaking wet - went into café and a wonderful host looked at me, turned on the fire, made me a wonderful coffee and then a large omelette with cheese and fish. Never had such a mixture before, it was wonderful. Cemented the 'love' I have for the Camino and all those people who served/supported or just showed friendship.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Herewith for the "cat" in Catheriam; Catherine in Latin.

Surprised with the rapidity this fell from my pen; maybe a syllable off here and there but ... this is me!

Camino longing
Like whining cat
Window scrabbling
At backyard bluebirds.
My son's cat was watching finches eating nuts ON YOUTUBE for 3 hours. My longing is more actual, like yours. Nice metaphor (simile? you know what I mean).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'll play, knowing I began my Camino preparations in July of 2018 for a May of 2019 journey on the Frances only to be disrupted, in a good way, by our oldest daughter's August 2018 engagement and subsequent wedding in May of 2019 setting me back to May-June 2020 then:

Camino Retrasado!

First bump the Wedding
A viral outbreak Second
Camino onward

Keep laughing!

"Worry is interest on borrowed trouble."
Upbeat, take it as it comes. I like your attitude! See you on the Camino soon.

I cycled the Norte solo in June 2018 and composed Haiku's to pass the time - rereading them brings back the memory of each particular time. Not good verse however:

Hard rain in my face
Wind very strong must walk downhill
Cheese and fish omelette

Arrived mid-day ish at a little bay - soaking wet - went into café and a wonderful host looked at me, turned on the fire, made me a wonderful coffee and then a large omelette with cheese and fish. Never had such a mixture before, it was wonderful. Cemented the 'love' I have for the Camino and all those people who served/supported or just showed friendship.
Uh, cheese & fish? I totally felt the weather you were up against in your words. Thanks for saying that the omelette was great. Please share some more.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I like the image of the Camino taking a break. You made me see the whole situation in a new light.
(I had forgotten how ANNOYING that tap-tap-tap is to me).

@Felice That was a good poem!

The Camino does NOT need more plastic bags, or any plastic.

What if we could keep the plastic to a Coronal-level even when people get back to the Camino...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Camino has be gently calling me for many years now and when my daughter announced her intention to get married in late July this year in the Pyrenees Mountains to her Spanish partner it seemed like perfect timing for my first camino. I booked tickets from Australia for 1 June to walk del Norte and gave myself two months in Spain for the walk and the wedding. What can I say.....

Still incubating
My first el Camino dreams
Galicia calls

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My son's cat was watching finches eating nuts ON YOUTUBE for 3 hours. My longing is more actual, like yours. Nice metaphor (simile? you know what I mean).
Indeed I do! As I wrote that haiku in one minute, I would now change "dreaming" to "longing". Aw, what the heck -- pilgrims who have cats know exactly what I meant! I wish I did the words to express that sound, that whispery-gargling-not-quite-mewing sound cats make when they see a bird -- and their eyes! Talk about a thousand yard stare! Back away from your darling Fluffykins; the Tigress emerges!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ooo, an assignment.
Fun!...let's all try, and there will be many good haikus, starting with @Kanga's..
I keep imagining those tiny yellow arrows (sometimes they are hard to find) on stone walls in ancient villages, still pointing west even though there are no walkers to follow them. There's probably a good haiku in there somewhere.

Faded yellow paint
Another day in the sun
Only leaves blowing past.

€83,-
I'm no good at writing haiku. But I keep imagining those tiny yellow arrows (sometimes they are hard to find) on stone walls in ancient villages, still pointing west even though there are no walkers to follow them. There's probably a good haiku in there somewhere.
Where are you hiding?
I know which way you must point...
lead me to the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back