• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Half Way!

catherinemccoy

Catherine McCoy
Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
I've been on the Camino since Sept 5th and will be moving on from Carrion de Los Condes tomorrow morning. So far been dodging the bed bugs successfully and learned a few life lessons. I update my blog pretty much everyday via my iPad. I appreciate all the help I've received from others on this forum with respect to preparation, what to expect, and so many other things.
Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for posting Catherine, and I will be reading your blog from now on..... you are giving a great picture of your journey. That memorial stone you mention- I suspect it was a man who died of a heart attack- and someone from the Forum was walking just behind him when it happened. She was later able to make contact with people who knew him, and let them know more about what happened.
Buen Camino- and I hope it starts cooling down for you a little!
Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What a wonderful thing to be walking the Camino for the first time. Everyone has their favourite stretch and the one you have ahead of you is just extraordinary. You have started on the same day I did but 12 years ago! September and October still is my favourite time to walk, (or June on the Portuguese). I think if I was asked at the end of my life: "What one experience would you like to have again?", I'd say, "that first view of the cathedral from the Plaza de Obradoiro".
¡Anima!
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
& well done from me too, a great blog too, Thank you, & yes you final verdict on your Pacerpole pl.

guess we all deserve the odd Parador & not just the last one in the kitchen staff quarters.
Thanks David

Have been following your blog with interest...I, too, am from N.S. Canada, the same age, and walked the Camino twice ('07,'09) so I felt like I was reliving it all again. Well done!

Hi Catherine!

I just finished reading your entire blog back to front. Such a wonderful account of your trip! This has literally been the best reading I've done so far (and I read this forum obsessively) as it gives your account of how you felt throughout your entire journey. Being able to read your updates on an almost daily basis was so insightful, especially in to the physical and mental aspects of the trip.

I leave in two months to start walking my own camino. Thank you so so much for the glimpse into the future :)

Joan

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Catherine,
I hope you are still checking here.
I heard a talk on the radio about memories stirring up the original feelings that came at the event you are remembering.

Your blog inspired memories, and the memories feelings. Now I am exhausted, content, peaceful, whistful. Thank you.
David, Victoria, Canada

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back