• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hamilton NZ Camino meetup

kaylfrazer

Time of past OR future Camino
Roncesvalle-SDC (2001), SJPP-SDC(2003), Le Puy - SJPP (2011)
Hola Peregrinos
This year we are planning our Camino get together for Saturday July 28, at St James' Anglican Church (82 Nixon St, Hamilton East). There has been a lot of interest recently in alternate routes, so Jo Wells will tell us of her journey along the Camino Portugese. Following this, Jo and a small panel of very recent peregrinos who have walked the Camino Frances and other routes and will answer questions about their caminos (audience participation encouraged!) . You are welcome to send me questions beforehand or wait and ask them yourself on the night.

We will start with an early shared dinner at 6.00 pm. Once again we will organise pizza, so just bring along whatever you might want to drink, along with a koha of $8 per person to cover pizza.

Feel free to pass this invitation on to anyone with an interest in the Camino de Santiago. Can you please RSVP by Thursday 26th July so we can order the pizza ahead of time and tell me if you have any special dietary preferences.
regards
Kay (kaylfrazer@hotmail.com)​
PS.. we also now have a Facebook group if you would like to be involved in Camino discussions between out annual meetings.​

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
All the best for your meeting, only ever met one fellow kiwi on the Camino. Good to hear numbers are increasing and you are looking at some of the paths less trodden.

Hola Peregrinos​
This year we are planning our Camino get together for Saturday July 28, at St James' Anglican Church (82 Nixon St, Hamilton East). There has been a lot of interest recently in alternate routes, so Jo Wells will tell us of her journey along the Camino Portugese. Following this, Jo and a small panel of very recent peregrinos who have walked the Camino Frances and other routes and will answer questions about their caminos (audience participation encouraged!) . You are welcome to send me questions beforehand or wait and ask them yourself on the night.​
We will start with an early shared dinner at 6.00 pm. Once again we will organise pizza, so just bring along whatever you might want to drink, along with a koha of $8 per person to cover pizza.​
Feel free to pass this invitation on to anyone with an interest in the Camino de Santiago. Can you please RSVP by Thursday 26th July so we can order the pizza ahead of time and tell me if you have any special dietary preferences.​
regards​

PS.. we also now have a Facebook group if you would like to be involved in Camino discussions between out annual meetings.
IWe'd like to come if we can, from Auckland though does that matter?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No problem Anamiri...we have several Aucklanders attending.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there, another Aucklander will be attending thanks. Do you mind if I bring my own dinner as I don't eat pizza. Happy to still give a koha.

Whatever works for you Ingrid.. we'll see you tomorrow!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone

Thanks everyone for a great night on Saturday. I am constantly inspired by the brave and amazing journeys that so many people have had and are willing to share with us. Thank you to our speaker Jo, our panelists Bruce and Audrey and our wonderful MC Gerald.

Brother Andrew told us about Sonya Cuff, who is raising money to be able to achieve her bucket list dream of walking the Camino with active Myeloma. We were able to make a donation to Sonya from our Koha on Saturday night.. There is still quite a way to go though before the fund closes in 2 weeks. If you are able to help further please check out the give a little page.

We now have a Facebook group if you would like to continue some of our Saturday night discussions and we'd love to hear of your caminos and any ideas for our celebration next year. Someone on Saturday noted that it was a long time between our annual meetings.. perhaps people might like to use our facebook page to organise informal coffee get togethers... just a thought!

Happy camino dreams!

Kay

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back