• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy Christmas from Zabaldika

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This was one of my favorite places on my first Camino. My second, I was walking with some others and it was not convenient to spend a night there. I won't make that mistake again.

I pray they have a blessed Christmas and new year.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I worked there as a hospitalera 2 years ago. What an incredible experience. Are you there currently?
Jenny: we were there together! And no, I am at home, in Dublin, but the community sent me their Christmas wishes. Blessings of Christmas, my prayer for you!

I had straggled into the albergue late in the afternoon, having a latish start from Roncesvalles.

One of the Sacred Heart sisters did the rounds, discovered my home town and said they had a house there and then invited me to contribute to the sharing session after the late night prayers in the adjoining small village church. That done the sister asked the gathered community if they had any questions of me. What these "youngsters" wanted to know was simple: for a near geriatric, why was I fast than them coming over the hill from Saint Jean the day before. I apologised to the sister before taking the time to answer.

The albergue was also grand, looking very fresh in early May 2016.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I stayed at the albergue in Zabaldika in the autumn of 2015. The hospitaleros were amazing: she cooked a wonderful dinner and he prepared breakfast, but what I remember from him was a wonderful religious song which he sang in Old Irish as his contribution to the common worship. I didn't understand a word of it, but I understood the prayer, which made me briefly homesick for Dublin, where I studied years earlier. The hospitaleros were a married couple from Cork. I met them again the next year, volunteering at the albergue in Nahera, where I volunteered last year. You can make wonderful connections on camino.

Brr! Best wishes from the community in Zabaldika...

View attachment 89530
Oh, we stopped off here for a break, in May 2019. Someone recommended we visit and ring the bell. What a wonderful, peace filled place. I wish I'd been able to stay. I still have the paper with the Pilgrim Beatitudes. Next time .....
Feliz Navidad to all in Zabaldika

Oh, we stopped off here for a break, in May 2019. Someone recommended we visit and ring the bell. What a wonderful, peace filled place. I wish I'd been able to stay. I still have the paper with the Pilgrim Beatitudes. Next time .....
Feliz Navidad to all in Zabaldika
I also visited in May 2019, rang the bell and stayed the night. It was great!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stopped to visit and pray in the church on my 2014 Camino. Met Sr. Marisol. She helped me make a very significant life decision. In my mind's eye, I am often back in that beautiful and historic church, sharing with Sr. Marisol and very aware of the Spirit's presence.

Christmas peace and blessings to all of you and the Zabaldika community.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stopped to visit and pray in the church on my 2014 Camino. Met Sr. Marisol. She helped me make a very significant life decision. In my mind's eye, I am often back in that beautiful and historic church, sharing with Sr. Marisol and very aware of the Spirit's presence.

Christmas peace and blessings to all of you and the Zabaldika community.
I will send on your message to Marisol.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back