• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy Christmas.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wishing Ivar, all the staff and all the Members a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Trouble free New Year. Go safely on your Caminos and hopefully our paths might cross in 2016.

View attachment 22813

PS. This is my letter to Santa for this year. :):)

View attachment 22815

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. "

May your backpack be light,
Your feet be happy,
Your water be cool, and
Your path be enlightened in 2016.

May every step you take lead you to happiness in the new year.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Best wishes to Ivar and the moderators, and all the members of this forum, for a Merry Christmas and enjoyable holiday season.

May your next Camino take you on a path not taken, to places undiscovered, in body, mind and spirit.

All the very best for 2016!

Xmas 2015.JPG

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
May the road rise with you,
and the wind be always at your back...
And may the good Lord hold you
in the hollow of his hand.

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy this photo of our Ivar!

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Seasons greetings to you all. The wheel turns, She becomes Mother again and the sun (Son) is re-born. We gather in our families, our tribes and our clans. We feast and and exchange gifts. We toast the future and our hopes. The days grow longer and we celebrate the light to come.

I hope most of this sounds familiar. ;)

For any inclined to join me in Wassail: put a poker to the fire till it burns cherry-red; take good strong ale; mix honey, salt and toasted bread and add them to the ale. Fill a pewter mug and plunge the poker in. Drink. Be glad for you are alive at the turn of the year.

My honest prayer: that Yule all have the very best of christmases.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Merry Christmas wayfarer and everyone else on the forum have a peaceful time, and good health to all in the new year as you plan your camino's:)

As one who is planning her first Camino for April-June 2016, I'm so grateful to all of you for giving me a sense of what the Camino is all about, how to plan, and how to then let it flow.

Merry Christmas and a Buen New Year to all of you!
Priscilla

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As one who is planning her first Camino for April-June 2016, I'm so grateful to all of you for giving me a sense of what the Camino is all about, how to plan, and how to then let it flow.

Merry Christmas and a Buen New Year to all of you!
Priscilla
Hi Priscilla, wish you all the best and a happy Christmas and ofcourse a great new year to. Peter.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
To all who take the paths less travelled and those journeying on healing ways...
Season's Greetings and Buen Camino

Thank you to everyone for your wisdom, poetry, laughter, support and the act of just witnessing by walking with each other.

WINTER HARVEST

But no matter the medicinal virtues of being a true friend
or sustaining a long close relationship with another,
the ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement,
neither of the other nor of the self,
the ultimate touchstone is witness,
the privilege of having been seen by someone and
the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another,
to have walked with them and to have believed in them,
and sometimes just to have accompanied them,
for however brief a span,
on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.

from CONSOLATIONS: The Solace, Nourishment & Underlying Meaning of Everyday Words

feliz_navidad.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
And a very happy Christmas to you and your's!

I add my Christmas Greetings to the others on this thread! In my home village 60+ years ago, there was a tradition of the children visiting homes just after daybreak on Christmas morning. The ditty they (we) sang ran something like this:--

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year,
A pocket full of money and a cellar full of beer.
A good fat pig,
A new calven coo,
Good maister and mistress how do you do!
Please have you anything for the Lucky Birds.

Those were the days when life was harder, but seemingly more straight forward!

A Blessing for all our Camino Friends this Christmas:)

Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Breton St James Association HERE with a Breton Christmas Carol

Théo
Thank you so much for that Theo. Simply beautiful. :)

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and the Breton Association too.

May this new year bring you peace and tranquility, and as you walk your path may it bring you contentment.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves
as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language.
Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now,
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is, to live everything.
Live the questions now.
Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
R. M. Rilke.

Wishing Ivar, all the staff and all the Members a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Trouble free New Year. Go safely on your Caminos and hopefully our paths might cross in 2016.

View attachment 22813

PS. This is my letter to Santa for this year. :):)

View attachment 22815
Merry Christmas wayfarer and Merry Christmas to all my fellow peregrinos
Buen Caminos

Happy Trails

PS. To late on the PS. ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
To you All, thank you for being who you are. This mythic day signifies that a light is in the world, it is not all darkness, and we are not alone.

A Happy Christmas to you All - in your hearts, and in your homes, Peace.

David xx

p.s. This my cheapskate home-made Christmas card - meant to bring a smile, not to offend xx

Nap's Cheapskate 2015 Christmas Card (600 x 545).jpg

And a Christmas Song for you - Enjoy! xx

Last edited:
Merry Christmas from Preston, Lancashire; self-appointed 'City of Enchantment'. (????!!!!)

"May your days be merry and bright
And may all your packing lists be light."

God bless!

Merry Christmas from NZ! It's 9pm here now so nearly over - best wishes to those whose day is just starting! Thank you forum friends for all your help and wisdom this year, and may 2016 be a wonderful Camino year for you, whether or not you are walking!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back