• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy Easter pilgrims

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Frances 2013-Ingles 2014-Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017-Via Francigena 2018 & 2019
Lenten fast is over we celebrate the risen life how are you going to celebrate this very special time for pilgrims? Example :Any one got a lovely dark chocolate egg to roll ooh so love chocolate but must not eat too much! ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Happy Easter everyone, Prayers for all the excited soon-to-be pilgrims at this time of year (including myself!:)) and for those celebrating Easter on the Camino.

May the Easter Bunny....do whatever Easter Bunnies are supposed to do. (But maybe not in the house.) :confused:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Happy Easter everyone, Prayers for all the excited soon-to-be pilgrims at this time of year (including myself!:)) and for those celebrating Easter on the Camino.

May the Easter Bunny....do whatever Easter Bunnies are supposed to do. (But maybe not in the house.) :confused:

Not too many "Camino Easter White bunnies" this year though eh tyrrek . Let us hope they take their time to savour their blessings on Camino. Happy Easter to you :)
Happy Easter to you too wayfarer :) and dytzs pilgrim not to much cream remember those extra pounds to carry on Camino. Happy Easter ;)

Last edited:
Happy Easter, yeah Lent is over, my rucksack is packed full of once illicit items, a cold outdoor dawn service and pilgrim breakfast completed at my parish church, I'm now just parked up and about to walk around Windsor Great Park with the dog hoping not to wake any deer up a we walk past as I can see they are all laying down in the distance, after a quick wave to HM the Queen leaving church around midday then continue as we have a 22mile route planned today.:)
1 week till the Camino starts for me!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hoy es el día en el que los "padrinos" llevamos el "bollo" a nuestros "ahijados". En mi caso es una sobrina nacida el año pasado. El pasado domingo, domingo de ramos, ella me trajo el "ramo", que previamente había ido a bendecir en la misa del domingo de ramos.
En la foto se ve el ramo que me trajo mi ahijada y el "bollo de pascua" que le voy a llevar envuelto. Se ve al lado un bollo empezado que mi madre hizo a la vez que el otro para desayunar estos días.
No sé si en otros paises hay una tradición parecida.

Today is the day that the "godfathers" took the "bun" our "godchildren." In my case it is a niece born last year. Last Sunday, Palm Sunday, she brought me the "bouquet", which had previously gone to bless at Mass on Palm Sunday.
Pictured is the bouquet I brought my goddaughter and "Easter bun" I am going to bring wrapped. It looks really begun a bun my mother made while the other for breakfast these days.
Do not know if there is a similar tradition in other countries.

IMAG1499_zpsdf049299.jpg

IMAG1504_zps214047b4.jpg

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Happy Easter to you all. What a experience to be on the Camino, God's journey, for Easter. You are all blesses. I will be out there retracing your steps this September.
Buen Camino and Happy Easter

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all, whether religious or not religious ... this is a special time for all. As we all know, Christian Easter was overlaid onto pagan religions with their fertility Spring rebirth rituals - which is why you get eggs and rabbits of course - but this is not a 'fault' in Christianity, only an absorption of the old traditions into the new, therefore, whether you are Christian or not it is an inclusive story, all are welcome - so, a Happy Easter to you all

I am rather serious about the whole Jesus/Yeshua thing but I also have a sense of the ridiculous - this is an Australian comic sketch about the final Passover meal.

please do not watch it if easily offended

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
harrods egg small photo.jpg Izzy with egg remains.jpg
Lenten fast is over we celebrate the risen life how are you going to celebrate this very special time for pilgrims? Example :Any one got a lovely dark chocolate egg to roll ooh so love chocolate but must not eat too much! ;)

Hi pilgrim b - this year it was a privilege for me to observe all the Lenten and Easter traditions - from Pancake Day, to giving up alcohol during Lent, and finally to attending Vigil Mass at Mary Help of Christians Church at Culburra Beach on the NSW South Coast.

I had a traumatic experience in London back in February involving chocolate (see photo 1 above - the sight and price, £1,149, of this totally 'eggstravagant' egg totally blew away any desire to eat any of the stuff for yonks), so my Easter egg this year was a very modest dark chocolate and blood orange egg (see photo 2 above, which I have given a title to - "Easter Egg Remains With Unimpressed Cat"). Sadly, it's too late for me to roll this delicious egg your way pilgrim b, but I can still send you my best wishes! I hope your Easter was a happy and holy one. Cheers - Jenny

Was there any nice dark chocolates' inside what fillings were they and …………………….?
Happy Easter Jenny, have a nice bottle of that red nectar you so desired during lent and drink it slowly. May you be blessed in the coming year with much happiness and thank you for being a Forum pilgrim friend too.
Talking of which, may I take this opportunity on behalf of us all to thank Ivar who has been everyone's pilgrim friend and wish him a very special "Happy Easter Ivar with all our blessings." :) :):):):):):):)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Was there any nice dark chocolates' inside what fillings were they and …………………….?
Happy Easter Jenny, have a nice bottle of that red nectar you so desired during lent and drink it slowly. May you be blessed in the coming year with much happiness and thank you for being a Forum pilgrim friend too.
Talking of which, may I take this opportunity on behalf of us all to thank Ivar who has been everyone's pilgrim friend and wish him a very special "Happy Easter Ivar with all our blessings." :) :):):):):):):)

Hi pilgrim b - I'm pacing myself with the nice bottle of red after being 'out of training' for so long! How is it with you and your beloved G&T's?
No chocolates inside the shattered egg sadly but it really is delicious. Pacing myself there too.
Every blessing to you and peregrina b for the coming year - health and happiness to you both.
I echo your comment thanking Ivar - how blessed we all are to have the Forum.
Cheers - your pilgrim mate -
Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Otra tradición, esta vez de Pola de Siero, por donde pasa el camino de Santiago en su transición desde el Camino del Norte hacia el Camino Primitivo. El martes siguiente al domingo de Pascua se celebra la fiesta de los "Huevos Pintos".

Another tradition, this time from Pola de Siero, through which the road to Santiago in their transition from Camino del Norte towards Camino Primitivo. The following Easter Sunday feast of Tuesday "Huevos Pintos" is celebrated.

https://www.google.es/search?q=huev...it0QW5tYHoBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1064&bih=880

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back