A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Happy Father's Day to All You Camino Daddies!

Camino Badges

marylynn

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
2011-12-14-15-16-17-18-(19) CF
2013 Arles/Aragones
2015 & 2017 HærvejenDK
In hind sight, that may have appeared snarkier than intended. Not my intent.
Not snarky - informative. I was surprised one year on the Camino to learn that Spain and other countries also celebrated Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, not just North Americans.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
It didn't sound snarky to me. I am an expat living in Mexico. It is interesting Father's Day is today. (My older daughter called already I know my little one is still sleeping as she is 2 hours behind me). Mother's Day is always May 10th and most schools are closed that day too. No conclusions drawn just interesting.

gollygolly

Camino(s) past & future
2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
'I was surprised one year on the Camino to learn that Spain and other countries also celebrated Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, not just North Americans.'

'Mother's Day' is celebrated on the first Sunday of May in Spain, while in the UK it is celebrated on the 4th Sunday during Lent. Originally the event had nothing to do with mothers but was a day for Christians to visit their "mother" church, when people who had left their birthplace village or town would return and worship with their families.

'Father's Day' is always celebrated on the 19th March in Spain, irrespective of which day of the week it falls. In the US and the UK - and apparently in a total of 90 countries, 'Father's Day' is the 3rd Sunday in June. In Spain, the 19th March is the Día de San Jose, which is the day to celebrate the life of St. Joseph, father of Jesus, and husband to the Virgin Mary.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%