• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy New Year on the Meseta

Gumba

Time of past OR future Camino
Winter CF2018 Winter CF2019-20
Started out at --4, at 8.30am still -1 at midday. Sunny and just a tiny hint of wind. Wishing safety and care to my fellow Australians at this time. May you, your friends and your loved ones be safe. It's a bit cooler over here xo. 11 of us at the albergue last night. We are bumping into 5-12 pilgrims daily, some same, some different. Happy New Year my forum friends (and apologies if pics are too big

Attachments

• 20200101_085527.jpg
    20200101_085527.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 301
  • 20200101_095651.jpg
    20200101_095651.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Started out at --4, at 8.30am still -1 at midday. Sunny and just a tiny hint of wind. Wishing safety and care to my fellow Australians at this time. May you, your friends and your loved ones be safe. It's a bit cooler over hear xo. 11 of us at the albergue last night. We are bumping into 5-12 pilgrims daily, some same, some different. Happy New Year my forum friends (and apologies if pics are too big
To Gumba,Ivar and all the Peregrinos Very Happy and Peaceful New year.

Started out at --4, at 8.30am still -1 at midday. Sunny and just a tiny hint of wind. Wishing safety and care to my fellow Australians at this time. May you, your friends and your loved ones be safe. It's a bit cooler over hear xo. 11 of us at the albergue last night. We are bumping into 5-12 pilgrims daily, some same, some different. Happy New Year my forum friends (and apologies if pics are too big

Wow... it looks so beautiful! I am beginning to think January/February isn't such a bad time to walk!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Started out at --4, at 8.30am still -1 at midday. Sunny and just a tiny hint of wind. Wishing safety and care to my fellow Australians at this time. May you, your friends and your loved ones be safe. It's a bit cooler over here xo. 11 of us at the albergue last night. We are bumping into 5-12 pilgrims daily, some same, some different. Happy New Year my forum friends (and apologies if pics are too big
Wow. Love these photos and love the meseta!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Brave souls, may the Camino keep you warm inside. Spectacular views of frosty Meseta. It looks like somewhere between Castrojeriz and Boadilla del Camino, but I'm not sure.

Brave souls, may the Camino keep you warm inside. Spectacular views of frosty Meseta. It looks like somewhere between Castrojeriz and Boadilla del Camino, but I'm not sure.
Close, just out of Hornillos, and thank you. It doesnt take long to warm up. We had another frosty start and beautiful day today

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow they are wonderful pictures all the best and be safe very envious .
Im sat at my desk staring at them and just wishing i was there keep warm .

Happy and Hopeful New Year to you Gumba and your family. The Meseta looks gorgeous and the peace and tranquility of those practically empty paths must be wonderful.
Thanks too for your good wishes for your fellow Aussies in bushfire-affected areas and those areas threatened by the bushfires.
Buen Winter Camino and cheers from Oz -
Jenny

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Gorgeous pics! You must be having a wonderful time too! Happy New Year to you too and Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We arrived today, yay! We were numbers 29-32. There was a group of about 6 that came after us and I know of 5 others not far behind.

Was surprised at what little was open, especially in terms of bars for food and coffee from Sarria onwards - expected closures earlier but not so much from Sarria. Had to do a number of 30+km days due to albergue closures which is why we were a little faster plus we skipped O Cebreiro due to no fuel in the tank and shoulder injuries (pre existing)
So sore! Turning the alarm off and sleeping for 24 hrs :)

We swore we would never do it again. That was the time before this walk. We have sworn again that we are not coming back.

What do you think, Portuguese or Norte?????

We arrived today, yay!

Wow that was fast👏👏👏 Very well done on a great achievement but sorry that the poor shoulder is so unhappy🙄 Surprised to hear of scarcity of open albergues/bars from Sarria though...starting there on Saturday and was looking forward to numerous fuel stops daily. But good to know in advance. Enjoy your well earned rest in Santiago!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes Corelacka, a couple of days we had very late lunches!!! May I suggest you pack fruit, bars or other snacks for 'just in case'.

Safe travels, hope you have amazing weather too.

Footnotes, we had sunny weather almost the entire Way, perhaps 2 days of drizzle and a couple of days with high wind. Today on our relaxing day pc (post Camino) it's raining outside...

Yes Corelacka, a couple of days we had very late lunches!!! May I suggest you pack fruit, bars or other snacks for 'just in case'.
Thanks a mil for that suggestion Gumba!! Delighted that you were so lucky with the weather, am crossing my fingers I will be too. Enjoy your PC time...in the rain ☔

You are welcome. You will be fine with albergues, especially municipals, just a lot of the in-between places. We lashed out and stayed in private rooms in albergue and pensions, don't be too worried. Also, we are very slow walkers lol, so you will probably arrive at the destinations a couple of hours before us lol and therefore not need as many cafe con leche a stops as us!!!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations to all of you,well done.Now in Santiago you can have the nice empanada with Albariño.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.