• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy Shavuot-Pentecost-Whit Sunday as You Wish

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Greetings from Jerusalem! Today we are celebrating Shavuot better known in the Christian world as Pentecost - 49/50 days since Passover/Easter. Shavuot is one of the three required pilgrimages in Biblical times, still observed in a modified form. The holiday of wheat and milk. The first Christian Pentecost was celebrated here in Jerusalem traditionally in a building known as the Cenacle - still in existence 1590680008940.png I wish you all a very happy celebration on Sunday and just to round things off ecumencially, our Muslim brethren count the 50 days since about Shavuot to Pentecost and this period is known as 'Hamsin' (50) the 50 days of crazy weather as summer slips in past winter and spring with days of overbearing great heat, dust storms, unseasonal rain and yes we have seen it all this year! Stay healthy!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In Rome on Pentecost Sunday, rose petals are dropped through the roof of the Pantheon. I was lucky enough to see it way back in 2007 and it really is quite amazing!

2235052279_6fb7cc2459_o.JPG

This year the liturgy will be live streamed (edit: without rose petals) on Sunday at 10am CET (that's 9am UK/Portugal, 4am US EST, 6pm AEST):
Pentecost at the Pantheon: liturgy behind closed doors in live streaming

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Did you note the rose petals will NOT be dropped this year?

Sadly, no rose petals. Wish they would do it and livestream it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Shavuot is the Jewish holiday that celebrates the giving of Torah at Mt Sinai. It’s joyous with all night study of Torah, eating dairy -based food(think cheese cake) and in my community, great “sermon slams” by rabbinical students. Lots of fun!

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back