Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino @Harminia on the Invierno!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen camino, @HARMINIA. There’s a big Invierno fan club here on the forum, so if you are so inclined, feel free to post here with lots of updates. :p

Are you spending the night in Santalla del Bierzo? Gronze doesn‘t show any accommodation, so any info you have would really help future pilgrims.

I see that Escapada Rural lists one casa rural there, but it seems to be for whole house rental only.

And that is one lovely picture, taken, I believe not far from the turnoff marker from the Francés.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Is it true that the Casa Rural Cornatel is rented only for several days at a time?
Casa Rural Cornatel is in Villavieja. I have met the owner, a very nice guy, and he indicated a few years ago that he was not interested in renting to pilgrims. He was at the time working on a second casa rural across the road and he took me on a tour of both places. So people staying in Villavieja will have to use the albergue, which seems to be quite nice.

Buen camino, @HARMINIA. There’s a big Invierno fan club here on the forum, so if you are so inclined, feel free to post here with lots of updates. :p

Are you spending the night in Santalla del Bierzo? Gronze doesn‘t show any accommodation, so any info you have would really help future pilgrims.

I see that Escapada Rural lists one casa rural there, but it seems to be for whole house rental only.

And that is one lovely picture, taken, I believe not far from the turnoff marker from the Francés.

I wanted a slow start and found at AirBNB: Guty . A private room. Because there is no Bar or restaurant in Santalla, she served me Comida and Cena and a lot more. A very friendly woman. Casa amarillo is hers.

Attachments

• 20220312_111142.jpg
    20220312_111142.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • 20220312_115330.jpg
    20220312_115330.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 20220312_135605.jpg
    20220312_135605.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 55
I wanted a slow start and found at AirBNB: Guty . A private room. Because there is no Bar or restaurant in Santalla, she server me Comida and Cena and a lot more. A very friendly woman. Casa amarillo is hers.
I stayed here last summer and agree that Guty is so kind and generous.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your journey, Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Invierno branches off the Camino Francés in Ponferrada. It’s about 50 km longer than Ponferrada to Santiago on the Camino Francés, (Ponferrada is about 200 km from Santiago) and it is one magnificent camino.
Thank you for that , it's an extra two days then I bear that in mind near to Ponferrada and see about branching off , it be something different ..

It is the Camino from Ponferrada to SdC. From The Netherlands I fles to SdC and took the train to Pf. And started!
Have a lovely time and experience , when I start next week from St Jean I keep an open mind in whether I should branch off and experience the route .
Buen Camino

Thank you for that , it's an extra two days then I bear that in mind near to Ponferrada and see about branching off , it be something different ..
Since the only place I ever proselytize is here on the forum, I will throw out the suggestion that you take a look at the forum-produced guide that we did for so many years when the Invierno was really untraveled. Now that Brierley has a guide and the Xunta has spent millions of euros promoting it, the guide may be less important but it is still a great resource.

One factoid that shows you how much things have changed is to look at the number of albergues that have opened since our last update. Rodeiro, Chantada, Monforte, Lalín, Puente Domingo Flórez, and soon to open in Pobra de Brollón and Diomondi. And that’s just off the top of my head.

And woo hoo, where is @HARMINIA?!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Marzo 14. Las Medulas - Puente Domingo Florez. + detour las Pedreces. Everything is closed at 08.00 in the morning. The Hotelowner was so kind to make a Coffee for me. Beautiful descent. Niece views at Pedreces. Too much fog to continue the detour until Orellon. Beautiful big trees, prosperous smelling niece.

I stop geving information, sorry. It too complicaties for me at this site. There are no albergues open yet. I manage with pensions and small hotels. Pictures uploaden takes hours.
So I say goodbye to you all. I am having a great Camino. You can find me at Facebook.

[Edited to remove email address]

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Since the only place I ever proselytize is here on the forum, I will throw out the suggestion that you take a look at the forum-produced guide that we did for so many years when the Invierno was really untraveled. Now that Brierley has a guide and the Xunta has spent millions of euros promoting it, the guide may be less important but it is still a great resource.

One factoid that shows you how much things have changed is to look at the number of albergues that have opened since our last update. Rodeiro, Chantada, Monforte, Lalín, Puente Domingo Flórez, and soon to open in Pobra de Brollón and Diomondi. And that’s just off the top of my head.

Thank you for the info I have downloaded the info and will look into it over the weekend when I have more time to study it ..

I found John Brierley's book on the Invierno at s local bookshop on line in town so I look on Friday when I am there and it will go with his other guide book on the Frances which I will be following, cannot order it with Ivan as it would not get to me before I leave in 9 days time ..thank you once more

I ordered the guide book just incase I want to go on the Invierno route..have to see closer to the time and find out what alberques are open seems none are open just yet

Not sure which albergues you are talking about, @cardifflad52 — I think all of the private albergues, except for the one in Médulas, are open, and I think the public ones are too!
I keep the forum posted when I start out next week on the daily live feed ...hopefully the merrell mqm flex 2 which is my preferred walking footwear will see me through..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back