A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Has any one flown out of Burgos?

Denisealldridge

Camino Frances 2014- 2015 Camino Portuguese 2017
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014 first half
2015 Camino Frances Completed -
Camino Portuguese 2017.
Hi,

As usual I am short for time so I can only walk to Burgos. I know there is a airpot there and it looks like I can get a flight to London. I have not heard any one on different threads flying from this airport . Just wondering if nay one has. It would make life easier if I could leave from there. thank you for your help.
Denise

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
As far as I know it is a very small airport with only a Barcelona destination.
Also heard rumours airport was closed?
Think train or bus will be a better solution for you

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Frances
(2018) Portuguese/Coastal Sept
(2019) Via de la Plata - Seville to Santiago May
Just did a quick search on British air and Expedia. No flights. Airport seems open based on website but very limited flights.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Burgos, Camino Frances (2012 - 2018)
Iberia fly from Burgos to Barcelona on Mon, Wed and Fri starting from 1 June. Flights leave at 16:25, arriving Barcelona 17:35, cost £63 with hold luggage. Plenty of connecting flights to London. This seems to be the only commercial flight from Burgos.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte

jim-459

Camino(s) past & future
September 2014
Hi,

As usual I am short for time so I can only walk to Burgos. I know there is a airpot there and it looks like I can get a flight to London. I have not heard any one on different threads flying from this airport . Just wondering if nay one has. It would make life easier if I could leave from there. thank you for your help.
Denise
I flew from Bilbao to Manchester with Easyjet. Easyjet fly into London Stansted from Bilbao.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Burgos, Camino Frances (2012 - 2018)
Burgos to Madrid is only a couple of hours by bus and a good percentage go straight to airport
This is very true. Burgos bus station is much more convenient than the airport and, as Rich says, many buses go direct to Madrid airport. I took this option last month, comfortable seat, journey time about 2h 25m, cost €23.75, arrived at Terminal 4, took free shuttlebus to Terminal 1 for flight to Gatwick. Good idea to book in advance through ALSA website.

Denisealldridge

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2017.
Burgos to Madrid is only a couple of hours by bus and a good percentage go straight to airport
I was hoping to not do too many stops. I have looked and there are flights from Burgos to Gatwick, but looking on the forum no one seems to use the airport so I was wondering why. Thank you for reply.

Denisealldridge

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2017.
This is very true. Burgos bus station is much more convenient than the airport and, as Rich says, many buses go direct to Madrid airport. I took this option last month, comfortable seat, journey time about 2h 25m, cost €23.75, arrived at Terminal 4, took free shuttlebus to Terminal 1 for flight to Gatwick. Good idea to book in advance through ALSA website.
thank you, as to my previous reply I was just hoping to not have three different journeys. But I feel like it may have to be.

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
I was hoping to not do too many stops. I have looked and there are flights from Burgos to Gatwick, but looking on the forum no one seems to use the airport so I was wondering why. Thank you for reply.
Are those flights direct? I only see that there is one flight from Burgos, and that's to Barcelona, where you can transfer to a flight to Gatwick.

Camino(s) past & future
I have walked from SJPP to Burgos in 2017
Will begin Burgos to Compostela in May of 2018
I wish we could fly into Burgos. I'm flying into Madrid to take a 2.5 hour train to Burgos, otherwise it would cut off an extra travel day for me.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Just wondering if any one has.
Last year there were only 5,933 passengers using the Burgos airport, an increase of 26.7% from 2016. That is barely over 100 per week, or two bus loads (arriving and departing, by the way), and they all were to or from Barcelona. For comparison, over 53 million used Madrid. For all intents and purposes, air travel to Burgos is dead!!:(

Denisealldridge

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2017.
Are those flights direct? I only see that there is one flight from Burgos, and that's to Barcelona, where you can transfer to a flight to Gatwick.
No not direct but not too bad. Burgos to Barcelona .. 1.5 lay over and then flight to Gatwick. So not too bad, I can fly out 4.25pm and arrive in London at 8.30pm. Stay the night and fly back to Vancouver following day. So not bad, so it can be done. There is no way around it, it just takes time to get out of where you end up. :)

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%