• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has any one flown out of Burgos?

Denisealldridge

Camino Frances 2014- 2015 Camino Portuguese 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014 first half
2015 Camino Frances Completed -
Camino Portuguese 2017.
Hi,

As usual I am short for time so I can only walk to Burgos. I know there is a airpot there and it looks like I can get a flight to London. I have not heard any one on different threads flying from this airport . Just wondering if nay one has. It would make life easier if I could leave from there. thank you for your help.
Denise

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As far as I know it is a very small airport with only a Barcelona destination.
Also heard rumours airport was closed?
Think train or bus will be a better solution for you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Iberia fly from Burgos to Barcelona on Mon, Wed and Fri starting from 1 June. Flights leave at 16:25, arriving Barcelona 17:35, cost £63 with hold luggage. Plenty of connecting flights to London. This seems to be the only commercial flight from Burgos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

As usual I am short for time so I can only walk to Burgos. I know there is a airpot there and it looks like I can get a flight to London. I have not heard any one on different threads flying from this airport . Just wondering if nay one has. It would make life easier if I could leave from there. thank you for your help.
Denise
I flew from Bilbao to Manchester with Easyjet. Easyjet fly into London Stansted from Bilbao.

Burgos to Madrid is only a couple of hours by bus and a good percentage go straight to airport

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Burgos to Madrid is only a couple of hours by bus and a good percentage go straight to airport
This is very true. Burgos bus station is much more convenient than the airport and, as Rich says, many buses go direct to Madrid airport. I took this option last month, comfortable seat, journey time about 2h 25m, cost €23.75, arrived at Terminal 4, took free shuttlebus to Terminal 1 for flight to Gatwick. Good idea to book in advance through ALSA website.

I was hoping to not do too many stops. I have looked and there are flights from Burgos to Gatwick, but looking on the forum no one seems to use the airport so I was wondering why. Thank you for reply.

This is very true. Burgos bus station is much more convenient than the airport and, as Rich says, many buses go direct to Madrid airport. I took this option last month, comfortable seat, journey time about 2h 25m, cost €23.75, arrived at Terminal 4, took free shuttlebus to Terminal 1 for flight to Gatwick. Good idea to book in advance through ALSA website.
thank you, as to my previous reply I was just hoping to not have three different journeys. But I feel like it may have to be.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was hoping to not do too many stops. I have looked and there are flights from Burgos to Gatwick, but looking on the forum no one seems to use the airport so I was wondering why. Thank you for reply.
Are those flights direct? I only see that there is one flight from Burgos, and that's to Barcelona, where you can transfer to a flight to Gatwick.

I wish we could fly into Burgos. I'm flying into Madrid to take a 2.5 hour train to Burgos, otherwise it would cut off an extra travel day for me.

We flew out of Bilbao, a short bus ride from Burgos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just wondering if any one has.
Last year there were only 5,933 passengers using the Burgos airport, an increase of 26.7% from 2016. That is barely over 100 per week, or two bus loads (arriving and departing, by the way), and they all were to or from Barcelona. For comparison, over 53 million used Madrid. For all intents and purposes, air travel to Burgos is dead!!:(

Are those flights direct? I only see that there is one flight from Burgos, and that's to Barcelona, where you can transfer to a flight to Gatwick.
No not direct but not too bad. Burgos to Barcelona .. 1.5 lay over and then flight to Gatwick. So not too bad, I can fly out 4.25pm and arrive in London at 8.30pm. Stay the night and fly back to Vancouver following day. So not bad, so it can be done. There is no way around it, it just takes time to get out of where you end up. :)

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back