• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone booked an extra seat/item seat for their rucksack on Ryanair?

Helen1

Time of past OR future Camino
London to Santiago (2014)
Narbonne to Oloron (2015)
Camino Portugues (2016)
Sentier Cathar (2017)
I'm not planning on doing this but I'm curious to know if anyone has booked an extra seat on Ryanair for their rucksack? Had a search of the forum but didn't spot anything.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/usefu...ed-to-book-an-extra-seat-for-my-wedding-dress

Just wondered if anyone had tried? The flight I am looking at is £15 so booking an extra seat would actually work out cheaper than checking the bag - unfortunately I can't fit a bike into a seat so it won't work for me!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Not on Ryan Air. However roughly 40 years ago on a night JAL over-the-pole flight from NYC to Toyko the seat next mine was booked for/occupied by a very large stuffed toy giraffe. Bought at FAO Schwartz, then the most famous US toy store, by the Japanese diplomat sitting across the aisle as a surprise "little souvenir" for his baby son in Osaka.....We all enjoyed a memorable night flight.

.... which reminds me of the story of the largish gentleman who booked two economy class tickets so he could enjoy a little more comfort. To his dismay he found the seats were allocated in different rows!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Several years ago I read an article where a flight attendant was commenting about all the different things that passengers would bring on a plane. "People will bring anything. I have seen a number of wedding dresses, paintings and even a tuba."

I happen to be the person who has purchased a number of tickets for a full size tuba for when my son flies with his instrument.

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi to all,

Now being Irish, I remember a time when it cost me near £400 return Dublin to London with Aer Lingus. BA had a similar fair, I am a defender of Ryanair--but would not like to work for them. You don't fly Ryanair for the welcome but remember that breakfast on Aer Lingus or BA was the most expensive meal you ever had. To book a Ryanair seat you need a passport. Assuming your bag will not have one, you will not get past the booking page. I have the same issue with walking sticks. I reckon it is cheeper to buy them in SJDP rather than pay for them in the hole.

BC

Hi i booked a seat and extra bag for my flight to Madrid,Seat 3 Euro,bag 6 euro, if you dont they put your bag in the hold as you are boarding, i booked the cheapest seat so that i can print my boarding card 60 days in advance, no hassle with my return flight

To book a Ryanair seat you need a passport. Assuming your bag will not have one, you will not get past the booking page.
Ryanair's procedure is actually explained in the link for the wedding dress: you have to enter ITEM SEAT as the Last Name and EXTRA as the First Name for your additional item and the boarding card will be issued in the name of EXTRA ITEM SEAT. Thank you, @Helen1, you have opened a new world of travelling for me. :cool:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back