• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone seen/heard from this pilgrim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Metropolly

Some time ago a forum member going by the name Mrs DD set off from St Jean Pied de Port. She was raising money for a cancer charity, having lost her husband to the illness. She updated her fundraising page only twice, the second being an account of a very worrying turn of events. That was several weeks ago and since then I can find no trace of her. I know there has been some strong discussion about trying to find 'missing' pilgrims, but I have reason to worry about this one, who was starting out with more than the usual number of obstacles to overcome. Without wanting to give away her identity on a public forum, I can describe her as a small and very talkative woman, aged 45, from London, with long blonde hair, carrying a huge backpack with a tent in it. Her story touched many hearts and I'd be grateful for any information on her wellbeing

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anything since then? Does anyone recognise her from this video? I just hope all is well

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Oh my goodness. I watched the video and can well see why you are concerned. She no longer has her backpack and doesn't seem to be well oriented. I pray you connect with her soon and nothing has happened to her.

"She no longer has her backpack and doesn't seem to be well oriented.
It was her backpack cover she lost.

Ok, just who is looking for her? Her web link is an empty page. The video was posted 2 months ago.
Anything since then? Does anyone recognise her from this video? I just hope all is well

Do you know her? Is her family looking for her? Why do you think she is missing?
Her web site is abandoned. Maybe she just went home. It was a rough start.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ok, just who is looking for her? Her web link is an empty page. The video was posted 2 months ago.

Do you know her? Is her family looking for her? Why do you think she is missing?
Her web site is abandoned. Maybe she just went home. It was a rough start.
Your tone is rather confrontational. But to answer your questions: I have met this pilgrim when I was helping her prepare for her camino. I have reason to fear for her wellbeing. I have met some of her family but do not have their contact details. I am simply trying to find out if she is in trouble, because if she is I am going to try to find a way to help. I'm glad this thread is being kept active, but I don't like being verbally attacked for this

Like many pilgrims she may just be in an area of bad wifi coverage and hopefuly she is ok. Lets try to keep this thread bumped up so people from the forum who are walking and have seen/met her can report. Most importantly lets keep it friendly.

Metropolly , It was strange seeing your post because just yesterday I was wondering about the lady, had she managed to reach her goal? I hope she is ok but she did, if I remember ask for donation of kit so she could go on the pilgrimage. I am sure some people met her I London, one just wonders every now and again what happens to people who post, when you never hear of them again. Regards John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Your tone is rather confrontational. But to answer your questions: I have met this pilgrim when I was helping her prepare for her camino. I have reason to fear for her wellbeing. I have met some of her family but do not have their contact details. I am simply trying to find out if she is in trouble, because if she is I am going to try to find a way to help. I'm glad this thread is being kept active, but I don't like being verbally attacked for this
Not my intention to be confrontational.
And certainly not meaning to attack you or anyone of good intention.
I'm trying to understand the situation, since your's is the only info I've seen on this woman.
I hope she is well, and that you find out that is so.
Pardon me if I seemed to be blunt or abrupt.

Not my intention to be confrontational.
And certainly not meaning to attack you or anyone of good intention.
I'm trying to understand the situation, since your's is the only info I've seen on this woman.
I hope she is well, and that you find out that is so.
Pardon me if I seemed to be blunt or abrupt.
Thanks, CaptBuddy - I seemingly misunderstood you. This thread is not an official 'missing person' alert, more an initial general enquiry as to the woman's whereabouts and wellbeing. It's entirely possible she has simply gone offline for a couple of months and is safe and well. I hope this is the case. I'm just casting about for any updates from anyone who has seen her lately. I'm glad of your interest, and it seems many others share our concern. Here's hoping for the best

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks Falcon - someone has now sent me some contact details so I'll start there and keep you all posted. I'm not at all surprised at the PMs and public replies I've received from people also worried about her - we all wanted her to succeed in her goal. I hope she did

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes please, do post updates. Some of us are reading without commenting!
Thank you. I'm not even sure what we can do with any information we find. If all is well we can heave a sigh of relief and celebrate, of course, but if not we can only hope to offer help if help is needed

Yes, perhaps better for the moment to keep this topic a tad circumspect. Several of us are trying to find out about Mrs DD - I met her in London last March for a long talk about her camino , and am fairly au fait with her situation. I sincerely hope she is OK, and I will post any relevant info I may receive.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back