• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone started from San Sebastián de los Reyes?

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
Another question for the Camino de Madrid veterans!

The CSJ guide mentions an alternative route to Tres Cantos, starting from San Sebastián de los Reyes, rather than Central Madrid:
An alternative route has now been opened up from San Sebastián de los Reyes, starting from the Iglesia de San Sebastián, which includes a pleasant walk along the wall of the Dehesa Boyal park, before joining the main route just before reaching Tres Cantos. The route is very well waymarked. Being 19km in length, it is a suitable distance for a first day of walking (edited version).

I'm tempted to do this - not because I particularly want to avoid Central Madrid, but because I'd like to go a bit further than Tres Cantos on day 1. And yes, I know there are many ways to shorten the conventional day 1, but for some reason this option appeals to me.

My question is: has anyone done this? If so, how did it work out for you?

For anyone interested, here's some (very basic) information about the route.
And another link that gives some context.

Thanks in anticipation!

Nuala

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.