• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone stayed in Vitorino dos Piaes on the Camino Portuguese central?

Peter462

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2019
Caminho port june 22
Hi there,

Has anyone stayed in Vitorino dos Piaes? I reckon I should be stopping in Barcelos or Barcelinos the night before but I don't think I fancy walking the 34km to Ponte de Lima the following day. So I've been looking into the villages that are 10 or so km from Ponte de Lima and was wondering if anyone had stayed there before, and if they did, what did they think?

In an ideal world I'd stay in Ponte de Lima but I'd rather have a shorter day and be able to spend a bit of time to explore there the following day rather than walking the extra 12km and being too hot and tired to do much.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Peter,

There is a guesthouse near to Vitorino dos Piaes called Casa Fernanda.

https://goo.gl/maps/wbk4TFCTynZe6TYF9

I've read so many posts on the forum where folks said it was the highlight of their trip.

I haven't stayed there yet but based on what I have read will be staying there next month and really looking forward to it.

You can search for her in the forum. Contact info is also in the post below:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/update-on-casa-fernanda.72534/#post-1035039

best of luck,

Phil

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm starting from Porto on the 7th so might bump into you on the way

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Definitely stay at Casa Fernanda if at all possible. Advance reservations generally needed as it’s small and fills up quickly. The short walk the next day will give you plenty of time to enjoy Ponte de Lima, plus after the lively evening and large breakfast that Fernanda serves, you’ll appreciate an easier day.

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed in Vitorino dos Piaes? I reckon I should be stopping in Barcelos or Barcelinos the night before but I don't think I fancy walking the 34km to Ponte de Lima the following day. So I've been looking into the villages that are 10 or so km from Ponte de Lima and was wondering if anyone had stayed there before, and if they did, what did they think?

In an ideal world I'd stay in Ponte de Lima but I'd rather have a shorter day and be able to spend a bit of time to explore there the following day rather than walking the extra 12km and being too hot and tired to do much.

Thanks in advance,

Peter
I have stayed there many and long times while walking and not walking . They are friends of me and my wife . If you can not get in contact with them , send me a pm .
I have contact by whatsapp ( I do not give their number) several times a week.
Phil was the last one yesterday I booked a bed for .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have stayed there many and long times while walking and not walking . They are friends of me and my wife . If you can not get in contact with them , send me a pm .
Much appreciated, thanks very much

Definitely stay at Casa Fernanda if at all possible. Advance reservations generally needed as it’s small and fills up quickly. The short walk the next day will give you plenty of time to enjoy Ponte de Lima, plus after the lively evening and large breakfast that Fernanda serves, you’ll appreciate an easier day.
Thanks so much, I think I'll definitely stay for the famous hospitality.

Undoubtedly, Casa Fernanda is something else, they are such lovely people, do not miss it!!! For me, certainly, one of the highlights of that camino, and of many other caminos, a memorable experience in every way, Fernanda and Jacinto are just fantastic!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Undoubtedly, Casa Fernanda is something else, they are such lovely people, do not miss it!!! For me, certainly, one of the highlights of that camino, and of many other caminos, a memorable experience in every way, Fernanda and Jacinto are just fantastic!

Attachments

• 6B75F7CA-AB13-4049-83B2-35C85EBB0279.jpeg
    6B75F7CA-AB13-4049-83B2-35C85EBB0279.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 172B8553-C36D-49E1-910B-BAF4E58C0589.jpeg
    172B8553-C36D-49E1-910B-BAF4E58C0589.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 0E136645-8A1F-4541-B644-B3B909BFCCBA.jpeg
    0E136645-8A1F-4541-B644-B3B909BFCCBA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • 26E5F52D-EB07-4B84-A684-567287DCE5FF.jpeg
    26E5F52D-EB07-4B84-A684-567287DCE5FF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • DC466E67-D80E-4702-BF8B-E3B24B1BAB1D.jpeg
    DC466E67-D80E-4702-BF8B-E3B24B1BAB1D.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 5A8DB58C-2E88-4140-A85D-26F4635F1916.jpeg
    5A8DB58C-2E88-4140-A85D-26F4635F1916.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 7
  • A08BBD67-7FB6-45C6-BEC1-F5F4F09FB1D4.jpeg
    A08BBD67-7FB6-45C6-BEC1-F5F4F09FB1D4.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 7DCF7300-9F64-4964-8CB7-775501A88D94.jpeg
    7DCF7300-9F64-4964-8CB7-775501A88D94.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 9B18451F-20B3-45EA-954C-A5382C2E733B.jpeg
    9B18451F-20B3-45EA-954C-A5382C2E733B.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 9D75A539-442F-4872-A8A0-AAE549562D08.jpeg
    9D75A539-442F-4872-A8A0-AAE549562D08.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
Albertinho, you helped reserve a room for my husband and myself for the night of May 5th. Unfortunately we were no shows and I want to apologize and explain the unexpected emergency. We were to begin our Camino on Sunday May 1 from Porto. The evening of April 30 I was taken by ambulance from lodging to cardiac unit in hospital at Vila Nova de Gaia. I had 8 hours of surgery to repair my aorta followed by a week in intensive care and several days in the infirmary. My husband and I are now in an AirBnB until the surgeon says I can return to the United States, which I hope will be Thursday. Please apologize to Fernanda and Jacinto for me. Thanks again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If Casa Fernanda is full, there are several options in and near Balugaes—one is Casa do Rio which is 0.7 km of the trail, but very nice.

Albertinho, you helped reserve a room for my husband and myself for the night of May 5th. Unfortunately we were no shows and I want to apologize and explain the unexpected emergency. We were to begin our Camino on Sunday May 1 from Porto. The evening of April 30 I was taken by ambulance from lodging to cardiac unit in hospital at Vila Nova de Gaia. I had 8 hours of surgery to repair my aorta followed by a week in intensive care and several days in the infirmary. My husband and I are now in an AirBnB until the surgeon says I can return to the United States, which I hope will be Thursday. Please apologize to Fernanda and Jacinto for me. Thanks again.
Taiji, OMG. Someone really wants you to stay on this side of Heaven A LOT. Best prayers for you and your husband.

I am sorry to read this now. I missed it obviously .
I hope you will recover soon I wish you a safe journey home.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What an ordeal for you! I'm glad that you were able to get the care that you needed, and I hope that you are on your way home now.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back