• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone used a trekking umbrella?

Julia Mumford

Adventure Geek
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Camino Ingles (2018)
I'm looking into trekking umbrellas for a Camino trip in June/July 2018. Not for rain protection, but more from the sun.

The last two years I've broken out in a cold sore, and I think the sun plays a big part in this. This year I walked in October, and the weather was not as hot. I didn't get a cold sore.

Just wondering if this is something people use or not? I've only seen a couple of people using them on the trail. Is it a hidden secret or a hindrance?
---
TMA: Sun Nov 05 2017 13:05:33 GMT+0000 (GMT).jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It’s neither a hidden secret nor hindernce but a wornderful and essential part of a Camino kit for quite a few people.

I have loved mine when using it in the rain as it allows me to walk with my Altus poncho zipped up only at the bottom, preveting sweat and condensation. It also allows me to see in front of me when it rains since I wear glasses.

But on VDLP it was more than a « nice to have » but a must after 12 o’clock. Mine of course is the reflective silver one and it does make the hot hours under blazing sun more bearble.

310 gr. well worth carrying.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Not only for ladies! Heading into Pamplona I saw a gentleman walking alone with his umbrella. Results - I was wet with my poncho, he was dry with his umbrella. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Absolutely! Learned about smart walking (meaning with an umbrella) froma group of men from Tenerife I walked with along the Norte. They were part of a walking club back home, swallowed km with great ease, so who was I to question their pratice... especially when they were dry and could see where they were going and I was wet and blinded by rain drops on my glasses.

I used a trekking umbrella on my last camino. Loved it and will always have it with me on future walks for both rain and sun. Purchased mine from Ivar's store as well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We used them, and agree with others, we loved them. People would comment how they could see our umbrellas
popping up and down in the vineyards of France (on super hot days), this picture was taken heading to San Sebastian (on a wet one). I have so many images of us with our umbrellas.

camino_umbrella_IMG_5415.JPG

....... It's exactly the weight of my poncho so now I only take the umbrella.
I've long wondered about choosing between a poncho or umbrella, and taking both. Each has its uses, and an umbrella cannot fill in for a poncho when it comes to freezing, driving rain and a penetrating icy wind, as we encountered on the meseta. I had both an umbrella and poncho with me, and I used both, during April/May. How to make the decision to take just the umbrella? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Absolutely! Learned about smart walking (meaning with an umbrella) froma group of men from Tenerife I walked with along the Norte. They were part of a walking club back home, swallowed km with great ease, so who was I to question their pratice... especially when they were dry and could see where they were going and I was wet and blinded by rain drops on my glasses.
When do you decide to fold it up in a wind driven rain? That would be my only concern

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've long wondered about choosing between a poncho or umbrella, and taking both. Each has its uses, and an umbrella cannot fill in for a poncho when it comes to freezing, driving rain and a penetrating icy wind, as we encountered on the meseta. I had both an umbrella and poncho with me, and I used both, during April/May. How to make the decision to take just the umbrella? :confused::confused:
Your description of "freezing, driving rain and a penetrating icy wind, as encountered on the meseta" was my experience exactly the morning we left Castrojerez sometime in early to mid May 2017. I wonder if you are speaking of that same day?

Umbrellas were appreciated in the gentle rain at the start but useless in the driving wind and rain between Santa Marina and Dumbria. Always had the poncho on as well to keep the packs dry so prudent to carry both.

@Icacos I walk with my umbrella in the Summer months! :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Large umbrellas are prone to be caught by the wind, and in the open landscape very much so...

We used to joke with the Korean pilgrims going up to O´Cebreiro in particularily gusty weather, pointing to all their blue lightweight ponchoes caught up in the trees along the trail. "Be careful that you don´t end up there too..!"

Your description of "freezing, driving rain and a penetrating icy wind, as encountered on the meseta" was my experience exactly the morning we left Castrojerez sometime in early to mid May 2017. I wonder if you are speaking of that same day?
No, it was a different year but, as I recall, the location was close after Castrojerez. :)

@Icacos I walk with my umbrella in the Summer months! :)
Well, that certainly simplifies matters! :) :)

This thread is definitely steering me towards purchasing a hands free umbrella; I'll be more motivated to go 'sauntering' during the several months of our winter rains.

Now, do I buy just a regular hands free, or the UV protection hands free, or both .... and save the latter just for caminos? :confused:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As a point of order, Ivar sells these umbrellas through the forum shop. They are made in Germany I believe. Check it out. I think his price is competitive to what you will find on the web...;)

When I volunteered at the Pilgrim Office last summer, the end of July was scathingly hot (> 34 degrees most days). I remembered that Ivar was selling these and managed, after only one day standing out in the blazing sun, to obtain one directly from him, cash-and-carry.

The exterior is silver so it reflects the heat of the sun, and large enough to provide adequate shade for my entire, and prodigious torso. Also, it was perceptibly cooler under the umbrella. It was neat to carry my personal shade tree with me wherever I went.

I used it as a parasol when working outside and while walking around Santiago for the rest of the month I was there. It also "works a treat" in the rain.

Many people noticed and even pointed at me, some took photos, and a few stopped me to ask where I got it. Let's just say it worked great in the heat.

I have all the attachment thingies to mount the umbrella to my rucksack harness, as in the photo above, but I have yet to try it. Perhaps on my next Camino...:)

As I live in South Florida, this umbrella will do double duty as a parasol at the beach, or for fair skinned visitors.

If you want to try to find one online, Google "hiking umbrella" or "trekking umbrella."

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Well, that certainly simplifies matters! :) :)

This thread is definitely steering me towards purchasing a hands free umbrella; I'll be more motivated to go 'sauntering' during the several months of our winter rains.

Now, do I buy just a regular hands free, or the UV protection hands free, or both .... and save the latter just for caminos? :confused:
I recommend the silver one as it is useful for both rain and sunshine....

I also want to add: I too was very dubious as to using an umbrella in strong winds.... It was indeed very windy walking from Castrojeriz to Boadilla, even in Summer but the umbrella held strong. On the Via Francigena last August I was caught in a bad storm and again....the umbrella didn't budge.

My only concern was (and still is!) : how safe is it when there is lightning? :confused::confused::eek::D

Buy the hands free with silver coating. I use mine without the little trinket to attach ot to the backpack as I simply thread the shaft (it’s extra long ) through the backpacks chest and hip straps.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When do you decide to fold it up in a wind driven rain? That would be my only concern
I don’t understand your question. Are you concerned about it collapsing in harsh winds? If so, I guess I would have to decided on the spot. I have yet to use ot in hurricane type weather, just regular rainy days woth moderate winds and during scortchingly hot dry days. Even if it had to be put aways in very high winds, I would still not think twice about carrying it, as in hurricane winds you would most likely find me in a bar with a cafe con leche, or even better vermud solera, and pinxos, with no intention whatsoever to be walking.

I remember that day. ;) Walked way too long. Should have given up far earlier because it was absolutely bitter and there was no way I could use my umbrella but luckily rain jacket, rain pants and waterproof socks kept me dry though definitely not warm. The rain was not just rain but had tiny beads of ice driven by wind. I walked with my broad brimmed hat on under the hood of my rain jacket and kept my head down so that my face wasn’t being stung by the ice. Funny how it is easiest to remember the hardest days. Makes me want to walk it again!!!:p
PS. Always walk with an umbrella. It is significantly cooler under a 100% UV umbrella.

I remember that day. ;) Walked way too long. Should have given up far earlier because it was absolutely bitter and there was no way I could use my umbrella but luckily rain jacket, rain pants and waterproof socks kept me dry though definitely not warm. The rain was not just rain but had tiny beads of ice driven by wind. I walked with my broad brimmed hat on under the hood of my rain jacket and kept my head down so that my face wasn’t being stung by the ice. Funny how it is easiest to remember the hardest days. Makes me want to walk it again!!!:p
PS. Always walk with an umbrella. It is significantly cooler under a 100% UV umbrella.
I had the brim of my baseball cap sticking out of my rain jacket hood, sunglasses on to protect my eyes and head down, way down. I remember watching my feet squish on the rocky, muddy trail. It was the worst day, but so exilerating and that adversity has actually become one of my best Camino memories...go figure! Like you, it makes me want to walk again! :cool:

I have used the silver umbrella (made by Euroschirm I think) since my first camino many years ago. Apart from the obvious advantages which have been mentioned, I appreciate the fact that I can walk in the sun without a hat and thus feel in my hair the little breeze there might be.

Also I have complemented the umbrella with what you might describe as a "half poncho" which I made myself: it goes over my pack and my shoulders/arms, goes straigt down to about knee level and has three straps over the front at the top, chest and stomach ( belly) level to prevent too much flapping. This also serves to sit on or lie on during picnic and siesta (most important!).

Which are also the occasions to use the umbrella - picnic and siesta in the shade!

Last edited:
I have used the silver umbrella (made by Euroschirm I think) since my first camino many years ago. Apart from the obvious advantages which have been mentioned, I appreciate the fact that I can walk in the sun without a hat and thus feel in my hair the little breeze there might be.
Yes, the fact that you don't need to wear a hat when using an umbrella is a big plus to me, because hats make me even hotter in the sun.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just wondering if this is something people use or not?
I now have one. It has not made it out of my neighborhood, but it works as advertised. My equipment has not changed much over the years, and I am not an advocate of the hand held umbrella, but I think this may be a worthy piece of gear! I will let you know after my winter walk.

Aarn packs and Pacer Poles have also been winners for me.

Rain suit and sleeping mat have been the big disappointments.

My Packa edges out my Altus poncho. Gaiters work, but for some reason, I have failed to put them on before it rains, so I don't take them any more.

The Tilley hat rules!!

My most used item is my 2x2 piece of plastic as a sitting mat, rain or shine.

Sportslick is my essential anti-blister treatment. Two Toms silicone is close.

I now have one. It has not made it out of my neighborhood, but it works as advertised. My equipment has not changed much over the years, and I am not an advocate of the hand held umbrella, but I think this may be a worthy piece of gear! I will let you know after my winter walk.

Aarn packs and Pacer Poles have also been winners for me.

Rain suit and sleeping mat have been the big disappointments.

My Packa edges out my Altus poncho. Gaiters work, but for some reason, I have failed to put them on before it rains, so I don't take them any more.

The Tilley hat rules!!

My most used item is my 2x2 piece of plastic as a sitting mat, rain or shine.

Sportslick is my essential anti-blister treatment. Two Toms silicone is close.
Buen camino @falcon269 and keep us posted ! :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don’t understand your question. Are you concerned about it collapsing in harsh winds? If so, I guess I would have to decided on the spot. I have yet to use ot in hurricane type weather, just regular rainy days woth moderate winds and during scortchingly hot dry days. Even if it had to be put aways in very high winds, I would still not think twice about carrying it, as in hurricane winds you would most likely find me in a bar with a cafe con leche, or even better vermud solera, and pinxos, with no intention whatsoever to be walking.
Thanks for the reply, on the meseta I hit some very strong gusts the type with the pack felt like a sail it would spin me to the side. Obviously that must be a rare ovation from the amount of folks using them

I had a regular umbrella, which I loved in the rain and which I would have used in sun instead of a wide brimmed straw hat (the hat squeaked as it rubbed on my pack). Alas I am one of those people that if it is not attached to me, I will forget it (hat, umbrella, pole, socks and underwear all got left behind in various locations). So my caveat is always: are you a forgetful person, and if so, are you prepared to forget the brolly where you left it to dry in an albergue along the way.

Gosh and thanks for this thread. This is new to me but I've just ordered one from Ivar's store (link above).

I had a cheap travel umbrella with me on the Via Francigena in May and I don't know if I would have managed without it! It had a couple of broken spokes by the end but I was grateful for the shade and occasional rain protection. Next time I'll have one of these trekking umbrellas for sure.

I agree with all of the positives assessments. Buy the fancy German model that you pictured, in the silver reflective fabric. I bought the telescopic one that compresses nicely, although it doesn’t have the tilt of the full size model.

I agree with all of the positives assessments. Buy the fancy German model that you pictured, in the silver reflective fabric. I bought the telescopic one that compresses nicely, although it doesn’t have the tilt of the full size model.
I have the telescope model also. What do you mean by they "tilt" of the full size model?

So my caveat is always: are you a forgetful person, and if so, are you prepared to forget the brolly where you left it to dry in an albergue along the way.
The minute I don't use it it goes back in the outside pocket of my rucksack or - if I know I'm going to need it again quickly - in the attachment for poles ... I don't leave it anywhere. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have used and I love it, my has a silver lining it’s great against the sun and a joy to use it when it rains, have you seen the the sweat bags people use? it’s discustanting I was soaked inside out in one, now just a light rain coat open most of the time during the rain and I can take pictures, eat etc etc and I don’t get wet and no covers for my backpack either. But be aware of cheap ones then don’t hold up well

Zzotte

The only time I don't use my trekking umbrella is when I'm jungle trekking because there's too much foliage. Otherwise it's great protection against the sun. We in South East Asia use umbrellas to protect from the sun more than the rain.

When hiking elsewhere, I find the umbrella most useful when it's raining. It's just too hot under a poncho or a raincoat, and the umbrella is perfect.

My trekking umbrella is only 220gm, and is the only item in my arsenal of hiking toys that I have not recently replaced. It's been through a few adventures and will definitely join me on a few more.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with all the positive comments here re the hands-free trekking umbrella : I have the EuroSchirm Telescope handsfree model with silver reflective coating [I think the same model that Ivar sells in the shop] ... I used it this year on the Voie du Puy-en-Velay / GR65 for both rain and sun protection ... carried it every day ... it was brilliant, especially for sun protection on a couple of hot days. On the rainy days it kept me and my pack cool and dry. Can be tilted against the weather by setting up across your body. Wouldn’t leave home without it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The minute I don't use it it goes back in the outside pocket of my rucksack or - if I know I'm going to need it again quickly - in the attachment for poles ... I don't leave it anywhere. :)
I wish I were that type of person . I try -I really do-but my forgetfulness superpower asserts itself as soon as I am not hyper vigilant. So many things lost :(:confused:
It did result in a very lightweight pack at the end, so that’s an upside

I wish I were that type of person . I try -I really do-but my forgetfulness superpower asserts itself as soon as I am not hyper vigilant. So many things lost :(:confused:
It did result in a very lightweight pack at the end, so that’s an upside

Every cloud and all that....:D;)

I also used the German hands-free, telescope, UV-protection model on my camino.
The telescope mechanism broke once I reached Logroño, but a little duct tape kept the umbrella in working conditions for the rest of my hike - though it wasn't collapsible any more. After I finished my camino, I got in touch with the Euroschirm company, documenting the damage with pictures I had taken, and they gave me a 100% refund.
For any future camino I would get their non-telescope model, for it's less likely to have any problems.
I used my umbrella almost every day for sun protection and found it very superior to just wearing a hat as it keeps all of your upper body in the shade as well. That makes a huge difference! The only day it was less than perfect was when it rained while I was on a narrow path through shrubs. But that was only one day out of forty.
It took me a few days to figure out the best way to attach the umbrella to my backpack. When following the instructions that came with it, I found it limited my vision, especially whe going up. Then I found out it worked best when the shaft went through the elastic band on the top lid of my backpack, then through the clip on the shoulder strap and finally the carrying loop (rather than the handle itself) attached to my hipbelt. That way the shaft wasn't kept in an upright position but rather in an angle that kept it further down over my back and gave me perfect vision in front.

I'm looking into trekking umbrellas for a Camino trip in June/July 2018. Not for rain protection, but more from the sun.

The last two years I've broken out in a cold sore, and I think the sun plays a big part in this. This year I walked in October, and the weather was not as hot. I didn't get a cold sore.

Just wondering if this is something people use or not? I've only seen a couple of people using them on the trail. Is it a hidden secret or a hindrance?
---
View attachment 37164
Never used one but a friend did. How we laughed at him when he produced his umbrella. Walking along towards Navarette, he was happily walking ahead under his umbrella nice and dry and I was soaked with sweat under my poncho. We laughed no more but he laughed at us as he walked along in tee shirt and shorts and bone dry :)

I am a complete fan of using an umbrella, for all the reasons listed above. I will absolutely bring one on future caminos.

However ... I'm not sure I would go with the expensive silver-coated hands-free one again. I liked that it had a sturdy canopy, and a larger canopy than most umbrellas. But I never managed to find a comfortable way to use it hands-free, it was always either banging my neck or the side of my head, so I ended up carrying it. The telescoping rod snapped after the first week. And the silver lining didn't last too long, and after a few rainy days I had a mottled silver and black model.

Next round I might save a lot of money and find a light-weight standard model.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We have the non telescopic, shorter versions, and yet to test them out.
Walking in the heat of May 2015 I would have given anything for one!

Not sure why, but the longer ones that clip to the belt didn't appeal to me.
I think I prefer the flexibility of mounting that the shorter handle should provide.
Being able to angle the umbrella to one side for example.

Though I am still working out the best way of attaching them. :oops:
A couple of velcro ties seem to make sense, but any advice from those who have fully 'field tested' methods of attachment would be most appreciated!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We have the non telescopic, shorter versions, and yet to test them out.
Walking in the heat of May 2015 I would have given anything for one!

Not sure why, but the longer ones that clip to the belt didn't appeal to me.
I think I prefer the flexibility of mounting that the shorter handle should provide.
Being able to angle the umbrella to one side for example.

Though I am still working out the best way of attaching them. :oops:
A couple of velcro ties seem to make sense, but any advice from those who have fully 'field tested' methods of attachment would be most appreciated!
I'm able to angle my long handled Euroschirm umbrella very easily. I tried different methods to carry a standard umbrella, (including Kanga's, which didn't work with my backpack), but nothing felt very secure and non wobbly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Any tips on use of the short handled version?
I rest the end of the handle on top of my hip belt, which gives me some cm extra effective length.

It would be fairly easy to come up with an extension.

A quick and dirty (and most likely annoying) version is simply extending the handle by fastening a short stick to the handle using two wire strips.

A better way would to make a cup from a cylindrical plastic container of sorts (think something like an old 35mm film canister, but larger diameter) screwed onto the end of a short stick/rod/pipe with a washer. Split the walls of the canister and use something to crimp it around the end of handle. If you do it right, it can be removed and re-attached easily. Shouldn't weigh much.

I'm sure I saw somewhere on the Forum, a technique of using velcro straps.........I must try to find it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I used a method very similar to the video which Kanga linked to above, except that I used a cord loop through my backpack's haul handle at the top, and on my strap I secured the base of the umbrella handle with a plastic covered wire wrap around my strap and twisted around the handle. It wasn't a perfect solution but it was workable with a % euro disposable travel umbrella. I've since splurged out on a proper Euroschirm telescopic and I'm as happy as a dog with two tails when I walk in the rain.

I have been searching for a trekking umbrella or one that I can strap on with velcro and toggles to go hands free, but I am not sure what to buy! The Eurochims are too expensive for me. Does anyone have a suggestion for one that is not a very large canopy like some are (i would like it under the 44" wide like some are to be able to walk close to others) and have a longer or telescopic shaft ( I think I would, anyway to secure to waist belt). In the $20 range would be preferable and also silver. Any brands or options that others have used that have worked? Thank you!

I purchased the Eurochim for my upcoming summer Camino to be used for shade - it was expensive. I sure hope it holds up because it seems very fragile and cheaply made - I guess because it is so lightweight???? I don't want to bother with returning it. I was at Daiso (asian dollar store) recently and looking at the "travel" umbrellas - they seem to be just as good but only $4 vs $40+.

We use the Euroschirm and love them!
They may seem fragile but they are quite hardy.

A couple of times a strong wind inverted them, but I soon learnt just to turn into the wind and it popped right back into place without even touching it.

We used them mainly for sun protection. I reckon on hot days it cut down our water needs by 40% !

They were good in rain too.

Last edited:
During the hot days, I just survived using the Euroschirm. Some peregrines asked me where to buy the so much wanted shadow. One peregrine which I met often on my way named me the Shadow Lady.
At the beginning of our Camino, we had 3 rain days with strong winds. It was wonderful to stay dry and still use walking sticks. I would never go again without my Eurosschirm.

I am a complete fan of using an umbrella, for all the reasons listed above. I will absolutely bring one on future caminos.

However ... I'm not sure I would go with the expensive silver-coated hands-free one again. I liked that it had a sturdy canopy, and a larger canopy than most umbrellas. But I never managed to find a comfortable way to use it hands-free, it was always either banging my neck or the side of my head, so I ended up carrying it. The telescoping rod snapped after the first week. And the silver lining didn't last too long, and after a few rainy days I had a mottled silver and black model.

Next round I might save a lot of money and find a light-weight standard model.
check this out: https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/collections/umbrellas/products/silver-shadow-original

I have been searching for a trekking umbrella or one that I can strap on with velcro and toggles to go hands free, but I am not sure what to buy! The Eurochims are too expensive for me. Does anyone have a suggestion for one that is not a very large canopy like some are (i would like it under the 44" wide like some are to be able to walk close to others) and have a longer or telescopic shaft ( I think I would, anyway to secure to waist belt). In the $20 range would be preferable and also silver. Any brands or options that others have used that have worked? Thank you!
check this out: https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/collections/umbrellas/products/silver-shadow-original

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We used them, and agree with others, we loved them. People would comment how they could see our umbrellas
popping up and down in the vineyards of France (on super hot days), this picture was taken heading to San Sebastian (on a wet one). I have so many images of us with our umbrellas.

View attachment 37180
I thought I’d add, as this image is of five of my kids with theirs... that we still have them! We have had some spikes come loose but have fixed them easily with thread ourselves.
We are discussing an attempt of the Appalachian Trail. On the trail you usually earn a name. My kids said I already have one. Two days out of Le Puy wearing a hiking skirt and using my umbrella a worker at a bar comes out yelling enthusiastically “ MARY POPPINS!!! MARY POPPINS”.....

So I bought the six moon designs umbrella, but I can't really seem to figure out how to attach it properly to an Osprey Kyte or Osprey Kestrel. I have looked at videos online for different but the people in them are always walking and talking and I can't quite make out how they are affixed to the straps! Either that or clearer videos have people with different types of packs than ours. Does anyone have a clear photo or can anyone recommend a video they cann share to show me how to attach the umbrellas in such a way that would be easy on and off? Thanks!

p.s. The talk of extreme heat has got me more concerned about getting the umbrella right! :) We leave in about two weeks!

I've bought the Euroschirm umbrella from the camino forum shop and it's just arrived. It is a little bit heavier than expected, but I still think it will be worth it. It seems sturdy and is easy to attach to my Osprey pack. As we're walking CF from 1st April I'm expecting plenty of rain and possibly a bit of sun. As an aside, I ordered this on Wednesday from Ivan and it arrived in Australia on Sunday! Amazing service.

I've bought the Euroschirm umbrella from the camino forum shop and it's just arrived. It is a little bit heavier than expected, but I still think it will be worth it. It seems sturdy and is easy to attach to my Osprey pack. As we're walking CF from 1st April I'm expecting plenty of rain and possibly a bit of sun. As an aside, I ordered this on Wednesday from Ivan and it arrived in Australia on Sunday! Amazing service.

Hope you find it useful, Ruth ... I have one and I ❤️ it, especially for sun protection ... but I have also used in the rain ... all the best, ultreïa‼️ from fellow Melbournian 😉

Hope you find it useful, Ruth ... I have one and I ❤ it, especially for sun protection ... but I have also used in the rain ... all the best, ultreïa‼ from fellow Melbournian 😉
That's great to hear...thank you!

Click below to see my umbrella in use during my Camino. FYI, my channel is not monetized. I do videos because I love to make them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.