• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone used Adhesive Knit for blister prevention?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
No, I haven't, @trecile--because I swear by a much cheaper alternative: plain old paper first aid tape. And occasionally lambswool around the toes. No blisters. Nada. Before that was another story. The right shoes are essential too.

For more than you imagined ever learning about blister prevention, there's a podiatrist in Australia who has a great blister prevention blog, I think her name's Rebecca Rushton. Google will find her fine website. I learned a ton there and it saved my feet.

No, I haven't, @trecile--because I swear by a much cheaper alternative: plain old paper first aid tape. And occasionally lambswool around the toes. No blisters. Nada. Before that was another story. The right shoes are essential too.

For more than you imagined ever learning about blister prevention, there's a podiatrist in Australia who has a great blister prevention blog, I think her name's Rebecca Rushton. Google will find her fine website. I learned a ton there and it saved my feet.
I have perused that website. I have also used the paper tape, but it ends up not staying in place well. Maybe I need more practice with it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I use a double layer over places that can be problematic...for me mostly around the toes but also the back of the heel. I don't use boots but very lightweight shoes--like hiking sandsls eith mesh. Maybe that's why the tape sticks?
Good luck and buen Camino trecile!

I know this might sound strange but I use gaffer tape torn into strips, it has worked well for me and is cheap.
I carry it on my walking poles.

A friend told me about this today. She swears by it for long hikes. Looks like it should work well.
[/U]
I used "Leukotape", available from Amazon. It's thin, easily cut, and will stay put for days, even in the shower. I slapped it on in strips on the ball of my feet, the bottoms and sides of my heels, and was even able to cut it into small strips to wrap around individual toes. It also works well as a "second layer" over a band-aid to keep it in place. It doesn't get all "gummy" like adhesive tape either.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
but it ends up not staying in place well
Which ever tape you use, apply it the night before so that it has time to adhere properly to your skin. Made a huge difference for me.
I learned that trick from John Vonhof, writer of Fixing Your Feet, found on Amazon.

Buen Camino!

I haven't tried it but I urge you to, along with a slew of other products so you can find what works best for you. I used the white tape (generously) as it is light weight and readily available. Before that I used Duct Tape; it worked well but I ran out. There are duct tape haters who condemn the use of it. Oh well. There are people who swear by moleskin but all I had was soggy moleskin loose in my sock, so I'm not on their team. Our product choices are as unique as our feet and I'm glad you unearthed one that I haven't used yet.

Duck tape it great as a blister prevention, its very smooth and stays in place a long time, like days :)

zzotte

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.