A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Has anyone used pedicure "slippers" for shower shoes?

2020 Camino Guides

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

I bought a pair of these spa pedicure "slippers" at a beauty supply store. They weight just 0.6 ounce/14 gm. That's about one sixth the weight of my regular rubber flip flops. For the price and weight I could bring back up pair two in case they break. I have worn similar slippers home from a pedicure appointment, and they held up well. Here's a similar product on Amazon.

november_moon

Veteran Member
I have heard of people taking those. I can't really walk in them myself, and I bring my flip flops for general wandering around the alberque and sometimes town in addition to showering, so for me, the flip flops are worth the weight. But whatever works.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I have heard of people taking those. I can't really walk in them myself, and I bring my flip flops for general wandering around the alberque and sometimes town in addition to showering, so for me, the flip flops are worth the weight. But whatever works.
In addition to trail runners, I'm bringing some Ecco sandals that I can also hike in. I'm not sure if I'd want to shower in them though, so I thought that these might be good to take.

Ahhhs

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago, May 2015
Porto to Santiago, April 2016
Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago, April 2016
Camino Del Norte, April 2017
I never use shower shoes. Nor do my traveling companions. Have never had a problem.

I use Teva back up sandals for evenings and have occasionally hiked in them to give my feet a break from shoes.

Buen Camino.

milsub

Camino(s) past & future
I will walk first part of Camino de Santiago May/June (2016)
In addition to trail runners, I'm bringing some Ecco sandals that I can also hike in. I'm not sure if I'd want to shower in them though, so I thought that these might be good to take.
I am sneaking in a question on the ecco sandals - have you had a chance to test them on a longer walk. I was going to, but hurt both my feet a week ago falling down some stairs, so all my walk have been suspended for the time being. I hope it clears up soon as I start my Camino in 3 weeks...

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
I am sneaking in a question on the ecco sandals - have you had a chance to test them on a longer walk. I was going to, but hurt both my feet a week ago falling down some stairs, so all my walk have been suspended for the time being. I hope it clears up soon as I start my Camino in 3 weeks...
Yes. I walked 5 miles in them the other day and they were very comfortable. I put some tape on areas where I thought I could possibly get blisters just in case. The sandals I have are the Ecco Sport Off Road Lite. I have also worn them all day a couple of times.

I hope that you recover quickly!

Buen Camino

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
By far the best option are crocs sandals. I have the Cleo style. Supercomfy to walk in after a day on the trail. Excellent cushioned footed and they last and last. You can wear socks in them when chilly and great in the shower. If it rains your feet get wet but the sandals and feet dry fast.

Bonita

Camino(s) past & future
September ( 2015)
Milsub, I've worn my Ecco sandals all over India, China, and I took them on my camino last Sept/Oct. I used them for the last 4 or 5 miles just to give my feet a break from my trail runners. I love Eccos. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a pair of Keen sandals, but I don't know which pair to choose. There are so many. So I'll probably buy a new pair of Eccos.

milsub

Camino(s) past & future
I will walk first part of Camino de Santiago May/June (2016)
Milsub, I've worn my Ecco sandals all over India, China, and I took them on my camino last Sept/Oct. I used them for the last 4 or 5 miles just to give my feet a break from my trail runners. I love Eccos. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a pair of Keen sandals, but I don't know which pair to choose. There are so many. So I'll probably buy a new pair of Eccos.
Thanks Bonita! My only worry here is that I got the Lite version of the Mens Offroad so I hope that they are rugged enough!

Dr Ana

Camino(s) past & future
Future plan: easter week 2019 Santa Semana, Sevilla to Porto direction

I bought a pair of these spa pedicure "slippers" at a beauty supply store. They weight just 0.6 ounce/14 gm. That's about one sixth the weight of my regular rubber flip flops. For the price and weight I could bring back up pair two in case they break. I have worn similar slippers home from a pedicure appointment, and they held up well. Here's a similar product on Amazon.
Yes, if you had leftover from some spa, usually they are lightest one, sometimes just transparent cotton shapped like slippers, and they are washable and super easy to dry in a minut

Glamgrrl

Camino(s) past & future
Travel318
My husband had bad blisters on one foot between his toes. He ended up walking over 250km with one Ecco sandal and one Solomon. He would of wore both but had a bad injury (it was long healed), and wanted a bit more support. Last summer, we went for a longer 42km walk, I forgot my shoes, and so walked the whole way (lighter pack), in his sandals (the same ones).

Glamgrrl

Camino(s) past & future
Travel318
Yes, if you had leftover from some spa, usually they are lightest one, sometimes just transparent cotton shapped like slippers, and they are washable and super easy to dry in a minut
I find them super slippery and dangerous

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
My husband had bad blisters on one foot between his toes. He ended up walking over 250km with one Ecco sandal and one Solomon. He would of wore both but had a bad injury (it was long healed), and wanted a bit more support. Last summer, we went for a longer 42km walk, I forgot my shoes, and so walked the whole way (lighter pack), in his sandals (the same ones).
After two Caminos in trail runners I have switched to walking the Camino exclusively on sandals. My feet couldn't be happier. 😊

Catcam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Portuguese 2019
I took a pair of these pedicure thongs because they were so lightweight but on their first real use at Roncevalles, I had a nasty slip in the bathroom and then when trying to lift my foot up, they’d formed a seal on the wet floor and tore making them useless. So I agree that they’re slippery and dangerous!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock