• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Has anyone used this credential/notebook?

Advertisment

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Personally I think it is far to heavy and the translations into other languages than Spanish were really bad - at least that was the case in the version I saw some time ago.

Buen Camino, SY

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
Personally I think it is far to heavy and the translations into other languages than Spanish were really bad - at least that was the case in the version I saw some time ago.

Buen Camino, SY
For me, it is too heavy, but I know that many pilgrims like to bring a small notebook with them, so I thought that this might be nice way to carry a credential and notebook. I just found that Ivar carries it in the store! https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...cathedral-in-santiago#shopify-product-reviews

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
It's a sweet concept. If it weren't too heavy and if one were to be disciplined enough to write in it regularly, I would think that it would be a wonderful thing to have long after the Camino was over.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances,(Sarria to Santiago) 2016, 2017 start in SJPdP April
used it from SJPdP to Logrono, April 2018, Returned to the Camino , Logrono tp Santiago, used the standard passport, much lighter and more user friendly.
Did get quite a few compliments on it though

lissie45

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk Frances 2019
138g according to the store listing - I must say its tempting -though with 48 places for "official" stamps it's a little light. Does someone who's seen it in real life think it would work if you saved the "official" 48 stamp places for your overnight stays - and then used other pages for other stamps like bars and churchs along the way?

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
138g according to the store listing - I must say its tempting -though with 48 places for "official" stamps it's a little light. Does someone who's seen it in real life think it would work if you saved the "official" 48 stamp places for your overnight stays - and then used other pages for other stamps like bars and churchs along the way?
I think that the book has at least 38 pages, so it has enough room for "extra" stamps, and a few handwritten notes on each page.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Live - Camino Portugues It begins
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%