• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone walked from Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette to Avignon to Camino del Piamonte?

The Kolbist

Time of past OR future Camino
Past Caminos: 7 routes (pls see below)
Hi,

Planning to walk in the future one Marian apparition to another in Shrine of our Lady of Lasalette to Lourdes via Avignon. It's a long shot but has anyone walked this route or have any information if its even doable. thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I copied this text from the La Salette website after translating it into English

'It is also possible to get to the sanctuary on foot, like the old pilgrims, by following many marked paths, for example, from Valbonnais (north); Valgaudemar (south-east) or Corps (south-west).
All these routes allow you to discover the surroundings of the sanctuary, particularly rich in alpine flora and fauna, as well as to have some breathtaking views and admire the landscapes of medium and high mountains.'

I cant help you with the route to Corps, which would be heading in the right direction for the Via Domitia (GR653D) https://www.gr-infos.com/en/gr653_D.htm but would say if you can get there it would be about 35km according to google earth to Gap, and then you are on the route to Avignon. My suggestion after that is stay on the route and go to Arles and take the Chemin Arles and follow it to Toulouse and take the connecting route up that goes to the Via Piamonte https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-gr-chemin-toulouse-to-sb-de-comminges.49402/ .
I am being a bit vague but will try to find my book which does a Chemin St Jacques from Arles to Logrono via the Mediterranean and would cross the start of the Via Piamont.

+ If you couldn't find connecting trails between Corps and Gap then this is the road you would be walking

This link is to the tourism office of Corps, they have online map which you can move about and zoom in on, it may be a way of creating your own route.

Last edited:
In my rush to find info I forgot to say what a beautiful way to go from Marian Sanctuary in the Alps to Marian Sanctuary in the Pyrenees. If you do go via the coast to the start of the Piamonte I then you will have a very beautiful route once you get to the foothills of the Pyrenees. And from my book ( the Chemin Catalan) it seemed the route from St Gilles to Montpellier (Mediterranean side) was a lot more off road or next to various canals than the Arles way to Montpellier.
I walked from Montpellier ( Grabels) on the Chemin de Arles and it was stunning once you got into the Haute Languedoc. There is a detour route you see on maps occasionally from St. Gervais Sur Mare to the Via Piedmont which if it exists would probably give you the best of the Arles and Piedmont but finding info is elusive, it may be worth searching the forum, someone may posted something 4 or 5 years ago.
I found this link to a GR route which actually goes through your sanctuary and if you follow it south then it will bring you quite close to the Via Domitia https://www.gr-infos.com/gr50.htm.

+ The route from St Gervais Sur Mare to Capestang on the Via Piedmont. https://www.minervois-caroux.com/fr/bouger/randonnees-caroux-herault/saint-jacques-de-compostel.html

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
thanks Isca-camigo... will try to study this... we might visit the Sanctuary of our Lady of Lasalette this fall and will try to gather more info... thanks again

What a nice itinerary! I used to live in both Grenoble and Avignon. Did you do it? I also live near the USA shrine to Our Lady of LaSalette.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back