• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has Anyone Walked the Camino Inglés in October?

Dan the Man

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2015, 2017, 2019
I am thinking of leaving October 1, 2016 to walk te Camino Inglese. Has anyone walked it during this time period before?

I walked the entire France Route in August 2015 and am wanting to do another shorter route this fall.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes I walked it last year starting October 5th. Pleasant temperatures, quite a bit of rain the first couple days. I met 7 other pilgrims only 3 spoke any English and I only saw them briefly. The rest of the pilgrims spoke Spanish and locals spoke Gallegos and some Spanish. I did not have phone service and all of the Albergues had a phone number to call to get the key. I met a man, my age, from outside of Madrid at the first Albergue and he and I walked together to Santiago. It was great to practice my Spanish as he did not understand English. We had a great time and fortunately he had a phone!

I walked in December and very pleasant - small amount of rain but not much. So I imagine October will be lovely.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes I walked it last year starting October 5th. Pleasant temperatures, quite a bit of rain the first couple days. I met 7 other pilgrims only 3 spoke any English and I only saw them briefly. The rest of the pilgrims spoke Spanish and locals spoke Gallegos and some Spanish. I did not have phone service and all of the Albergues had a phone number to call to get the key. I met a man, my age, from outside of Madrid at the first Albergue and he and I walked together to Santiago. It was great to practice my Spanish as he did not understand English. We had a great time and fortunately he had a phone!
Thank You. How did you get to the starting point? Did you fly into Madrid or elsewhere ? I am going alone

I am thinking of leaving October 1, 2016 to walk te Camino Inglese. Has anyone walked it during this time period before?

I walked the entire France Route in August 2015 and am wanting to do another shorter route this fall.
You'll be fine Dan...just bring your rain gear. Hugs Ingrid

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank You. How did you get to the starting point? Did you fly into Madrid or elsewhere ? I am going alone
Try to fly to A Coruna. ..bus to Ferrol. ... many options via Madrid. I remember I was on a train out of Zamora that went all the way to A Coruna ...

Flew into Madrid with connecting flight to SdC then 30 minute bus to Ferrol. Five day walk back to SdC from there.

How did you get to the starting point? Did you fly into Madrid or elsewhere ?

You addressed your question to a person other than me but I'd like to say that if you come from Toronto, your best option would be to fly to A Coruña airport (code: LCG) with British Airways (the leg from London to A Coruña is a codeshare flight operated by Vueling). If that option was very expensive, you could look for flights to Madrid.

From A Coruña airport, take the bus going to downtown A Coruña (operated by http://autoscalpita.com). Once in downtown A Coruña, take a bus to Ferrol with www.arriva.gal Train (with www.renfe.com) is another option from downtown A Coruña to Ferrol but it runs less frequently).

If you arrived to Madrid, you could take a bus to Ferrol with Alsa (www.alsa.es/en) either from the airport itself (Terminal 4) or from downtown Madrid (check schedules out of both locations to see which one suits you better). Alternatively, you could take a train (with RENFE) out Chamartín train station. To get to Chamartín from the airport, the easiest is to take a Cercanías (commuter) train out of Terminal 4 (unless you are willing to pay for a taxi, i.e.).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I had just finished walking the Francés and so I was in Santiago de Compostela. I took a bus to Ferrol and started walking right down to Santiago then Muxia and Finisterre.

I'm planning my first, starting on 9/30. Flying into Madrid and taking the train to Ferrol--cheapest option for me.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked it last October and it was lovely - the forests, the hills (very steep in parts), the unforgettable quietness. It did rain for 3 days as I approached Santiago. Not too many pilgrims, though, which made it that much nicer. You will love it. Take it slow and easy, and stop frequently to admire the vista.

Did you also walk to Ginisterte or Muxia then too?
I walked to Finisterre in November (I think) with one day of rain but otherwise lovely.
I didn't make it to Muxia as i was starting to suffer from kidney stones (((

Generally Oct-Dec seems to be a reasonable weather bet, I think Jan-Feb are more difficult. But not yet tried personally

I walked to Finisterre in November (I think) with one day of rain but otherwise lovely.
I didn't make it to Muxia as i was starting to suffer from kidney stones (((

Generally Oct-Dec seems to be a reasonable weather bet, I think Jan-Feb are more difficult. But not yet tried personally

OUCH! I had kidney stones within 24 hours of getting home from my last camino which explains why my back was hurting the last couple of day. I sure feel blessed that it didn't happen until I was home.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
OUCH! I had kidney stones within 24 hours of getting home from my last camino which explains why my back was hurting the last couple of day. I sure feel blessed that it didn't happen until I was home.

You have my sympathy & empathy. My stones respond very well to lithotripsy, so I put them in the category of "simple" problems, but until they're zapped, they can be incapacitating. Out comes the oral morphine (if I have any).

I heard from one doctor that the extra activity of hiking can lead to small stones moving around and become problems, when otherwise they might not be, e.g. if small and not fast-growing.

I walked the Ingles in October and it rained very heavily so be prepared. The route is well marked and albergues or hotels all along the route. If you need recommedations just ask. Where you stay depends on how long you intend to take.
Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back