• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions on Córdoba - Mérida

camino_rooky

Time of past OR future Camino
Fisterra2012;Ingles 2013;Littoral 2014;Frances 2016;Portuguese 2015,2017,2018;Mozarabe 2017,2019
Hi , my husband and I hope to continue our Camino Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida in October 2022. I have 2 queries :

1 : is it easy to contact Juan for taxi from Puerto Calatraveno to Alcaracejos to split the long stage from Villaharta ? Does he speak/understand English ?

2 : we will arrive in Cerromuriano on a Friday and it appears Bar “X” is closed on Fridays. Is it still possible to contact /access accommodation when we arrive ?

I may have more questions as I do more research .

Thank you in advance for any info anybody can provide .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
2 : we will arrive in Cerromuriano on a Friday and it appears Bar “X” is closed on Fridays. Is it still possible to contact /access accommodation when we arrive ?

Hello,

I called him one day in advance and it was ok for me to stay there although it was closed. I wouldn't wait until I got there: maybe he is out and about? Call one or a few days ahead!

/BP

Hello,

I called him one day in advance and it was ok for me to stay there although it was closed. I wouldn't wait until I got there: maybe he is out and about? Call one or a few days ahead!

/BP
Do you know if he speaks or understands English?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We had to change our flights to Spain due to unforeseen circumstances so we will have to shorten our Camino Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida by 2 days. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which 2 days to cut out. I was thinking of getting bus from Cordoba to Cerromuriano and starting from there and trying to do the long stage ( Villaharta to Alcaracejos ) in 1 day ( I had allocated 2 ). But if anyone has any better ideas ?

You’ll find lots of discussion on Villaharta to Alcaracejos. I know that many forum members walk it, but cabs for some of it are an option. If you do that, my recommendation would be to find a way to walk the first half and cab the second, because the first half is nicer, IMHO. I posted my stages here.

There’s lots of discussion on the forum about the dangerous section into Torrefresneda. It is really really dangerous, at least if you are walking on a weekday. The river crossing after Yelbes would be a much safer way to go, but you will have to check with the tourist office/police in Medellín to see the status of the water level when you walk. October seems likely to be before the rains so maybe you can hope for a low level. If not, taking a cab from Medellín to Torrefresnada could both save kms and dangers.

The day into Mérida also has a lot of walking along the superhighway on a protected frontage, so that’s another place to cut.

Hope you can find a good solution! Buen camino, Laurie

And a p.s. If you have to cut, you have to cut, but the walk out of Córdoba starts with a really nice ascent to get your cardio going. I thnk this is the stage with the long walk alongside a military base, which is interesting but not beautiful.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You’ll find lots of discussion on Villaharta to Alcaracejos. I know that many forum members walk it, but cabs for some of it are an option. If you do that, my recommendation would be to find a way to walk the first half and cab the second, because the first half is nicer, IMHO. I posted my stages here.

There’s lots of discussion on the forum about the dangerous section into Torrefresneda. It is really really dangerous, at least if you are walking on a weekday. The river crossing after Yelbes would be a much safer way to go, but you will have to check with the tourist office/police in Medellín to see the status of the water level when you walk. October seems likely to be before the rains so maybe you can hope for a low level. If not, taking a cab from Medellín to Torrefresnada could both save kms and dangers.

The day into Mérida also has a lot of walking along the superhighway on a protected frontage, so that’s another place to cut.

Hope you can find a good solution! Buen camino, Laurie

And a p.s. If you have to cut, you have to cut, but the walk out of Córdoba starts with a really nice ascent to get your cardio going. I thnk this is the stage with the long walk alongside a military base, which is interesting but not beautiful.
Thank you , Peregrina2000 , for your helpful suggestions .

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back