• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Has anyone walked this route?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Now that we have a separate folder for the Camino Baztan (thanks grayland and Ivar!), I wonder whether there is anyone out there who could give us the walker's perspective on the route. It looks beautiful, but it's always nice to hear from some who have actually walked it.

Thanks, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Laurie,
I walked this route and I love it ! it's beautiful , to many things to say ...and reading this forum gave me the idea to put this camino on Face Book. So , look for : Voie du Baztan, Ruta del Baztan.
I am from the association of the "amis du chemin de St-Jacques des Pyrénées Atlantiques " in Bayonne. Inside the Cathedral , from 10 of april to end of september in 2012, we will give you all the informations you need to walk this camino. Sorry , a little bit hard for me to write in english.
As usual , easier to read ... bye ! Dominique

Thanks, Dominique,

You've given me one more reason to pay more attention to facebook. I will look for your facebook page with interest!

Thanks for telling us about the effort to promote this Camino, I assume that over the next few years its popularity will continue to grow.

Laurie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi! I am thinking of walking this route in a few days from now (about Sept 12, 2012). Can you tell me, how is the weather? And maybe, what is the easiest way to Bayonne from southern Spain? I understand both French and Spanish if you prefer to reply in one of those languages... Merci y gracias!

Also, what days and times are the Amies open? Qu'est-ce que sont les heures que le bureau des Amies est overt?

Thanks to user mspath for this answer (sept 2012)-

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/spi ... ubrique590

Cathédrale de Bayonne :
Accueil par l’Association des Amis du Chemin de Saint-Jacques des Pyrénées-Atlantiques :
Du 10 avril au 30 septembre 2012
Du lundi au samedi : de 9h à 12h et de 15h à 18h (sauf jours fériés)
Informations - carnet de pèlerin - tampon - etc

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I walked this and it was AMAZING! The last 2 stages had a lot of traffic noise even though the walk was gorgeous and in the hillside above the highway so not right on the road and still pretty, but I recommend earplugs or music if traffic noise bothers you.

DEFINITELY worth walking, not too difficult (for me) and gorgeous villages, clean albergues.

I don't have much blogged but will try to eventually with the baztan tag: http://oncearoundtheroom.com

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.